Page 1 of 74 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Chris Harris: Pay me or trade me

Default Chris Harris: Pay me or trade me

Doesn’t look good. I wish we would pay him sooner than later. He’s one of the leagues best CBs.

Elway said he wanted to wait until after the draft.

Apparently this isn’t sitting well with Harris. From Chris Harris side: “Pay him or trade him” and he didn’t show for the first day of the offseason program.

Sooo...did the Broncos see into the future? Is this why they signed these other two DBs? Insurance in case a deal can’t get done?

What could we realistically get for him in a trade? Harris is one of my favorite Broncos but good teams sell high. Could we use the extra draft picks?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E8A5DB9F-4672-4021-AFBD-860BA9D430C1.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	12.1 KB 
ID:	13967
    Last edited by DenBronx; 04-02-2019 at 03:00 PM.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Adopted Bronco:

Well...we'd certainly need the extra picks to acquire more DB talent. Problem we have now is we have 3 guys who are all short CB's and all best suited for the slot. Yes, Harris and Jackson can play outside, but Callahan is pretty much locked into the slot. So, if we draft a replacement, we are left with Yiadom and a rookie outside.

On the flipside...Harris will be 30 years old and coming off of a leg fracture, so...how long of a deal does he want? And will he be worth that kind of money at age 32? 33? I get that he's probably been underpaid the last few years, but that is more on his agent than on Denver. If it comes down to trading him or paying him 13-14 mil for more than 2 years or trading him...I'm going with the trade route.

3. The Following 4 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

When they brought in two CBs i knew this would be an issue.

John, plz fix this.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Stupid.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

So far, I have not been able to find anything where Chris said pay me or trade me.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

7. The Following 9 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Kind of dumb by Denver here, if you are planning on winning now (Flacco) than pay Chris because we are going to need all the help we can get with any kind of vet presence. If we were looking to reload and rebuild we should have passed on Flacco. For the life of me i dont know what John and company are thinking here. Hope they get it worked out.

9. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Report: Broncos add $3M in incentives to Chris Harris Jr.'s deal

Chris Harris Jr. can now pull eight figures in 2018.

As first reported by ESPN's Field Yates, the Denver Broncos tacked on $3 million in incentives to the star cornerback's contract. Harris, whose base salary for the upcoming season is $8.5 million, will have the chance to make up to $11.5 million if he earns first- or second-team All-Pro honors. The incentives are also tied to team wins.

If this seems like a rare move ... well, that's because it is. Mike Klis of 9News called it "unprecedented" under general manager John Elway, while The Athletic's Nicki Jhabvala was told it’s “a special circumstance for a special player."
    rest - https://247sports.com/nfl/denver-bro...eal-117455796/

Looks like they have treated Chris Harris well

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

11. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    So far, I have not been able to find anything where Chris said pay me or trade me.
    All I see is that his agent/representation basically said this.

So an athlete's agent is attempting to apply leverage for a big new contract. And the sky is blue. What else is new?

13. The Following 5 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

There is nothing on his Twitter about this. He did not say this. His agent is simply doing his job. This thread is fake news. Ha.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

15. The Following 5 Users High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

get it done, john. . . we need chris around, and he's done enough to earn it. . . go have another strong draft, add a stack of cost-controlled young talent to what you got last year, and try to open a window while we have those guys on rookie deals-- you need a handful of high end vets along with them, and that starts with von and chris. . .

“When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

And if we don’t? What kind of draft capital could we get in return?
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    That's because he didn't. Nicki insinuated his stance by him not showing to voluntary workouts on day 1 of off-season program. Nothing has come from him at this point. He is under contract, and Elway wanted the draft to play out.....before talking extension....seems to me the DP is just bored.....
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

20. The Following 4 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    That's because he didn't. Nicki insinuated his stance by him not showing to voluntary workouts on day 1 of off-season program. Nothing has come from him at this point. He is under contract, and Elway wanted the draft to play out.....before talking extension....seems to me the DP is just bored.....
    Exactly. Chris missing a voluntary workout at a veteran may mean something or it may not. And the Broncos doing due-diligence by waiting until after the draft to worry about any existing contracts is a smart move by them. Both the Broncos and Chris Harris are well within their rights to look out for their own best interests. If this bleeds into training camp then it will be an issue, but I bet it's resolved either way before that.

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Exactly. Chris missing a voluntary workout at a veteran may mean something or it may not. And the Broncos doing due-diligence by waiting until after the draft to worry about any existing contracts is a smart move by them. Both the Broncos and Chris Harris are well within their rights to look out for their own best interests. If this bleeds into training camp then it will be an issue, but I bet it's resolved either way before that.
    Chris is a pro. He will look out for his best interests which I would expect anyone to do, but I have no doubts he will also meet all obligations.

I'm sure a deal will get done, John wants Chris and Chris wants to play in Denver.

Neither the Broncos nor Chris made this story happen, but it's the offseason and something has to be printed.

24. The Following 2 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    I still don't respect Harris's stance. These guys holding out or not showing up for voluntary workouts is a poor decision IMO. If I'm a GM, guys showing up, being leaders, and setting the example is what gets you paid. Want to get paid? Come to work and show these young kids what it means to be a professional.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information