Page 68 of 74 FirstFirst ... 18 58 66 67 68 69 70 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1099

Thread: Chris Harris: Pay me or trade me

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Shows what you know. Not much:

Josh Norman signed that contract in 2016. Today it would be far higher. Chris Harris is a top 5 CB in the NFL, and key player in the Super Bowl and numerous AFC playoff games. He's been All-Pro twice and pro-bowler every year including last year.

Next year the salary cap will be much higher, and salaries will go up. They go up every single year. Just like clockwork.

And every year out of touch fans like you say things like "the Broncos shouldn't pay him! IT's too much! Too much!"

It's always "too much" because the fans are used to what things cost 4 or 5 years ago and aren't really paying attention.

There are six CBs in the NFL making over $14m a year including Trumaine Johnson, Xavier Rhodes, Patrick Peterson and Kyle Fuller, and Chris Harris is better than almost all of them.

If he were a FA this year he'd get significantly more than $15m. That's why his agent is demanding that much. He knows that if the Broncos are willing to pay Harris $15m, and he's under contract for $8m, if he were a FA there would be a bidding war for him.

There are not many All Pro CBs who hit the FA market.

Know who the FA CBs were this March?

Other CBs included Bryce Callahan and Karim Jackson, both of whom signed here, and neither of whom is remotely as good as Chris Harris.

None of these stiffs compares with Harris. There was not any truly elite top 5 CBs in FA this year and there won't be many next year either. He's not too old at 29 right now.

He'll easily get $17m next year and they know it.
    Look man, I don't know what kind of peyote you're smoking, but I said no one would pay CHRIS HARRIS $17M. I don't care about Howard, Norman, or any other corner you referenced. There isn't a single team, Denver included, that would willingly pay Harris $17M on a contract. Now, if he plays out his current contract this season and Denver tags him next season, then that's a different story entirely.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    I suppose this is possible, but I worry that this opens the door for him to leave. Usually once guys are allowed to "test the market", they don't come back home unless there's just plain no market for them. I don't think he gets $15 million from anyone, but that doesn't mean he'd come running back to us if someone offered him $13. Plus it only takes one team to break the bank.

I hope it all works out - I love the guy.

It does, however he is 31, if he plays lights out again a 2 or 3 year extension is probably likely, if he doesn't there wont be a big issue when we let him walk, its a win for both sides. Harris gets a pay raise this year still even though he is coming off injury, and didn't have that great a season. Next year he has another shot at the money he wants if he plays well from us and if not another team desperate at CB will pay him some good money on a 2 or 3 year deal to close out his career. I fail to be worried or upset about this at this point, we get Chris back on a higher salary this year, and we protect our self next year as well. He is still under contract, he used some leverage to get more money because he felt he deserved it, we are seemingly going to oblige but not create a bad contract case if things don't work out at the tail end of his career.
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    All of them!

Elway is suffering from Patriots disease. A bad case.

Teams watch Tom Brady win another SB, and for some insane reason think "we've got to do more things the Patriots way!" And they copy the Patriots. And one thing the Patriots do is ruthlessly get rid of players when they want to get paid. "Better a season too soon, than a season too late." Belichick invented that reasoning.

But, like everything else Patriots -- it doesn't translate into other programs. It doesn't matter what other teams try to do to copy the Patriots success, it never works. How many Belichick assistants have they hired to coach and GM their football teams, and with what success?

The Patriots way works for them because they have Tom Brady and Bill Belichick. Period. If you don't have those two then it doesn't. Denver needs their defense to be ELITE if they want to compete right now.
    There's more to the Cheatriots way that what you've portrayed. Yes, they have a FQB, but they also have a system of talent assessment, acquisition and a mechanized what to determine when to offload aging or unwanted talent. I believe that the reason why the Cheatriots way doesn't work elsewhere is the lack of good talent assessment and acquisition. All three parts have to work in concert or it doesn't work.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by The Glue Factory View Post
    Elway is suffering from Patriots disease. A bad case.

Teams watch Tom Brady win another SB, and for some insane reason think "we've got to do more things the Patriots way!" And they copy the Patriots. And one thing the Patriots do is ruthlessly get rid of players when they want to get paid. "Better a season too soon, than a season too late." Belichick invented that reasoning.

But, like everything else Patriots -- it doesn't translate into other programs. It doesn't matter what other teams try to do to copy the Patriots success, it never works. How many Belichick assistants have they hired to coach and GM their football teams, and with what success?

The Patriots way works for them because they have Tom Brady and Bill Belichick. Period. If you don't have those two then it doesn't. Denver needs their defense to be ELITE if they want to compete right now.
    There's more to the Cheatriots way that what you've portrayed. Yes, they have a FQB, but they also have a system of talent assessment, acquisition and a mechanized what to determine when to offload aging or unwanted talent. I believe that the reason why the Cheatriots way doesn't work elsewhere is the lack of good talent assessment and acquisition. All three parts have to work in concert or it doesn't work.
    Bellichick always has a decent enough Defense and a HoF Qb. Always helps.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by The Glue Factory View Post
    Their drafting has been sneaky not that great in the Brady/BB era. They have had plenty of whiffs. I think those two guys cover up a lot of holes on that roster year after year. I'm not convinced that system will still work when those guys are gone.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Mike Klis
    ‏Verified account @MikeKlis
    52m52 minutes ago

Broncos and Chris Harris Jr. are extremely close to a new 1-year deal. With final week of OTAs starting tomorrow, both sides hoping for agreement today. #9sports

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    All of them!

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Their drafting has been sneaky not that great in the Brady/BB era. They have had plenty of whiffs. I think those two guys cover up a lot of holes on that roster year after year. I'm not convinced that system will still work when those guys are gone.
    I didn't say it was foolproof. Just part of the system. Yes a franchise QB covers a multitude of sins (just look at Elway), but QB's don't win championships on their own either (again, look at Elway).

Adopted Bronco:
    Tommy Nalen

And it's done. 12.05m per klis

Edit: this year only, of course.

SHORYUKEN!

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived Zweems56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Fair.

12. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

That's not what a holdout is. It's not officially classified as a holdout until a player misses mandatory team activities. As of now, this is no story. If he starts missing training camp then it will actually be an issue.
    Bumping this very correct take from the first few pages of this thread.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Bumping this very correct take from the first few pages of this thread.
    Congrats?

15. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Now lets go!
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

This doesn’t sound like someone who will be here in 2020 and beyond but I guess we’ll see

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Broncos agree with Chris Harris Jr. on new one-year contract

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — Cornerback Chris Harris Jr. has agreed with the Broncos on a new one-year contract, the team announced Tuesday.

The restructured deal will keep Harris in Denver through at least the end of the 2019 season.

“We have a lot of respect for Chris as a player and for everything he’s meant to our organization," President of Football Operations/General Manager John Elway said. "This contract adjustment recognizes his value to our team and the high expectations we have for Chris as a Bronco this season and hopefully for years to come.”
    rest - https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/b...-year-contract

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

19. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

We need him. Good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information