Page 89 of 102 FirstFirst ... 39 79 87 88 89 90 91 99 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 1528

Thread: 2019 Broncos Draft Thread 04/25/19 - 04/27/19

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

So who is next? Do we get back into the 4th? What positions do we covet? WR/KR? CB? MLB? More oline?

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Lock at 10 wasn't worth it. Lock as our 3rd pick in the draft? That's just stealing. He's basically Cutler with a actual give a shit factor. The dude was 4 year starter, 3 time captain, and played SEC competition every year, on an overmatched team. I'm not sure how more NFL prepared you can get in college. AND we aren't expecting him to start yet, at all. There is time to refine skills. I'm certainly not trying to crown the guy, but this couldn't have worked out much better for the Broncos.
    Please don't compare him to Cutler.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Only right arms.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Troy Renck
    ‏Verified account @TroyRenck
    8h8 hours ago

So #Broncos selected TE @nrfant in first round. I went straight to the greatest TE in team history, Hall of Famer @ShannonSharpe, and asked him what he thought. “I love this pick,” Sharpe told #Denver7. Good enough for Shannon, good enough for me

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    now all we need is to draft his favorite WR Emanuel hall today.

https://www.sbnation.com/2019/4/24/1...ouri-nfl-draft

Damn! That ball was in the air 70 yards, right on target.

7. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

I love the Fant pick, love the Lock pick, love the Risner pick - know nothing about the other dude though, not saw much chatter on here about him either, what's his story (another Colorado native i believe)

I think we will trade back into the 4th and pick a CB, WR in the 5th

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Last year if the starter went tits up we were sunk. This year, if Flacco doesn't work out, then we at least can get Lock some experience. It's not a wash. It's no longer kicking the QB can down the road. It's no longer not having long term direction. And it's not at a cost where we couldn't go ham and drop fat picks to get an elite QB next year via trade up.

The bases are covered.

I'm taking off my god damned pants boys!!
    This is what scares me the most about drafting a QB...especially a higher profile QB. In true Broncos fan fashion, the second Flacco has one bad game, fans are going to be screaming from the mountains to start Lock. Message boards will be flooded, billboards will be purchased, it will be a ridiculous frenzy. Happens with every QB situation we have with players not named Elway or Manning. Its ignorant and unwarranted and please...for the love of all that is holy...can we just give the kid a chance to refine his skills for a bit before we force him into being another bad draft pick.

10. The Following 7 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I love the Fant pick, love the Lock pick, love the Risner pick - know nothing about the other dude though, not saw much chatter on here about him either, what's his story (another Colorado native i believe)

I think we will trade back into the 4th and pick a CB, WR in the 5th
    Dre'Mont is a good pick. Interior pass rush skills and maybe more importantly, we need depth on the DL since Wolfe, Gotsis and Harris are all free agents after this season.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Cutler is the 3rd best QB Denver has ever had, so that would be a win. Unless you prefer to compare him to our last 5 shitty QBs

14. The Following User High Fived atwater27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by atwater27 View Post
    Cutler is the 3rd best QB Denver has ever had, so that would be a win. Unless you prefer to compare him to our last 5 shitty QBs
    Cutler's not even top 5.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    Cutler's not even top 5.
    Yeah, Craig Morton and Jake Plummer were real aces. By the way the top 2 QBs in QB rating in Broncos history are Manning and .... wait for it.... Cutler.
    Last edited by atwater27; 04-27-2019 at 10:09 AM.

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived atwater27 For This Post:

FWIW, (and that's not often much as far as knee jerk, next day reactions go) Mike Tanier at Bleacher Report is giving grades out on every pick. He's generally very down on Elway and the Broncos, but he likes what we've done so far. Here's the day two stuff:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...for-every-pick

Dalton Risner, Offensive Line, Kansas State

Strengths: Power, tenacity, intangibles

Weaknesses: Quickness

Risner patterns his game after former Patriots left tackle Nate Solder, who is now retired and owns a chain of car washes or something. (Oops! Solder plays for the Giants. It’s easy to forget that they are still a team.)

If Risner possessed Solder’s size and quickness when backpedaling, he would have been a top-10 pick. But, at 6’5” and 312 pounds, the Kansas State tackle is just a little bit shorter and more lumbering than Solder (6’8”, 320 lbs), who grew up in a tiny Colorado town near Risner’s hometown and mentored him during the draft process.

What he does have going for him is a rugged, tenacious blocking style, a nasty finish and leadership characteristics that made him a team captain in just his sophomore year.

The Broncos are likely to move Risner to right guard, where his quickness will be less of an issue. This is a safe, solid pick.

Darn it, John Elway hasn’t doing anything imperious, loopy and fun so far.

Grade: B

Drew Lock, Quarterback, Missouri

Deadly accurate quarterback comparison: Kirk Cousins’ mind in Jay Cutler’s body

That comparison sounds pretty darn good, doesn’t it? Take Cutler’s talent but replace his preternaturally punchable personality with Cousins’ work ethic and goofy Sunday school teacher likeability, and the Broncos could be getting a quarterback who combines extreme ability with solid intangibles. That’s a Pro Bowler right there.

Conversely, the Cutler-Cousins Frankenstein could become a guy who never quite hammers down the fundamentals, keeps making terrible decisions at critical times, then hits his coaches with the “Aw shucks, I’m doin’ my best” charm that mind-tricks the team into paying him $84 million.

Lock is capable of video-game-caliber highlight throws. He runs pretty well. He seems like a swell dude. If you believe in the power of NFL quarterback coaching, then you believe the Broncos can correct the funky fundamentals and turn him into Patrick Mahomes in a year.

I’m not a big believer in the Broncos’ ability to develop a flawed quarterback (see: Lynch, Paxton). But you know what? John Elway traded back, got several players he wanted and then selected a first-round value in the second round. And he got a quarterback of the future for Joe Flacco, whose future should really be measured in yesterdays.

Let’s see if my finger will actually type an “A” for a Broncos draft grade. Yep, there it is, between the Q and the Z. Come on, index finger. You can do it.

Grade: A

Dre'Mont Jones, Defensive Tackle, Ohio State

Strengths: Initial burst, hand technique

Weaknesses: Anchor vs. the run

Jones may be the best pure interior pass-rusher in this draft class. He has an explosive (though inconsistent) initial burst, a nasty rip move, an adequate spin move and great all-around athleticism when chasing scramblers or leaping to swat down passes.

On the down side, Jones is a little high-cut and can be turned sideways and wrenched out of the action on running downs. But hey, no one runs the ball in the NFL anymore, so who cares?

Seriously, Jones' disruptive capability will get him into the lineup quickly. And he’s going to be scary rushing the passer surrounded by Von Miller, Bradley Chubb and Derek Wolfe.

This is turning into a really solid draft for John Elway and the Broncos.

Never thought I would type a sentence like that.

Grade: A

20. The Following 9 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Broncos select Ohio State DL Dre'Mont Jones in third round

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — With the 71st pick in the 2019 NFL Draft, the Broncos selected defensive lineman Dre'Mont Jones.

Jones, a first-team All-Big Ten selection, recorded 114 tackles and 22 tackles for loss at Ohio State over the last three seasons.

He also tallied 9.5 sacks, a pick-six and three fumble recoveries during his career.

As a senior, he finished with 43 tackles, 13 TFL and 8.5 sacks as the Buckeyes won a Big Ten Championship and the Rose Bowl.

Only Quinnen Williams, the third-overall pick in the draft, recorded more pressures last season from the defensive tackle position, according to Pro Football Focus.
    rest - https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/b...dre-mont-jones

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

22. The Following 3 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Mike Klis
    ‏Verified account @MikeKlis
    4m4 minutes ago

Elway on Flacco-Lock: "We look at it as a Brett Favre-Aaron Rodgers situation." In other words, Flacco will be starter for a while. #9sports
    So.... Lock will be starting by week 8... got it!

24. The Following User High Fived Tangerine For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brian Griese

Would like to see Lock sit on the bench for 2 years. I think Flacco has a lot to offer to this team. I'm a little confused though, I thought we needed a 3 down LB since B-Marsh is now gone. Who is going to fill that void? Can't imagine you're going to find a starter in the 5th round

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information