Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Virtual Reality Games

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay
    Posts
    9,323

    Default Virtual Reality Games

    I played a 45 minute session for a virtual reality game today called SINGULARITY:

    https://www.velocityvr.com/vr-experience/

    It was just like 1st person shooter, except I wasn't having to constantly look down at my hands to figure out which of a dozen buttons to push in order to just turn & move in the direction that I wanted. That said, I still died 32 times while taking out 140+ rampaging robots & other automated defense systems. Although it says that its for 1-8 players, it isn't really designed for just 1 player. If I go again, I'll try to bring as close to the maximum of 8 as I can so I can do a lot better.
    Last edited by FanInAZ; 05-06-2019 at 10:41 PM.
    Iím an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Aspergerís, feel free to ask. Iím not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

    https://aacphoenix.com/

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay
    Posts
    9,323

    Default

    One of the things that I experienced was contradictory sensory input. There was 1 point in which I was required to climb a ramp in the game, but the reality was that I was walking on a flat surface. Even though I knew the surface was actually flat, I got what I can only describe as a wired feeling in my brain because my visual was contradicting my touch. It wasn’t stressful, just weird. I would be interested to find out how other Autistics/Aspies, as well as non-Autistics/Aspies, are affected by this contradictory sensory input because we are known to have various sensitivities in these areas.
    Iím an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Aspergerís, feel free to ask. Iím not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

    https://aacphoenix.com/

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Rock of Eternity
    Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock
    Posts
    13,232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    I played a 45 minute session for a virtual reality game today called SINGULARITY:

    https://www.velocityvr.com/vr-experience/

    It was just like 1st person shooter, except I wasn't having to constantly look down at my hands to figure out which of a dozen buttons to push in order to just turn & move in the direction that I wanted. That said, I still died 32 times while taking out 140+ rampaging robots & other automated defense systems. Although it says that its for 1-8 players, it isn't really designed for just 1 player. If I go again, I'll try to bring as close to the maximum of 8 as I can so I can do a lot better.
    I wonder if this is the same as Singularity for 360/PS3 from 2010
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay
    Posts
    9,323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    I wonder if this is the same as Singularity for 360/PS3 from 2010
    There's a game description & trailer in the link.
    Iím an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Aspergerís, feel free to ask. Iím not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

    https://aacphoenix.com/

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Rock of Eternity
    Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock
    Posts
    13,232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    I wonder if this is the same as Singularity for 360/PS3 from 2010
    There's a game description & trailer in the link.
    Not the same game but whatever. Very cool.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

  6. #6

    Default

    VR porn would be awesome.
    Life don't seem like it be that way but it do.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Virtual Reality Glasses/Headsets
    By OrangeHoof in forum What's on your Mind (Chit Chat)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-07-2015, 10:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
status.broncosforums.com - BroncosForums status updates
Partner with the USA Today Sports Media Group