Page 2 of 74 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Chris Harris: Pay me or trade me

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by SR View Post
    I still don't respect Harris's stance. These guys holding out or not showing up for voluntary workouts is a poor decision IMO. If I'm a GM, guys showing up, being leaders, and setting the example is what gets you paid. Want to get paid? Come to work and show these young kids what it means to be a professional.
    Everyone in the locker room understands the business side. And they want 25 paid. This is a giant nothing burger.

2. The Following 4 Users High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    Everyone in the locker room understands the business side. And they want 25 paid. This is a giant nothing burger.
    I'm not saying I don't understand that aspect, but I am saying I disagree with it.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

I'm not saying I don't understand that aspect, but I am saying I disagree with it.
    It’s a dance. When the management steps up he will step up.

5. The Following User High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I still don't respect Harris's stance. These guys holding out or not showing up for voluntary workouts is a poor decision IMO. If I'm a GM, guys showing up, being leaders, and setting the example is what gets you paid. Want to get paid? Come to work and show these young kids what it means to be a professional.
    That all sounds nice in theory, but when a player has leverage he's going to use it, as would any of us if it benefited us professionally.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    That all sounds nice in theory, but when a player has leverage he's going to use it, as would any of us if it benefited us professionally.
    Especially when your employer has you on a non guaranteed contract.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

And even more especially when he took a big discount to stay there on his last deal.

And when you signed a team-friendly deal, played well about that salary, and are still one of the top CBs in the league. Would be more concerned if it was a direct quote. But I like Harris and think Denver should do him right.

11. The Following 4 Users High Fived Mike For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

And even more especially when he took a big discount to stay there on his last deal.
    Eh he didn’t have a gun to his head. But yes he’s out performed that. And you must pay your performers.

I just don’t want to get into a situation where we emo pay guys on the backside.

Eh he didn’t have a gun to his head. But yes he’s out performed that. And you must pay your performers.

I just don’t want to get into a situation where we emo pay guys on the backside.
    You mean like a guy who hasn't consistently produced and has been on the IR more than he has been on the field?

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    You mean like a guy who hasn't consistently produced and has been on the IR more than he has been on the field?
    More like a big contract on the wrong side of thirty.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Agreed. Definitely shouldn't overpay older guys, but I do think CHJ looking for a raise is fair. He's still playing as well as ever.

They are saying this is a deep draft for cornerbacks. Specifically the top 6 and that there isn’t much difference between them all. We could realistically get a premier CB in round 2.

Might be the time to trade CHJ. Sell while the market is high. I know this opinion won’t be popular but this could primarily be the reason why Elway said wait until after the draft. CHJ seems to know this and is panicking a bit.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Adopted Bronco:

Agreed. Definitely shouldn't overpay older guys, but I do think CHJ looking for a raise is fair. He's still playing as well as ever.
    But for how much longer? I'm on board giving him the money for the first 2 years, but if he's looking for a deal that pays any significant guaranteed money after 32, then I have to stop and think about it. Sorry, but I'm not paying you at 33 to make up for what you agreed to play for at 27.

18. The Following 3 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    But for how much longer? I'm on board giving him the money for the first 2 years, but if he's looking for a deal that pays any significant guaranteed money after 32, then I have to stop and think about it. Sorry, but I'm not paying you at 33 to make up for what you agreed to play for at 27.
    I haven't seen any suggestion that that's what he's asking for.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    They are saying this is a deep draft for cornerbacks. Specifically the top 6 and that there isn’t much difference between them all. We could realistically get a premier CB in round 2.

Might be the time to trade CHJ. Sell while the market is high. I know this opinion won’t be popular but this could primarily be the reason why Elway said wait until after the draft. CHJ seems to know this and is panicking a bit.
    How is he panicking? By not showing up to a voluntary workout?

He is getting paid, whether it's Denver or not, he's going to make the money his play has set him up for.

He has no reason to panic and I'm certain he isn't doing so.

21. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information