Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Draft Predictions

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    I’m pretty confident that Murray is the first QB off the board. But the second one could be Haskins, Lock or even Jones. In other words, Haskins isn’t worth selling the farm for, which is what it would take to get to two. I like him okay but not that much
    If Murray goes #1 - then Bosa is almost sure to go #2 to SF. But if Bosa goes #1, then I think SF might be more willing to trade the pick - and at that point I could see Denver moving up to take whichever QB they value more highly.

2. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    As I said in the post after the one you quoted I see White and Bush as the two safest picks and it is need. We could debate just big of need it is but it is need nonetheless. Are any of DT worth the number 10 pick but not only that but of them seem to be a good fit for NT in our defense? Peko isn't last that much longer and don't know of anyone on the team right now that could step in anchor the middle. That said, I know we could use a top flight tight end so I wouldn't complain if got one like Hockenson.

I never get so wrapped in any particular draft pick that if Denver doesn't draft him I'm going to be over critical.
    When I think of the anchor is a traditional 3-4 or even an interior guy in a Fangio version, I don't know if "that guy" is worthy of a top 10 pick any time. Now a guy like Oliver or Williams would certainly be a welcome addition as a 3-tech or an interior guy in other packages, but I highly doubt Williams will be there and Oliver excites me and scares me at the same time. Just seems like a guy that has to be in the perfect situation to utilize his talents and I really don't know if Denver is the perfect situation for him.

But I agree. While Hock would be my first choice, there are others I would be happy with.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    If Murray goes #1 - then Bosa is almost sure to go #2 to SF. But if Bosa goes #1, then I think SF might be more willing to trade the pick - and at that point I could see Denver moving up to take whichever QB they value more highly.
    I just don't see the cost being worth ANY of the QB's in this draft...and a QB is the only position you give up that much draft capital for.

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Most recent reports, if true...

Haskins at 3 to Redskins
    Jones at 6 to Giants

Defenders may be dropping. We may also be able to demand a kings random if someone wants Lock.

7. The Following User High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Poor Haskins.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Tommy Nalen

Not sure if this is the right thread, but I'm honestly hoping we manage to get Lock without trading up for him. I totally get the need to get players that can help us win now, but I need some goddamn QB excitement, man. You guys remember how exciting young Cutler was in the WCO? I seriously need that in my life again, I think.

SHORYUKEN!

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Zweems56 For This Post:

No, seriously...poor Haskins.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    I agree with you Turf, but White could go as high as 4 or 5. Bush fits all of Elway's criteria. High character, productive, team leader, captain, loves football.

While we haven't had a true stud ILBer since Al Wilson, we also haven't had an all around stud TE since Shannon Sharpe. Hockenson would be well worth the 10th pick as well. He would help improve both the run and passing game, stay on the field for 4 downs, and more than likely be featured in the new offense. Plus, we know that Flacco has no issues looking for the TE in the passing game.
    I think both Bush and White have the potential to be great players. The thing that scares me is, odds are, one will be great and one won’t. He real question is, which one. It’s like Hockenson vs Fant. One is likely to be a pro bowl player, the other won’t.

It just seems like that’s how it goes these days. I just hope if we go that way we make the right choice. I still think we need to take one of the top QBs if we can. It’s much easier to be competitive long term with a wood QB than holding together a superstar loaded defense as we’ve all seen.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

I'm pretty convinced we go qb next year.

I'm still thinking hoch and Bush w a trade back.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

I predict the draft starts tonight!

16. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    Most recent reports, if true...

Haskins at 3 to Redskins
    Jones at 6 to Giants

Defenders may be dropping. We may also be able to demand a kings random if someone wants Lock.
    I could go for that. I wonder if anything that Denver would get would be aimed toward's next year's draft?

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Note to self. The draft isn’t like a game. It’s really ******* boring.

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    I predict the draft starts tonight!
    thank you, mel kiper. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

21. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    Note to self. The draft isn’t like a game. It’s really ******* boring.
    Game 6 in San Antonio tonight. Get hype?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

23. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    I'm pretty convinced we go qb next year.

I'm still thinking hoch and Bush w a trade back.
    Stellar.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information