Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Haskins at 15?? (The Redskins Trade Down Mock)

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Default Haskins at 15?? (The Redskins Trade Down Mock)

With the draft starting tomorrow, I decided to use the FanSpeak mock (aggregate On The Clock big board) but, at #10, something odd happened. NONE of the QBs were taken. I expected to take Lock but the top QBs and CBs were all available so I decided to work a trade down. I dealt #10 to Washington for #15 and lower third-rounder. When I reached 15, Lock was taken by Miami but Dwayne Haskins and Kyler Murray were still available. I took Haskins as the more Bronco-like QB and the Giants took Murray at #17. I'm not a huge Haskins fan but I like getting him at a discount. He needs to be someplace where he won't start right away.

So I get to the second round and the Redskins are knocking at the door again, offering to trade up five spots for our second and sending us their other third-rounder. With no must-gets on the board, I traded down with Washington a second time. I still wound up with a blocker I wanted (C Eric McCoy) and now have three thirds to use.

Here then are the results:

15: R1P15
    QB DWAYNE HASKINS

OHIO STATE

46: R2P14
    C ERIK MCCOY
    TEXAS A&M

71: R3P7
    CB AMANI ORUWARIYE
    PENN STATE

76: R3P12
    WR TERRY MCLAURIN
    OHIO STATE

96: R3P32
    LB VOSEAN JOSEPH
    FLORIDA

125: R4P23
    TE KADEN SMITH
    STANFORD

148: R5P10
    RB BRYCE LOVE
    STANFORD

156: R5P18
    DL TERRY BECKNER
    MISSOURI

182: R6P9
    S EVAN WORTHINGTON
    COLORADO

237: R7P23
    WR ALEX WESLEY
    NORTHERN COLORADO

I like to pair a rookie "franchise" QB with a receiver from their college as a familiarity factor so McLaurin has additional value to pair with Haskins.

Joseph isn't a White or Bush but he'll be fine in the middle.

Bryce Love was a first-round talent based on his 2017 performance but he was dinged up and then blew out his knee in the final game of his 2018 season. I would IR him the first year and let him rehab the knee fully then brick him into camp in 2020. If he's fully recovered, he could be a steal.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Trades
    trade partner:
    Washington redskins
    sent:
    • round: 1 pick: 10

received:
    • round: 1 pick: 15

• round: 3 pick: 32

trade partner:
    Washington redskins
    sent:
    • round: 2 pick: 9

received:
    • round: 2 pick: 14

• round: 3 pick: 12
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Let me guess, the Redskins picked Bush? When i traded with them in my last mock that is who they took. Kind of pissed me off after i thought about it but if im trading back im not taking Haskins of any the QB's in this draft. But i suppose in your case it depends who was there and where the value was.

Haskins at 15 means we probably had the best draft. Sign me up for that.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Word is the Redskins are really interesting in Haskins. If they want to trade up to take him im all in. I still want Bush but if had to be a QB give me Lock at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Word is the Redskins are really interesting in Haskins. If they want to trade up to take him im all in. I still want Bush but if had to be a QB give me Lock at that point.
    I think we're taking Hockensen.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    I think we're taking Hockensen.
    I'm on board...if he's still available.

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    I'm on board...if he's still available.
    If only Butt panned out.

Adopted Bronco:

If only Butt panned out.
    Taking a kid with two ACL tears was a coin toss to begin with...after a third, he can't offer much reliability. Even if he never tears them again, his knees are done.

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Taking a kid with two ACL tears was a coin toss to begin with...after a third, he can't offer much reliability. Even if he never tears them again, his knees are done.
    There's just something so 'wrong' with taking a TE with a top ten pick. Like it's not 'wrong' but good lord it'd feel weird.

Adopted Bronco:

There's just something so 'wrong' with taking a TE with a top ten pick. Like it's not 'wrong' but good lord it'd feel weird.
    Doesn't happen often. But when you find one that can catch AND block nowadays, it might be worth it. He'd be a 4 down player for sure. And my favorite Hockenson stat...in 2 years at Iowa, he only has ONE dropped pass on all opportunities that are considered to be catchable balls. That's 73 out of a possible 74 catches.

Opening holes for Freeman...sealing the edge for Lindsay...reliable safety net for Flacco. We need that.

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Doesn't happen often. But when you find one that can catch AND block nowadays, it might be worth it. He'd be a 4 down player for sure. And my favorite Hockenson stat...in 2 years at Iowa, he only has ONE dropped pass on all opportunities that are considered to be catchable balls. That's 73 out of a possible 74 catches.

Opening holes for Freeman...sealing the edge for Lindsay...reliable safety net for Flacco. We need that.
    He's of the production to justify it. But we should be able to find decent TE play in other rounds. Then again, last year was littered with TE's and we didn't really capitalize on that. So maybe this is the year that JE changes his tune about the position.

Adopted Bronco:

He's of the production to justify it. But we should be able to find decent TE play in other rounds. Then again, last year was littered with TE's and we didn't really capitalize on that. So maybe this is the year that JE changes his tune about the position.
    No argument there...and in reality, I have Hockenson going to Green Bay in my "mental mock". But when I weigh out the biggest needs for Denver and compare it to the talent potentially available at #10...I think Hockenson is the best value fit.

16. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

No argument there...and in reality, I have Hockenson going to Green Bay in my "mental mock". But when I weigh out the biggest needs for Denver and compare it to the talent potentially available at #10...I think Hockenson is the best value fit.
    I couldn't blame JE. I've read analysis stating that if Hockensen played in a more aggressive offense his numbers would have been nuts. His talent is there. It would be a nice change of pace. It just feels weird to see a TE be worth that pick.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Apparently Daniel Snyder is friends with the Haskins family. Wonder if they'll get trade raped again

19. The Following User High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information