Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Draft Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    I think it's White, Bush or Hock. If all three are gone, a trade down to pick up more draft capitol. If I had to bet on one player right now, it would be Bush at 10.
    This. We’re not drafting a QB in the first, which is fine by me. I think Bush is the pick but I’d like to trade down a little first and still get him. Though I’d rather trade out of the first entirely, get another first next year and finally address our QB problem in a better class.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Draft week - what do you think the Broncos will do?

I am predicting that Elway trades up to #2 with John Lynch to draft either Kyler Murray or Dwayne Haskins.
    I’m pretty confident that Murray is the first QB off the board. But the second one could be Haskins, Lock or even Jones. In other words, Haskins isn’t worth selling the farm for, which is what it would take to get to two. I like him okay but not that much

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Ed Oliver

I don't want a QB this year. We haven't had a stud ILB for a long time. I want White if he is there at Ten. Need to keep the "D" stellar right now.
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

5. The Following User High Fived turftoad For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by turftoad View Post
    I don't want a QB this year. We haven't had a stud ILB for a long time. I want White if he is there at Ten. Need to keep the "D" stellar right now.
    I agree with you Turf, but White could go as high as 4 or 5. Bush fits all of Elway's criteria. High character, productive, team leader, captain, loves football.

While we haven't had a true stud ILBer since Al Wilson, we also haven't had an all around stud TE since Shannon Sharpe. Hockenson would be well worth the 10th pick as well. He would help improve both the run and passing game, stay on the field for 4 downs, and more than likely be featured in the new offense. Plus, we know that Flacco has no issues looking for the TE in the passing game.

7. The Following 3 Users High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    I agree with you Turf, but White could go as high as 4 or 5. Bush fits all of Elway's criteria. High character, productive, team leader, captain, loves football.

While we haven't had a true stud ILBer since Al Wilson, we also haven't had an all around stud TE since Shannon Sharpe. Hockenson would be well worth the 10th pick as well. He would help improve both the run and passing game, stay on the field for 4 downs, and more than likely be featured in the new offense. Plus, we know that Flacco has no issues looking for the TE in the passing game.
    Hockenson has my vote.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I see Denver staying at ten and draft White or Bush, with an outside chance of Lock or Haskins if they should fall that far.
    Last edited by TXBRONC; 04-24-2019 at 10:05 AM.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Hockenson has my vote.
    I'm so torn on this.... I want the best player and best fit available at 10. Either Bush, White, Hockenson, or QB in that order I think.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by turftoad View Post
    I see Denver drafting a quarterback but I think it's doubtful that it will be in the first round. I say that because of two things. First, I don't see Lock or Haskins falling all the way to ten. Second, even if one of them should fall that far, White, and Bush are much safer bets.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    I see Denver staying at ten and draft White or Bush, with an outside chance of Lock or Haskins if they should fall that far.
    I think if Elway can get back into the 1st with a second day 1 pick, then that is where the QB comes, but I have a sneaking suspicion that him and the team don't have top 10 grades or interest in any of the QB's. I think Bush and White are certainly options, but I don't know that ILB is a HUGE need and could be filled adequately later on in the draft. But for me at least...I think TE has been a boil on the ass of this offense for quite a while and the team...and new QB...is in desperate need of a reliable guy that can not only get open and catch everything thrown his way, but can also be an extra offensive lineman to support the run game.

I think the defense is solid as it stands and will be better with the coaching we've brought in and the FA's we've added. We need to put a little more focus on the offense in order to balance out if we want to improve and be a contender. Give me Hockenson in the first, McCoy in the second, Isabella in the 3rd and go defense from there.

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

I just really hope this stuff with CHJ doesn’t make Elway feel like he has to take a CB in the 1st round. The big 3 CBs are all good players, but I’d rather use #10 on just about any position but DB. So QB, ILB, TE, etc.

With us looking like we’ll plays little more zone under Fangio, drafting a top man corner just seems kinda like a waste.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

16. The Following User High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

I think we're trading back. Can't get more specific than that because I'm not that smart. If we stay at ten I think we're taking the TE, Hockenson. Flacco loves TE's and Elway might be tired of half-assing that position.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    I think if Elway can get back into the 1st with a second day 1 pick, then that is where the QB comes, but I have a sneaking suspicion that him and the team don't have top 10 grades or interest in any of the QB's. I think Bush and White are certainly options, but I don't know that ILB is a HUGE need and could be filled adequately later on in the draft. But for me at least...I think TE has been a boil on the ass of this offense for quite a while and the team...and new QB...is in desperate need of a reliable guy that can not only get open and catch everything thrown his way, but can also be an extra offensive lineman to support the run game.

I think the defense is solid as it stands and will be better with the coaching we've brought in and the FA's we've added. We need to put a little more focus on the offense in order to balance out if we want to improve and be a contender. Give me Hockenson in the first, McCoy in the second, Isabella in the 3rd and go defense from there.
    As I said in the post after the one you quoted I see White and Bush as the two safest picks and it is need. We could debate just big of need it is but it is need nonetheless. Are any of DT worth the number 10 pick but not only that but of them seem to be a good fit for NT in our defense? Peko isn't last that much longer and don't know of anyone on the team right now that could step in anchor the middle. That said, I know we could use a top flight tight end so I wouldn't complain if got one like Hockenson.

I never get so wrapped in any particular draft pick that if Denver doesn't draft him I'm going to be over critical.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I don’t think they will draft a quarterback tomorrow night.
    Bump.

Eff you, Buff!
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Bump.

Eff you, Buff!
    Probably the most accurate prediction in the thread.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information