Page 67 of 74 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1099

Thread: Chris Harris: Pay me or trade me

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    No, it's not.
    Yes, it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Yes, it is.
    No it really isn't it.

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    No it really isn't it.
    In a world where a team can trade you, cut you, etc. a player exercising this type of leverage is routine and understood.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

4. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Why in the hell is this taking so long? I thought for sure if they are only doing a short term deal that this would be done by now. And it’s pretty concerning that the Broncos didn’t even offer Harris a long term deal.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Elway goin' pay this man.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    Why in the hell is this taking so long? I thought for sure if they are only doing a short term deal that this would be done by now. And it’s pretty concerning that the Broncos didn’t even offer Harris a long term deal.
    Why is it so concerning and how do you know that's not part of what is taking so long?

I want Chris here as much as anybody but the reality is he might not be longer than this year and he might even be on a tag after that, who knows.

I hope he's here long term, no doubt, but I won't be shocked If this year is his last in Denver.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

9. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    Elway is suffering from Patriots disease. A bad case.

Teams watch Tom Brady win another SB, and for some insane reason think "we've got to do more things the Patriots way!" And they copy the Patriots. And one thing the Patriots do is ruthlessly get rid of players when they want to get paid. "Better a season too soon, than a season too late." Belichick invented that reasoning.

But, like everything else Patriots -- it doesn't translate into other programs. It doesn't matter what other teams try to do to copy the Patriots success, it never works. How many Belichick assistants have they hired to coach and GM their football teams, and with what success?

The Patriots way works for them because they have Tom Brady and Bill Belichick. Period. If you don't have those two then it doesn't. Denver needs their defense to be ELITE if they want to compete right now.

It isn't without Harris. He's the 2nd best player on this entire team. He's going to be good for the next 2 seasons when he will be 30 and 31. It's not like he's Champ Bailey at 36 who's lost a couple steps.

So, I have no idea why the Broncos refused to offer Harris any kind of long term offer. On the one hand they want him around this season enough to give him a pay raise.

But, on the other they don't want him on the team at all next season? No offer, means no offer of any kind:

The Denver Broncos have at no point offered Chris Harris Jr. a contract extension beyond 2019 and have instead only negotiated with the All-Pro cornerback on a pay increase for this upcoming season, Broncos sources have told 104.3 The Fan host Zach Bye.

Sources with knowledge on the subject told Bye a deal that would net Harris a pay raise is imminent, but the Broncos have not at any point talked about extending the cornerback past the 2019 season.

“Broncos fans need to relish watching Chris Harris Jr. play for 16 more games because this is probably it,” Bye said Friday afternoon during the “Stokley and Zach” program.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    I’m not a fan of this approach. If he’s going to leave next year anyway, why the pay raise? I’m not in favor of trading him but if we’re not locking him up for 2020 at least, then what’s the point?

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Tommy Nalen

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    I’m not a fan of this approach. If he’s going to leave next year anyway, why the pay raise? I’m not in favor of trading him but if we’re not locking him up for 2020 at least, then what’s the point?
    I feel like you guys aren't thinking about this very deeply. We've got the cap space to give him a few extra mil this year and make him happy. That will soften negotiations next year. I'm of the opinion that Elway thinks he won't get offered 15m by anyone next year. Elway doesn't want to commit that kind of money long-term, so he's playing nice right now. Give him a few extra mil this year, give Harris a good feeling for when his contract is up. Then when teams offer Harris 11 or 12m next year, we've got a chance to match, and Harris won't just balk at it because we did him a solid this year. My .02

SHORYUKEN!

14. The Following 10 Users High Fived Zweems56 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Is Tom Brady unprofessional?
    He wears uggs. Enough said.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Zweems56 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    I feel like you guys aren't thinking about this very deeply. We've got the cap space to give him a few extra mil this year and make him happy. That will soften negotiations next year. I'm of the opinion that Elway thinks he won't get offered 15m by anyone next year. Elway doesn't want to commit that kind of money long-term, so he's playing nice right now. Give him a few extra mil this year, give Harris a good feeling for when his contract is up. Then when teams offer Harris 11 or 12m next year, we've got a chance to match, and Harris won't just balk at it because we did him a solid this year. My .02
    This
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

17. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

To me I simply think its a cash flow issue, not a issue of wanting to extend him.....I think they will give him a pay raise this year, offer him a extension next year and if he doesn't like it he walks in FA and we address CB in the draft.....I think that's the smart play as GM.....He has earned a pay raise or extension no doubt, the problem is we are a tad short on cash this year, I remember Elway saying he likes to keep around 5-6 mil in case of TC issues to address the roster with some vets if needed. Add in draft picks and that's barely enough to create some big extension for Chris. In fact a pay raise and some incentive finagling is making even more sense now.

If Elway was that big of ***** and didn't think he needed Chris Harris this year, he wouldn't be working all memorial day weekend on a pay raise for the year.
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

19. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Elway is suffering from Patriots disease. A bad case.

Teams watch Tom Brady win another SB, and for some insane reason think "we've got to do more things the Patriots way!" And they copy the Patriots. And one thing the Patriots do is ruthlessly get rid of players when they want to get paid. "Better a season too soon, than a season too late." Belichick invented that reasoning.

But, like everything else Patriots -- it doesn't translate into other programs. It doesn't matter what other teams try to do to copy the Patriots success, it never works. How many Belichick assistants have they hired to coach and GM their football teams, and with what success?

The Patriots way works for them because they have Tom Brady and Bill Belichick. Period. If you don't have those two then it doesn't. Denver needs their defense to be ELITE if they want to compete right now.

It isn't without Harris. He's the 2nd best player on this entire team. He's going to be good for the next 2 seasons when he will be 30 and 31. It's not like he's Champ Bailey at 36 who's lost a couple steps.

So, I have no idea why the Broncos refused to offer Harris any kind of long term offer. On the one hand they want him around this season enough to give him a pay raise.

But, on the other they don't want him on the team at all next season? No offer, means no offer of any kind:

Take a deep breath and look deeper Cugel, it will all work out.....
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Quote Originally Posted by Zweems56 View Post
    I suppose this is possible, but I worry that this opens the door for him to leave. Usually once guys are allowed to "test the market", they don't come back home unless there's just plain no market for them. I don't think he gets $15 million from anyone, but that doesn't mean he'd come running back to us if someone offered him $13. Plus it only takes one team to break the bank.

I hope it all works out - I love the guy.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information