Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Favorite baseball memory

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Going to Padres and Angel's games with my Dad. We lived in SoCal for the majority of my childhood and would go to home games for both. At one point we lived on the hills behind Jack Murphy (Qualcomm) and I would ride my bike down to the stadium to games.
    The wife and I went to an Angel's game when we were in SoCal last summer. It was awesome. The stadium was nice, not as nice as Coors field but few are. The people were ultra cool. The Angel's are my AL team because I have a borderline creepy man crush on Mike Trout.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    When McGwire and Sosa got outed for using roids.
    When Manny Ramirez was busted for taking drugs meant to help women with ovulation.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Maybe we could try to keep this as a positive baseball thread, *********.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Pretending I’m Topscribe:

When the white Sox threw the ‘18 World Series.

6. The Following 5 Users High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    I'm a fair-weather fan at best, and have never really followed baseball much at all, but I do have a couple cool memories:

Growing up, one of my best buddies was the bat-boy for the Denver Bears. I'd go to the games occasionally and often times I was allowed down on the field with the players to "help out". That was pretty cool, because on those occasions, I didn't have to pay to get in! The stadium was Bears Stadium, then renamed Mile High Stadium in the late 60's.

The other one is coaching my son and a bunch of his friends from Kindergarten through 5th or 6th grade. Watching those kids grow and improve their skills was really fun, and my biggest highlight was when my son and his best friend turned a double play. It was even more gratifying because neither of them are overly athletic. His friend caught a line drive toward 2nd base, and then threw it to my son who was manning 1st for the 2nd out. I was so excited, I nearly cried!
    We used to go watch the Bears in the late '70s early '80s when they were affiliated with the Montreal Expos. My two favorite players from those Bear teams were Tim Raines and Tim Wallach, so I kind of became an Expo fan once they both made it to the big leagues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

8. The Following 3 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    The wife and I went to an Angel's game when we were in SoCal last summer. It was awesome. The stadium was nice, not as nice as Coors field but few are. The people were ultra cool. The Angel's are my AL team because I have a borderline creepy man crush on Mike Trout.
    I met Chili Davis after a game and got his autograph on a hat and a ball. He asked my name, I told him my full name, he said he thought I looked familiar and we were cousins.

I got his autograph and met him two more times at other games, never did bang him.

10. The Following 5 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

1968 World Series, game seven. Mickey Lolich v. the incredible Bob Gibson. Gibson pitched like a mean SOB, and his '68 season is probably the greatest season any pitcher has ever had. Seriously, 22-9, 13 shutouts, ERA of 1.12. That is not a misprint. He shut out my Tigers in game 1, and struck out 17. He literally made me cry (I was ten). He beat my guys again in game 4, 10-1 and striking out 10. In game seven he was up against Mickey Lolich, who was working on two days rest. Top of the 7th, two outs, Gibson had given up 1 hit...and then, Norm Cash and Willie Horton got on, and Jim Northrup came to the plate, and lofts a triple over the head of Curt Flood. Tigers win!

It was only the second baseball season I had followed, the first being the incredible '67 race. I was a Tigers fan because I thought Tigers were cool animals. This series locked them in for me

Last edited by Dreadnought; 04-04-2019 at 07:08 PM.
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

12. The Following 4 Users High Fived Dreadnought For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought View Post
    1968 World Series, game seven. Mickey Lolich v. the incredible Bob Gibson. Goibsom pitched like a mean SOB, and his '68 season is probably the greatest season any pitcher has ever had. Seriously, 22-9, 13 shutouts, ERA of 1.12. That is not a misprint. He shut out my Tigers in game 1, and struck out17. He literally made me cry (I was ten). He beat my guys again in game 4, 10-1 and striking out 10. In game seven he was up against Mickey Lolich, who was working on two days rest. Top of the 7th, two outs, Gibson had given up 1 hit...and then, Norm Cash and Willie Horton got on, and Jim Northrup came to the plate, and lofts a triple over the head of Curt Flood. Tigers win!

It was only the second baseball season I had followed, the first being the incredible '67 race. I was a Tigers fan because I thought Tigers were cool animals. This series locked them in for me

Bob Gibson is a mean SOB, lol. Still getting into fights in Omaha, where he was born and lives.

The police incident was a while ago, but his temper is apparently legendary in Omaha.
    https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-...e20-story.html
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

14. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Bob Gibson is a mean SOB, lol. Still getting into fights in Omaha, where he was born and lives.

The police incident was a while ago, but his temper is apparently legendary in Omaha.
    https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-...e20-story.html
    Almost nobody has ever looked meaner on the pitching mound than Gibson. Bit of a headhunter, too. He was perfect as a bad guy for a little boy
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived Dreadnought For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

For Love of the Game wasn’t bad.

When he almost cuts his hand off. Or when his bae catches him with personal trainer poon.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    Pretending I’m Topscribe:

When the white Sox threw the ‘18 World Series.
    RIP. Good dude.

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Watching the Yankees/Diamondbacks WS on the tele with my dad.

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    Watching the Yankees/Diamondbacks WS on the tele with my dad.
    Check out Buster Olney’s “The Last Night of the Yankees Dynasty.” Incredible book.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

23. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information