Thread: Magic Johnson steps down as LA Lakers president of basketball operations

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Magic Johnson steps down as LA Lakers president of basketball operations

Basketball Hall of Famer Magic Johnson announced Tuesday that he was resigning as Lakers president of basketball operations following a disappointing season for the storied franchise.

"I want to go back to having fun," Johnson told reporters before fighting off tears. "I want to go back to being who I was before taking on this job. We're halfway there with LeBron coming (last summer). I think this summer, with that other star coming in, whoever is going to bring him in, I think this team is really going to be in position to contend for a championship with the growth of the young players."

Johnson, 59, announced he was stepping down at an impromptu news conference about 90 minutes prior to the Lakers' regular-season finale against the Portland Trail Blazers.
    rest - https://www.foxnews.com/sports/magic...-of-basketball

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

I bet another star doesn’t come in. And that’s why Magic is HIVing out.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

The obvious subtext is power clash and he can't handle sharing control with LeBron. Idk what that means.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    The obvious subtext is power clash and he can't handle sharing control with LeBron. Idk what that means.
    And he wasn’t willing to put the hours in.

Im glad Elway isn’t a celebrity executive. It seems he puts hours in.

5. The Following User High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    And he wasn’t willing to put the hours in.

Im glad Elway isn’t a celebrity executive. It seems he puts hours in.
    Ah.

Yeah, Elway seems like a worker.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I saw on the news that Magic and Luke Walton hadnt been talking so that may have something to do with it.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Magic brought in LeBRAWWWWWWWWWN. What more did he need to do? He brought in the GOAT, greater than Jordan, greater than Kobe, greater than Shaq, the guy who can win championships all by himself, yada yada yada. Not Magic's fault that LeBRAWWWWWWWWWN is a pathetic joke. Couldn't be happier about it, though.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

If all of this speculation is true, then it reminds me of Parcells being driven into retirement by Jerry Jones forcing TO on him. When measuring the greatness of any player in any sport, garbage like this needs to be factored in. The truly greatest players of all time don't drive away others star players in order to be the center of attention, nor their coaches because they want to everything to be arranged in away way that will magnify their greatness.

Again, I don't watch the NBA anymore, so I don't know if LeBron is this kind of player. However, the comments that a number of you who do watch have made, as well as him teaming up with ESPN to make his announcement about who is new team would be the 1st he left the Cavs a national event (that was him, wasn't it), leads me to believe that this may be the case.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

gotta love teams like the nuggets, bucks, blazers and raptors locking up top seeds, while the "mighty" lakers sit home. . .

the celtics don't look that great, either. . . now we just need durant to leave golden state this off-season, and the NBA can be big fun going forward. . . i hope he goes to the knicks-- and anthony davis gets traded to china. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information