Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Cardinals deal quarterback Rosen to Dolphins

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Cardinals deal quarterback Rosen to Dolphins

DAVIE, Fla. -- The Miami Dolphins made a big quarterback splash Friday night, acquiring Josh Rosen in a trade with the Arizona Cardinals for a second-round pick (No. 62 overall) in this year's draft as well as a fifth-round pick in 2020.

The Cardinals used their newly acquired 2019 pick to select UMass wide receiver Andy Isabella. The NFL initially said Arizona was giving Miami its 2020 pick rather than the other way around.

Arizona wanted a first-round pick for Rosen when negotiations began, but the Cardinals' leverage diminished after they drafted Kyler Murray and two other quarterback-needy teams selected passers in the first-round.
    rest - http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...rosen-dolphins

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Good luck Josh, hope you prove the doubters wrong.

4. The Following 4 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Wow a late late 2d. I'd say that's a steal but the fact that Arizona didn't want to stick with him is telling.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Wow a late late 2d. I'd say that's a steal but the fact that Arizona didn't want to stick with him is telling.
    I suppose its how you look at it. If its about Kingsbury's system than Josh doesnt fit it. If its about what he did in a small amount of games played and Kliff wasnt sold than you could argue he sucks but going by that little of time played is very flawed. But guys like Coach are convinced it has to do with system and not ability.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2019/st...ns-why-a-steal

But I don't think that data means much. For one, Rosen was thrown in the deep end as part of a Cardinals offense that was a disaster for reasons outside of his control. Arizona fired offensive coordinator Mike McCoy after seven games and replaced him with first-time offensive coordinator Byron Leftwich. The coaching staff as a whole was uninspiring enough for Steve Wilks & Co. to lose their jobs after just one season in the desert. Rosen's struggles didn't help their cases, but it's hard to argue that Rosen had great coaching.

More importantly, his offensive line was a disaster. Other rookie quarterbacks have started their careers behind porous offensive lines, of course, but not to this extreme. By the end of last season, the Cardinals had lost all five of their starting linemen to injuries. During the second half of 2018, the five linemen who
    took snaps most frequently protecting Rosen included a pair of rookies (third-rounder Mason Cole and seventh-rounder Korey Cunningham), a player signed off Minnesota's practice squad (Colby Gossett) and a pair of veterans who were cut by teams and almost immediately stepped off the street and into Arizona's starting lineup (Oday Aboushi and Joe Barksdale). It's one thing to have a relatively untalented line, but the Cardinals were starting guys who barely knew the playbook at times.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I suppose its how you look at it. If its about Kingsbury's system than Josh doesnt fit it. If its about what he did in a small amount of games played and Kliff wasnt sold than you could argue he sucks but going by that little of time played is very flawed. But guys like Coach are convinced it has to do with system and not ability.
    That's one way to explain it away...he doesn't get traded if he's (eg) Andrew Luck. Quality QBs don't grow on trees and they had a lot of film.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

That's one way to explain it away...he doesn't get traded if he's (eg) Andrew Luck. Quality QBs don't grow on trees and they had a lot of film.
    See above, i think Rosen was just a scapegoat for all the other problems going on there personally.

11. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Then again, if the coach has a clear vision and sees the perfect fit, then execute in accordance with that vision.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I thought Rosen was the best QB of his class. So far that's looking way off. Maybe the change of scenery will help.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I thought Rosen was the best QB of his class. So far that's looking way off. Maybe the change of scenery will help.
    I dont know if he was the best of the class but most pundits said he was the most NFL ready. But situations and injuries to the team you are on can affect that. Mayfield was probably the most impressive of the draft class last year.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I dont know if he was the best of the class but most pundits said he was the most NFL ready. But situations and injuries to the team you are on can affect that. Mayfield was probably the most impressive of the draft class last year.
    Yeah, Mayfield really surprised. Prior to the draft if pressed I'd have said Rosen would have the best NFL career.

I'm questioning my life and my choices, North. That's all.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Yeah, Mayfield really surprised. Prior to the draft if pressed I'd have said Rosen would have the best NFL career.

I'm questioning my life and my choices, North. That's all.
    No regrets.

18. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Absolute steal for the Dolphins.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

20. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Absolute steal for the Dolphins.
    I thought so too.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

I still think they suck for luck. They needed warm bodies at QB. He at least has potential. He'll get some starts and they can evaluate him. I think they will still go after a stud in 2020.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information