Page 8 of 74 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast

Thread: Chris Harris: Pay me or trade me

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    Most expensive QB room in the NFL, you would think Aaron Rodgers is the Broncos QB
    This is false.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Tim Tebow. So good at football that’s he’s hitting .156 in AAA baseball at the age of 31.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Tim Tebow. So good at football that’s he’s hitting .156 in AAA baseball at the age of 31.
    Mo, I will make as much as a QB in the NFL this season as Tim Tebow will.

My W2 says I did last year as well.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Mike Klis
    ‏Verified account @MikeKlis
    1h1 hour ago

As first reported by 9News, ominous turn on Chris Harris Jr. front in recent days. According to a source, Harris has requested either a contract of at least $15 million APY or a trade. Trade first reported by @AdamSchefter. But request was trade or deal of $15M+ per. #9sports

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Chris Harris Jr. to Broncos: 'Pay me or trade me'

KUSA – It is becoming increasingly possible Chris Harris Jr. has played his last game with the Denver Broncos.

Roughly 48 hours before the start of the NFL Draft, Harris’ agent Frederick Lyles notified the Broncos on Tuesday afternoon they would either like a new contract that exceeds $15 million per year, or they would like to be traded, sources told 9News.

Harris has been absent from the Broncos’ offseason program since it began three weeks ago as a way to send notice he wants a new contract. He is currently in the final season of a five-year extension he received in December 2014.

Harris received a $1 million option in March and has another $7.9 million payout in 2019. Harris’ current deal ties him for 24th in the league in terms of annual average. Washington’s Josh Norman is the highest-paid corner at $15 million per year.
    rest - https://www.9news.com/article/sports...6-abe01bf25b06

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

8. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

So to all those who kept telling us not to worry....tell us that story again. John was very short in his press conference regarding Chris. We didnt pay Talib last year at 11 per. So now we pay Chris 15 per? Bull shit for him to do this the week of the draft.

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    So to all those who kept telling us not to worry....tell us that story again. John was very short in his press conference regarding Chris. We didnt pay Talib last year at 11 per. So now we pay Chris 15 per? Bull shit for him to do this the week of the draft.
    Chris is basically saying he wants out of Denver. I don't think John makes him the highest paid CB in the league. If he's after that, which apparently he is, he'll get it elsewhere.

I don't think it's BS he did it right before the draft, he has leverage he should use it, and he's given John the opportunity to trade him for draft capital and get a top flight CB in the draft.

I want Chris on the team, for sure, but he deserves his payday and I don't see highest paid CB in the league happening here.

12. The Following 5 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dennis Smith #49

We signed Bryce and Kareem and will probably draft another corner in a deep draft class for them. We may be able to pick up a 3rd rounder in a trade for him and will use that pick to help bolster the line-up. Chris picked a bad time to get injured. If he was 100% healthy he would of had a ton of leverage but coming off injury and enter the wrong side of 30, he is wasn't going to get a long term deal in Denver for the price he wants. This is why "hometown discounts" are a bad idea in most signings as players usually don't recoup the lost salary in the back end of their careers. Sad end to the No Fly Zone but onto the next group of DBs to man the field in 2019/2020.
    A woman's mind is cleaner than a man's: She changes it more often.
    Oliver Herford

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Harris will prolly get traded to the Rams for a 4th too.

Then next year go after another aging vet qb "coming into his prime". Another Sanchez, Keesum, Flucco, Fitzpatrick type.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

So now we pay Chris 15 per? Bull shit for him to do this the week of the draft.
    Exactly. His timing couldnt have been worse. And id hate to see him go, especially this way.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    Harris will prolly get traded to the Rams for a 4th too.

Then next year go after another aging vet qb "coming into his prime". Another Sanchez, Keesum, Flucco, Fitzpatrick type.
    You must enjoy polluting every thread.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

In a vacuum, I understand not wanting to pay a 30 year old CB $15 million a year. But it's how we got to this point that's so disappointing. Renck reported that Harris only put out his demands after Elway's "tone" from the press conference yesterday (where he basically said he would get to it when he gets to it, and didn't guarantee anything). Combine that with bringing in two shiny new CB's, including one getting paid more than Harris, and this will go down as an Elway fail if Harris leaves.

I try not to get sentimental about players - I understood the Talib trade, the DT trade, etc. Shit happens. But on a list of untouchable current Broncos, Harris was second only to Von in my mind. Sometimes ruthless Patriots-like efficiency isn't the best way to go about things.

19. The Following 5 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

And is this relates to our QB situation ... wouldn't it be nice to have a QB on a rookie deal where we could then afford to splurge a little to reward our best players? Harris is on the Ring of Fame path and took an exceptionally team friendly deal last time. But instead of that, we throw $18-20 million a year at below average QB's and then have to go cheap elsewhere.

21. The Following 3 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    And is this relates to our QB situation ... wouldn't it be nice to have a QB on a rookie deal where we could then afford to splurge a little to reward our best players? Harris is on the Ring of Fame path and took an exceptionally team friendly deal last time. But instead of that, we throw $18-20 million a year at below average QB's and then have to go cheap elsewhere.
    i just hope von isnt next. And bringing in pacman... i duno what is deal with the secondary these days.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

New England has been able to stay relavent because they leave sentiment at the door. They've only ever had 1 untouchable player. Everyone else can be dealt when their value is still high.

24. The Following 2 Users High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information