Page 14 of 74 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 ... LastLast

Thread: Chris Harris: Pay me or trade me

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Three great corners and our pass rush is a recipe for a deep playoff push. I'd rather be absolutely brutal in a strength to be honest. And, honestly I really do think we only have one top ten cornerback. Or, at least just one guy who has been a top ten corner more than once.
    And the other one gets to play the same position...in the same scheme...for the same coaches...as he did when he rated in the top 10. I think we'll be ok either way.

2. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    And the other one gets to play the same position...in the same scheme...for the same coaches...as he did when he rated in the top 10. I think we'll be ok either way.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I still don't follow.

Flacco must count towards the cap?

The cap must be a consideration when planning any new contract?

If we were not playing flacco, drafted a QB... Would that not potentially free up the money to pay harris?
    But JE puts a value on each player/position. Flacco has nothing to do with Harris. They are separate entities. JE has never seemed to be willing to overpay simply because he has the extra cash to do so. I believe that's the point that is being made

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Over his career, he's made over $47M because the Broncos took a flyer on a UDFA, and it literally paid off - for both parties.

To quote Obama (and not making this political, but...) "At a certain point you've made enough money."
    Some dude in a mud hut thinks you’ve made enough money.

6. The Following 4 Users High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    Some dude in a mud hut thinks you’ve made enough money.
    Probably true, but I think I'd like to live in a mud hut and not have any stress other than hunting for food.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Love Chris, and he is probably the best slot corner in the league, but he is putting the screws to the Broncos by demanding to be the top paid CB in the league. He took plenty of team friendly deals so I get it, but I think this is more about him wanting out then getting paid at this point and I don't blame him. I also don't blame Elway and the Broncos for scoffing at the fact that a player approaching 30 wants that kind of money. Hate to say it, but they both have to be ruthless in this case and do what is best for themselves/the team. I wish he would stay, but I'm a Broncos fan more than I am a CHJ fan. I wish him nothing but the best until he plays against us if he leaves.
    Sorry, but this is all wrong. First of all Chris Harris has 4-5 good years left. Champ Bailey for instance played for 15 seasons and retired at age 36. Chris will be 30 this off-season. A new contract would be 4 years, with 3 guaranteed. Baring some dramatic decline in his skills or injury, it's about as sure a thing as a team can get.

You get a top 5 CB who can play inside or out, match-up against the league's top WRs and basically shut them down in single-coverage, and who is a team leader on the field and a great community guy off it. He's as good a CB as you could hope to want.

And Elway is being a total ass-hat in trading him because he doesn't want to pay $15m when he's paying close $30 million total contract to a couple of journeyman CB FAs?

Better to pay Chris Harris $15m than an average annual salary of $11m a year to Kareem Jackson. No wonder he's pissed. Elway went out and gave big contracts to guys he's much better than and won't re-sign Chris after all he's done for this team?

It's flat B.S. man and nothing can justify it.

At some point you have to identify and pay the key performers if you want to retain the loyalty of your locker room. And Elway is just not doing that. And it is a big problem. Inside that locker room they are drawing the appropriate conclusions.

They may not say anything publicly, but every player on that 53 man roster is thinking "I'm going to have to leave town if I want to get paid. Elway is not going to show any loyalty to me, if he won't even pay Chris Harris!"

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Sorry, but this is all wrong. First of all Chris Harris has 4-5 good years left. Champ Bailey for instance played for 15 seasons and retired at age 36. Chris will be 30 this off-season. A new contract would be 4 years, with 3 guaranteed. Baring some dramatic decline in his skills or injury, it's about as sure a thing as a team can get.

You get a top 5 CB who can play inside or out, match-up against the league's top WRs and basically shut them down in single-coverage, and who is a team leader on the field and a great community guy off it. He's as good a CB as you could hope to want.

And Elway is being a total ass-hat in trading him because he doesn't want to pay $15m when he's paying close $30 million total contract to a couple of journeyman CB FAs?

Better to pay Chris Harris $15m than an average annual salary of $11m a year to Kareem Jackson. No wonder he's pissed. Elway went out and gave big contracts to guys he's much better than and won't re-sign Chris after all he's done for this team?

It's flat B.S. man and nothing can justify it.

At some point you have to identify and pay the key performers if you want to retain the loyalty of your locker room. And Elway is just not doing that. And it is a big problem. Inside that locker room they are drawing the appropriate conclusions.

They may not say anything publicly, but every player on that 53 man roster is thinking "I'm going to have to leave town if I want to get paid. Elway is not going to show any loyalty to me, if he won't even pay Chris Harris!"
    He's made nearly $50 million as a UDFA that the Broncos took a chance on. No one (with very few exceptions) is irreplaceable.

10. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Probably true, but I think I'd like to live in a mud hut and not have any stress other than hunting for food.
    Sure. Until you didn't manage to catch any food that day and had to go hungry. This fan attitude "the players are making so much money that I'm not sympathetic" is just complete and total B.S.

Because billions of people could say that about you!

Besides, where is it written that its perfectly OK for the owners to rake in all the money and screw the players and the fans will support management?

He's made nearly $50 million as a UDFA that the Broncos took a chance on. No one (with very few exceptions) is irreplaceable.
    And the Bowlen family made a LOT more off Harris' achievements. So what? Chris Harris IS irreplaceable.

At least this season, and probably a lot longer. The Broncos thought they were going to be able to replace Aqib Talib, TJ Ward, Demarcus Ware, Danny Trevathan, and Malik Jackson too, and NONE of them have been adequately replaced.

They could have the #1 Cb in the draft and he might very well not be as good as Chris Harris. He's a top 5 CB in the league which means there are 27 teams that do NOT have a CB as good as Chris Harris. Period.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    And the Bowlen family made a LOT more off Harris' achievements. So what? Chris Harris IS irreplaceable.

At least this season, and probably a lot longer. The Broncos thought they were going to be able to replace Aqib Talib, TJ Ward, Demarcus Ware, Danny Trevathan, and Malik Jackson too, and NONE of them have been adequately replaced.

They could have the #1 Cb in the draft and he might very well not be as good as Chris Harris. He's a top 5 CB in the league which means there are 27 teams that do NOT have a CB as good as Chris Harris. Period.
    That's bunk, no player is irreplaceable. Every play can be and eventually gets replaced. That's aside I hope Denver and Harris can resolve this.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

San Fran almost traded Montana for Elway. Elway was almost a Redskin until the owner stepped in.

I think Cugel's point that sure, everyone can be replaced, but we've not had a great track record of doing it. At least not immediately.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    I think Cugel's point that sure, everyone can be replaced, but we've not had a great track record of doing it. At least not immediately.
    Moving forward compress his war and peace diatribes.

18. The Following 5 Users High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

I have my role!

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Good book.

I've been told.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information