Page 17 of 74 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 ... LastLast

Thread: Chris Harris: Pay me or trade me

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    It might make him reject 11
    No it won’t. Because some intern nerd left him off? Online isn’t real life. And Harris isn’t so shallow for that to matter.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

“Guys I like the offer but you left me off your fake avenger poster. Trade me.”

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

I don't know why you assume humans are so rational

5. The Following 4 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I don't know why you assume humans are so rational
    Especially a human form the generation most obsessed with social media.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    “Guys I like the offer but you left me off your fake avenger poster. Trade me.”
    Stop being so obtuse. No one is saying this. Obviously this one tweet won't make or break the negotiations. But the sum total of all the little perceived sights here and there can add up over time and absolutely have an impact on his decision. If the tweet were literally the only thing you'd be right. But it seems from the outside looking in that things have been progressing to lead him to this point, and the tweet is just another thing to add to the pile. Will that be the breaking point? Probably not. But it's certainly not helpful when you're already dealing with a player who doesn't exactly feel appreciated.

8. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Stop being so obtuse. No one is saying this. Obviously this one tweet won't make or break the negotiations. But the sum total of all the little perceived sights here and there can add up over time and absolutely have an impact on his decision. If the tweet were literally the only thing you'd be right. But it seems from the outside looking in that things have been progressing to lead him to this point, and the tweet is just another thing to add to the pile. Will that be the breaking point? Probably not. But it's certainly not helpful when you're already dealing with a player who doesn't exactly feel appreciated.
    He's been given 50 million reasons to feel appreciated (including this season, if he plays).

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Partially agree, but let's also not make believe Chris will be negotiating. If his agent (who shouldn't be emotional) tells him he should take a deal he probably will.

I hope it gets done, but I'm honestly not optimistic anymore.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    He's been given 50 million reasons to feel appreciated (including this season, if he plays).
    I'm not arguing whether or not his feelings are justified. But justified or not they clearly exist. And pouring more gas on that fire isn't exactly the best strategy from the Broncos perspective.

12. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Partially agree, but let's also not make believe Chris will be negotiating. If his agent (who shouldn't be emotional) tells him he should take a deal he probably will.

I hope it gets done, but I'm honestly not optimistic anymore.
    Very fair point. It could perhaps get to a point, though, where he'll tell his agent he's done negotiating here and will only accept a trade. I hope it doesn't get to that point, but I don't think it's off the table.

14. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

So Harris is an emo retard?

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

So Harris is an emo retard?
    We all are to a degree. My bet is someone who plays an uber masculine sport, won't like to be publicly demeaned at a time when he is putting himself out there and trying to appear in a strong position

17. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Guys you left me off your twitter pic. The number is now $16 million.
    I'll argue it.

How a team treats its best players, the ones who bled, matters. Other players on the roster are watching. They see the social media. Players around the league watch. They live their lives for this very thing. It matters not in the negotiation, but before a negotiating table is even set. The table is already set for Jr., but for the next player like Jr. it matters. It becomes part of the analysis.

Anyway, I hope they restructure by a modest bump but sweet incentives. He's earned it, and the price is worth the message it sends to the whole team.

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

At the end of the day, no one in here is saying that this one tweet will make or break the negotiations. One raindrop isn't going to cause any damage. But add in a few more raindrops an throw some wind in the mix and pretty soon you have a hurricane.

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

A twitter pic means nothing. Absolutely nothing.
    If Harris is really crying about that he is a massive puzzy. I really really want a meme now with Elway and the glove making Harris disappear. Shake where you at??!!!

23. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

At the end of the day, no one in here is saying that this one tweet will make or break the negotiations. One raindrop isn't going to cause any damage. But add in a few more raindrops an throw some wind in the mix and pretty soon you have a hurricane.
    And hurricanes blow. Hard. Maybe as hard as Thom Brady

25. The Following 3 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information