Page 72 of 74 FirstFirst ... 22 62 70 71 72 73 74 LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1099

Thread: Chris Harris: Pay me or trade me

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    I honestly don’t see how anyone but CHJ could be excited about this.

Elway is an idiot.

You’re missing the big picture.

A.) We are in win now mode

If this season is a failure then

B.) The Broncos can easily move on from Flacco, Harris and other big contracts next year and go full rebuild with the youngsters.

We will have a ton of cap next year. Harris Jr will seek to be the NFLs highest CB, not sure Elway will go for that.

Anyhow, we had the extra 4 mill to spare. It’s not your money so why worry about it? Harris is here this year and happy. That’s really all that matters at the moment, win now.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Vic Lombardi
    ‏Verified account @VicLombardi
    18h18 hours ago

Most overlooked aspect to this new Chris Harris deal?

Sources tell me it’s strictly a one-year agreement.

Language in place that will NOT allow the Broncos to franchise tag him in 2020.

Elway is an idiot.
    ...and if Elway let him go, hed be an idiot then too right?
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

3. The Following 3 Users High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post

Elway is an idiot.

B.) The Broncos can easily move on from Flacco, Harris and other big contracts next year and go full rebuild with the youngsters.

We will have a ton of cap next year. Harris Jr will seek to be the NFLs highest CB, not sure Elway will go for that.

Anyhow, we had the extra 4 mill to spare. It’s not your money so why worry about it? Harris is here this year and happy. That’s really all that matters at the moment, win now.
    As usual I agree with you. This team is loaded this season on paper at least. Boom or bust it'll be Lock next year if Flacco bombs this year.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

This move is a good one, despite Jaded's moaning to the contrary. It keeps Harris here this year with the option to come back next year if we can work out a deal with him.

In the meantime, it shows that Elway is willing to take care of his players and helps to repair his image as a GM. We didn't have to give Harris anything, we could have taken the hardline stance other teams have and say "play, or sit" and not negotiated. By giving him extra money, we show other players that we're willing to take care of our stars.

I don't like the no tag clause because I was hoping worst case scenario we'd just tag Harris for a few years, but like Harris said. He's got 16 games to prove he deserves to retire a Bronco, it'll be up to his side and Elway's side to figure out how to make that happen next off season.

6. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post

They're doing both, trying win now and be set up for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    They're doing both, trying win now and be set up for the future.
    Right, if we go big and win this year, we can bring Chris, Flacco, ect... back and try and win some more, or we can start a youth movement, draft or sign another corner in 2020 and hit rebuilding. All options are on the table with this.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Right, if we go big and win this year, we can bring Chris, Flacco, ect... back and try and win some more, or we can start a youth movement, draft or sign another corner in 2020 and hit rebuilding. All options are on the table with this.
    Even if they are gone after a successful season doesn't mean they wouldn't competitive. If Lock has grasped the offense by next Elway might move on Flacco.

10. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    As usual I agree with you. This team is loaded this season on paper at least. Boom or bust it'll be Lock next year if Flacco bombs this year.
    I don't think Denver is loaded at all. They're MAYBE above average collectively. I'm not sure how Denver's roster really translates to a "win now" team when you compare it with an actual "win now" team loaded with guys like Wes Welker, Demarcus Ware, Peyton, DT, Decker, Julius Thomas, Von, Talib, Ward, Harris, etc. THAT was team that was actually built to WIN NOW. This team? No.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Vegas has the O/U at 7.5 wins.

Quote Originally Posted by SR View Post
    I don't think Denver is loaded at all. They're MAYBE above average collectively. I'm not sure how Denver's roster really translates to a "win now" team when you compare it with an actual "win now" team loaded with guys like Wes Welker, Demarcus Ware, Peyton, DT, Decker, Julius Thomas, Von, Talib, Ward, Harris, etc. THAT was team that was actually built to WIN NOW. This team? No.
    Agreed. Our secondary is NOT loaded. Thus the signing of Harris is huge. We don't even have a true #2 corner to rely on at this point. Safety is not a sure thing also. We had better be able to put a pass rush on or the secondary will be exposed.

OL is still iffy and a young proven WR corps with Sanders coming off of injury is not a sure thing either. And... we are not sure about QB either.
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by turftoad View Post
    Agreed. Our secondary is NOT loaded. Thus the signing of Harris is huge. We don't even have a true #2 corner to rely on at this point. Safety is not a sure thing also. We had better be able to put a pass rush on or the secondary will be exposed.

OL is still iffy and a young proven WR corps with Sanders coming off of injury is not a sure thing either. And... we are not sure about QB either.
    Coach's decision to play Kareem Jackson at safety being thin at CB is a little off to me. Ideally, Su'a Cravens makes a full recovery and can come in and play at the strong safety spot with Simmons staying at free safety to be spelled by Will Parks as needed or in sub-packages. I'd feel better if Kareem Jackson played the #2 CB spot with Harris at #1 and Bryce Callahan in the slot. As a base nickel package defense, I would feel a lot more confident in the secondary if that was the case.

Quote Originally Posted by SR View Post
    Coach's decision to play Kareem Jackson at safety being thin at CB is a little off to me. Ideally, Su'a Cravens makes a full recovery and can come in and play at the strong safety spot with Simmons staying at free safety to be spelled by Will Parks as needed or in sub-packages. I'd feel better if Kareem Jackson played the #2 CB spot with Harris at #1 and Bryce Callahan in the slot. As a base nickel package defense, I would feel a lot more confident in the secondary if that was the case.
    Kareen Jackson is a decent CB, he's an all-pro safety. It's a no brainer to play him where he's strongest. Cravens will likely be more of an ILB at this point, he's not shown much at safety and he'll only be around for 1-2 games this year anyway if history is an indicator.

I agree we could use some depth at corner. Hopefully Bausby can do something.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Kareen Jackson is a decent CB, he's an all-pro safety. It's a no brainer to play him where he's strongest. Cravens will likely be more of an ILB at this point, he's not shown much at safety and he'll only be around for 1-2 games this year anyway if history is an indicator.

I agree we could use some depth at corner. Hopefully Bausby can do something.
    Where do you get that Kareem Jackson is an All-Pro safety? He's been a corner literally his entire career in Houston except for a real small amount of time last season.

Your assessment of Cravens is unfair. Big time. Won't even go in to detail on that.

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

lol, cravens. . . he's garbage. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

20. The Following 3 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    lol, cravens. . . he's garbage. . .
    Hard to tell, he never plays.
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

22. The Following User High Fived Canmore For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information