Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Heurerman on Flacco

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    To be fair, Langley is using this line as an excuse.
    Excuse? That's his story. He doesn't deny that he failed as a CB. He told Elway that he didn't want to play defense any more and wanted to try his hand at WR.

He was interviewed on 104.3 The Fox and that's what he said. They're giving him a shot.

What I really hate about these boards is that you are so lazy. Don't listen to Broncos radio which really has a lot of info about what is going on behind the scenes. In this case, the player gave an interview. It's all in the open.

I don't know what google said, but I do know how much to value what Google says. You do realize that the highest ranked site is not necessarily the most reliable, merely the most popular?

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Dude the google point was a joke but just check out nfl.com on his draft profile. I read this 2 years ago during the draft. He was a cornerback they asked him to move to receiver at Georgia he did that then move back to cornerback and then transferred to Lamar. None of this is secret unheard of stuff

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Excuse? That's his story. He doesn't deny that he failed as a CB. He told Elway that he didn't want to play defense any more and wanted to try his hand at WR.

He was interviewed on 104.3 The Fox and that's what he said. They're giving him a shot.

What I really hate about these boards is that you are so lazy. Don't listen to Broncos radio which really has a lot of info about what is going on behind the scenes. In this case, the player gave an interview. It's all in the open.

I don't know what google said, but I do know how much to value what Google says. You do realize that the highest ranked site is not necessarily the most reliable, merely the most popular?
    *The Fan

Don’t lecture me on recruiting.

And Lazy? I knew who Langley was 7-8 years ago, I was the only one that liked the pick.

What I hate about these boards is you are so pretentious.

Btw, I listen to Altitude because they talk about something other than the Broncos ... there isn’t a Broncos angle that sports talk radio can cover that we don’t hit on around here regularly. Dmac should read this MB to get an original take or two.
    Last edited by Simple Jaded; 05-19-2019 at 03:28 AM.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Flacco is tearing this message board apart!
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Flacco is tearing this message board apart!
    Only certain posters here are letting that happen.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Poet, SR

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

This is nothing compared to the bench Plummer, Trade Cutler, Start Tebow, trade Tebow...
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

10. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I was right too, sucks to be so smart sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Only certain posters here are letting that happen.
    Joe Flacco is murdering this team and we will need decades to recover!
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Joe Flacco is murdering this team and we will need decades to recover!
    I see what you did there.

15. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    I see what you did there.
    Outlandish Style!

We're having a good time, Nomad!

*The Fan

Don’t lecture me on recruiting.

And Lazy? I knew who Langley was 7-8 years ago, I was the only one that liked the pick.

What I hate about these boards is you are so pretentious.

Btw, I listen to Altitude because they talk about something other than the Broncos ... there isn’t a Broncos angle that sports talk radio can cover that we don’t hit on around here regularly. Dmac should read this MB to get an original take or two.
    I'm still holding firm on my Cugle is Dmac theory, or Cmac if you will.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I'm still holding firm on my Cugle is Dmac theory, or Cmac if you will.
    I like this theory, I shall try to remember to call Cug by his new name.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

19. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

I like this theory, I shall try to remember to call Cug by his new name.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	biscutincidentbastard.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	90.0 KB 
ID:	14308

Seth Joyner: Team that has declined the most this off-season: "Denver Broncos. The Broncos lost three offensive line starters and two of their top three cornerbacks to free agency, but their biggest downgrade came from signing 34-year old Joe Flacco as starting quarterback. Flacco ranked 26th in Total QBR on vertical passes last season and could be a huge drop-off from the solid vertical passing numbers Case Keenum posted in Denver last season."
    For some reason the national press has the delusion that Flacco is actually worse than Keesum. Joyner cannot possibly have watched Keesum play if he thinks that of course. "Huge drop off from the solid vertical passing numbers Case Keenum posted" --- that might be the funniest take on the Broncos off-season I've heard yet.

"Two of their top 3 CBs" -- well it looks like the Broncos will re-negotiate Chris Harris for this season, so that part is not true. It's unfortunate that Elway refuses to offer Harris a long term deal but that will have zero impact this season.

As for losing Bradley Roby, he played out his contract, including the fifth year option, but he wasn't very good when promoted to the #2 CB last year. The Broncos signed Callahan and Kareem Jackson, which more than made up for the loss of Roby, who had to sign a 1 year, "prove it" deal with the Texans for $9.5m.

The Texans have no commitment to him after the 2019 season. Nobody thinks losing Bradley Roby will negatively impact the Broncos except the sporting press for some insane reason.
    Last edited by Cugel; 05-28-2019 at 05:15 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Seth Joyner: Team that has declined the most this off-season: "Denver Broncos. The Broncos lost three offensive line starters and two of their top three cornerbacks to free agency, but their biggest downgrade came from signing 34-year old Joe Flacco as starting quarterback. Flacco ranked 26th in Total QBR on vertical passes last season and could be a huge drop-off from the solid vertical passing numbers Case Keenum posted in Denver last season."
    For some reason the national press has the delusion that Flacco is actually worse than Keesum. Joyner cannot possibly have watched Keesum play if he thinks that of course. "Huge drop off from the solid vertical passing numbers Case Keenum posted" --- that might be the funniest take on the Broncos off-season I've heard yet.

"Two of their top 3 CBs" -- well it looks like the Broncos will re-negotiate Chris Harris for this season, so that part is not true. It's unfortunate that Elway refuses to offer Harris a long term deal but that will have zero impact this season.

As for losing Bradley Roby, he played out his contract, including the fifth year option, but he wasn't very good when promoted to the #2 CB last year. The Broncos signed Callahan and Kareem Jackson, which more than made up for the loss of Roby, who had to sign a 1 year, "prove it" deal with the Texans for $9.5m.

The Texans have no commitment to him after the 2019 season. Nobody thinks losing Bradley Roby will negatively impact the Broncos except the sporting press for some insane reason.
    Are these the same analysts that think Sam Darnold and the NYJ are going to win the AFC?

Its like don't even play a game because the Jets are gonna win it all and Darnold is a HoFer. Don't even play a game.

Yeah ok!

I love that everyone is looking past Denver.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information