Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Noah Fant

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Perhaps Fangio feels he can make Jewell a Pro Bowler.
    Oh, im sure he feels that way just like Kingsbury thinks he will make Murray into Vick. But until it actually happens for either coach we have to deal with the here and now.

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    As much as i wanted Bush or White i can live with Fant. TE was a need i just didnt feel it was a bigger need than LB. But considering what is happening with Harris i have a feeling its going to be up to the offense to carry the load this year as the defense seems to be getting weaker by the minute. Nothing has really given me an indicator that the defense is going to be the backbone anymore at this point so i guess Denver better load up on Olineman, backs, and receivers.
    The offense doesn't have a prayer of "carrying the load" this season. Even if you assume that Joe Flacco is going to have a repeat of 2014 when he threw 27 TDs and only 12 picks and threw for nearly 4,000 yards, that is not REMOTELY as good as NFL MVP Pat Mahomes who threw for 50 TDs.

The Chiefs offense is so much better than anything the Broncos can hope to field under Flacco, that its' not even worth talking about. They have to slow down that high-powered offense and win with DEFENSE, because they sure as hell can't out-score the Chiefs. Or the Chargers or probably the Raiders either.

If they can hold the Chiefs to under 24 points, instead of the 35 points per game they averaged last season, then they have a chance because the Chiefs defense isn't great. But, that is going to take great defense.

Bush would have been perfect because he's great in coverage and they need to be able to cover Travis Kelce.

Then there's the Raiders who now have Derek Carr throwing to Antonio Brown. They better have Chris Harris to cover him or it's going to be ugly -- he had 1297 yards on 104 receptions and 12 TDs last year.

In fact the entire off-season plan was to strengthen the defense. They got Vic Fangio, long time defensive coordinator to install his successful Chicago defense. They went out and strengthened the secondary with Kareem Jackson.

And they had a chance to get a dominant defender in Bush, but screwed that up royally. Nothing against Fant who looks like a good addition. But, they ain't going to win anything in this division on offense.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Why even watch

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

LIVE: Noah Fant's introductory presser
    After trading from No. 10 to No. 20 in Thursday night’s NFL draft, the Broncos selected Iowa tight end Noah Fant.

NOW - https://www.denverbroncos.com/video/...uctory-presser

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Oh, im sure he feels that way just like Kingsbury thinks he will make Murray into Vick. But until it actually happens for either coach we have to deal with the here and now.
    Jewell isn't that athletic and isn't good in coverage as we saw last year. He's a solid run defender, and good tackler. But, that isn't going to help when they have to stop guys like Travis Kelce.

From the presser:

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 1m1 minute ago
    Noah Fant: "I got to meet @astronaut right when I got here. Great dude. Meant a lot to me that he came up to me."

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 25s25 seconds ago
    Noah Fant on George Kittle: "He just told me to enjoy it. He was very happy and it was nothing but words of encouragement."

Jeff Legwold‏Verified account @Jeff_Legwold 56s57 seconds ago
    Broncos’ first round pick Noah Fant has arrived and says he’s “looking to do great things here.”

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 30s31 seconds ago
    Noah Fant: "I would consider myself tight end through and through. I love blocking, I love catching touchdowns and whatever is asked of me."

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 1m1 minute ago
    Noah Fant said when he came on his top-30 visit, Josey Jewell and Casey Kreiter told him they loved it here.

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 1m1 minute ago
    #Broncos @nrfant said he considers himself a tight end. Says loves blocking... Wanted to be a Bronco. Packed an orange pocket square for his suit because of his wish. #Denver7

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 2m2 minutes ago
    Noah Fant said he chose Iowa over the many other schools that offered out of high school because of this right here: He wanted to be an NFL tight end and Iowa has a long history of producing pro TEs.

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 41s42 seconds ago
    Noah Fant: "My goal is to win games here. I want to win as many games as possible."

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 2m2 minutes ago
    Von Miller and Joe Flacco both texted Noah Fant, he said. Jake Butt, Troy Fumagalli and “all of the guys” in the TE room texted him as well to welcome him to Denver.

Kyle Fredrickson‏Verified account @kylefredrickson 1m1 minute ago
    On the fan base: "Football is very important here ... I'm definitely excited." On getting the call from John Elway: "I was very emotional. For me, it was like the stars were aligning. Going into the draft, the Broncos were one of my favorites."

8. The Following 7 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

So the fade into the corner of the endzone now needs to be called Noah's Arc.

10. The Following 13 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    There's nothing wrong with Fant. Those arguing that he "wasn't even the best TE on his college team" are wrong. The pick wasn't great though because they desperately need ILBs who can cover TEs over the middle and there were only 2 elite ones in the draft.

They were looking at Devin Bush at #10 and blinked. And that is gonna cost them. TEs you can find in later rounds. Travis Kelce was taken in they third round as were most of the best TEs in the league. Gronk himself was taken in the second round at #42.
    Gronk doesn't count. He was a top 10 talent and everyone knew it. The back injury dropped him.

12. The Following User High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    There's nothing wrong with Fant. Those arguing that he "wasn't even the best TE on his college team" are wrong. The pick wasn't great though because they desperately need ILBs who can cover TEs over the middle and there were only 2 elite ones in the draft.

They were looking at Devin Bush at #10 and blinked. And that is gonna cost them. TEs you can find in later rounds. Travis Kelce was taken in they third round as were most of the best TEs in the league. Gronk himself was taken in the second round at #42.
    The market has changed. Just because TE's wre available there in the past doesn't mean they are now. Even year to year that changes.

How big of a drop was it to the next TE on the board? If a long way then we're drafting another Butt and then what's the point?

No RBs or WRs were taken until late rd 1 yesterday, things are changing, get on board

14. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Fant gets Eddie Mac's #87.

He's going to look great catching TDs for us.

17. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

IF he can be nearly as productive as Kelce its worth it.

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

I was watching some highlights last night. One thing I noticed is he was often lined up against CBs and has the ability to run by them. It was pretty impressive to watch a TE do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

21. The Following 4 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    I was watching some highlights last night. One thing I noticed is he was often lined up against CBs and has the ability to run by them. It was pretty impressive to watch a TE do that.
    I think in some of those highlights he ran past Denzel Ward, fwiw
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

23. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Terrell Davis

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    I think in some of those highlights he ran past Denzel Ward, fwiw
    As a Buckeye fan and alumnus, yes. Yes, he did.

25. The Following User High Fived ForgettingBrandonMarshall For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information