Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Your 2019 Draft Class Denver Broncos

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Wht number will Lock wear no3 ?
    4, 6, and 15 are all available. Imagine seeing someone wearing 15 throw an accurate ball.

2. The Following 4 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    4, 6, and 15 are all available. Imagine seeing someone wearing 15 throw an accurate ball.
    I have to see to believe it.
    Last edited by TXBRONC; 04-30-2019 at 11:45 AM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Maybe he pay for 3
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    Elway hasn't said where he'll play. He's played mostly at LT and I heard he's played a little at center. I don't see Denver moving a natural right tackle over to left tackle and natural left tackle to right tackle.
    According to reports, Risner will start out at LG. Ron Leary is coming off injury and had a disappointing tenure so far in Denver. The T's are Bolles and James at RT. That would make McGovern the C and Wilkes the RG but those positions are not set. They could easily move Leary over to RG for instance. Leary isn't terribly mobile anymore which makes him a better fit for RG.

That lineup would change only if Munchak concludes that Bolles sucks too bad to start at LT and they have to make a move.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Maybe he pay for 3
    Wadman wears #3. He’s just a Punter. Lock should arm wrestle him for it...

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

7. The Following User High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

The bootleg Lock jersey is in sale but it's 3. I need to kno haha
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    According to reports, Risner will start out at LG. Ron Leary is coming off injury and had a disappointing tenure so far in Denver. The T's are Bolles and James at RT. That would make McGovern the C and Wilkes the RG but those positions are not set. They could easily move Leary over to RG for instance. Leary isn't terribly mobile anymore which makes him a better fit for RG.

That lineup would change only if Munchak concludes that Bolles sucks too bad to start at LT and they have to make a move.
    A gimpy Leary at left guard with risner at Center and McGovern It Right Guard for my money is much better than having McGovern at Center. I've also heard that Jones can play center. The nice thing about having Mike here is that it'll be a fresh set of eyes and nobody's locked in other than perhaps James.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    From what i have heard it will probably be tackle. A lot of the college footage ive seen is from him playing that position. I suppose he could play center but i havent really heard anything about him actually playing that position.
    nah, they're gonna start him inside. . . heard an interview with him yesterday-- he said he hasn't talked to munchak that much yet, but he thinks the plan is to start him at guard (most likely on the right side), and also get him some reps at center, with the possibility of trying him at tackle later down the road if they need him there. . . i would expect the line to initially look like bolles - leary - mcgovern - risner - james, with wilkinson backing up leary if he's not ready for OTAs. . .

in any case, i'm not worried about it-- coach nunchucks will sort 'em out. . . i'm super stoked that they got him a guy like risner to work with-- smart investment. . . real smart. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Rumor is Winfree is going to wear 15.
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    nah, they're gonna start him inside. . . heard an interview with him yesterday-- he said he hasn't talked to munchak that much yet, but he thinks the plan is to start him at guard (most likely on the right side), and also get him some reps at center, with the possibility of trying him at tackle later down the road if they need him there. . . i would expect the line to initially look like bolles - leary - mcgovern - risner - james, with wilkinson backing up leary if he's not ready for OTAs. . .

in any case, i'm not worried about it-- coach nunchucks will sort 'em out. . . i'm super stoked that they got him a guy like risner to work with-- smart investment. . . real smart. . .

Yep short of Leary looking horrible this pre-season pretty sure he is going to be LG he is solid if healthy but there is question marks there for sure, only way he gets cut though is if he is just that bad he was pretty much locked in this year because of his contract and the injury guarantee he had, I agree with Risner at RG and McGovern at center, and the tackles already are pretty much set.
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    A gimpy Leary at left guard with risner at Center and McGovern It Right Guard for my money is much better than having McGovern at Center. I've also heard that Jones can play center. The nice thing about having Mike here is that it'll be a fresh set of eyes and nobody's locked in other than perhaps James.
    There is ZERO chance they are going to start a raw rookie at C. The C has to know every offensive play inside and out, and know what shifts and assignments for the line to call. He has to be smart and think on his feet. And he must be a veteran capable of leading the OL.

Maybe Risner in his 3rd or 4th year might make the transition. As of now, the LAST, absolutely LAST place they would consider playing him is starting C.

Unless they are going to tank for Tua and want to lose 12 games to get a top 3 draft pick of course.

Originally Posted by dogfish View Post

in any case, i'm not worried about it-- coach nunchucks will sort 'em out. . . i'm super stoked that they got him a guy like risner to work with-- smart investment. . . real smart.
    Dogfish is right, except that they will start Risner on the LEFT side, not the right, since Leary is coming off injury and will not be available right away. So, they will get to see how Risner does on the left side.

Leary is old and slowed by injury, while Risner is young and fast and athletic. The left side is the natural place for him, but when Leary comes back fully healthy then they may move Risner over to the right side. We don't know, but the strongest starting combo would be left to right - Bolles, Risner, McGovern, Leary, James.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    There is ZERO chance they are going to start a raw rookie at C. The C has to know every offensive play inside and out, and know what shifts and assignments for the line to call. He has to be smart and think on his feet. And he must be a veteran capable of leading the OL.

Maybe Risner in his 3rd or 4th year might make the transition. As of now, the LAST, absolutely LAST place they would consider playing him is starting C.

Unless they are going to tank for Tua and want to lose 12 games to get a top 3 draft pick of course.
    If Denver loses 12 game it won't be because Denver played a rookie at center. Many teams have rookie centers who have done well.

17. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Weird how Risner was born to play the LEFT side when he’s played the right side for the majority of his career.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    If Denver loses 12 game it won't be because Denver played a rookie at center. Many teams have rookie centers who have done well.
    True, but usually they were drafted as centers and played a lot of center in college. For instance, the Broncos were reportedly interested in drafting Garrett Bradbury, who was taken at #18 by the Vikings. He won the Rimington Trophy for the best Center in college football last year.

If a team drafts a C in the first round, then yes, he's going to start.

You're probably right though that if the team loses 12 games it won't be because Connor McGovern sucked at C. That won't help of course, but it will more likely be because Joe Flacco played like Case Keesum.

21. The Following User High Fived Cugel For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information