Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kingsbury to allow Cardinals 'cellphone breaks'

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Kingsbury to allow Cardinals 'cellphone breaks'

PHOENIX -- New Arizona Cardinals coach Kliff Kingsbury won't waste any time using his college coaching background to help him in the NFL.

Kingsbury said Tuesday at the NFL owners meetings that he'll implement "cellphone breaks" during team meetings. He did something similar while coaching at Texas Tech but will adapt it for NFL players.

"They're itching to get to those things," he said.

Kingsbury will let the players break for their phones every 20 or 30 minutes -- what he called a "good run" -- right around the time he usually starts to see players lose interest.
    rest, plus Stephen A video - he does not think much of this
    http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...llphone-breaks

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Jeff Fisher said on a podcast recently he did the same thing. It's probably more common than people think.

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Jeff Fisher said on a podcast recently he did the same thing. It's probably more common than people think.
    So a HC that failed miserably in his last job, only for his successor take the Rams to the SB just 2 years later, is the 1 that your siting
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    So a HC that failed miserably in his last job, only for his successor take the Rams to the SB just 2 years later, is the 1 that your siting
    Just an anecdote. Not really sure why you're worked up over this.

7. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

9. The Following 3 Users High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Just an anecdote. Not really sure why you're worked up over this.
    What do you mean "worked up?" I'm laughing at the Cards while pointing out that if the best case you have for supporting this idea is the endorsement of a failed HC, then maybe its a bad idea. So, please provide me with a coach of a SB contending team that endorses this practice & I'll reconsider my assessment. If it is true that this really is common practice in today's NFL, then it proves once & for all that the men you played in past eras would stomp the boys who play today, even if they played by today's rules. If today's players want to stand a chance against the players of years past, they need to grow up & put their phones away so they can give their coaches their undivided attention.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    What do you mean "worked up?" I'm laughing at the Cards while pointing out that if the best case you have for supporting this idea is the endorsement of a failed HC, then maybe its a bad idea. So, please provide me with a coach of a SB contending team that endorses this practice & I'll reconsider my assessment. If it is true that this really is common practice in today's NFL, then it proves once & for all that the men you played in past eras would stomp the boys who play today, even if they played by today's rules. If today's players want to stand a chance against the players of years past, they need to grow up & put their phones away so they can give their coaches their undivided attention.
    I honestly could not give less of a shit about this. This story just reminded me of another example of this I heard of so I mentioned it. Like Abe just posted, if they just called them "breaks" instead of cell phone breaks no one bats an eye.

As for your last sentence, players of today aren't playing against players of years past, so not really sure what your point is there.

12. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

I honestly could not give less of a shit about this. This story just reminded me of another example of this I heard of so I mentioned it. Like Abe just posted, if they just called them "breaks" instead of cell phone breaks no one bats an eye.

As for your last sentence, players of today aren't playing against players of years past, so not really sure what your point is there.
    I don't know why you're getting so worked up over this

14. The Following 5 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    I don't know why you're getting so worked up over this
    I don't know tdavii, good question.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

I don't know tdavii, good question.
    Grow up BTB. Funny how you get worked up over people saying the same things you say. Weird.

17. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Apparently their plan is to allow a break for screen time every 20 minutes. lol.

I'm sure this will end well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

19. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Apparently their plan is to allow a break for screen time every 20 minutes. lol.

I'm sure this will end well.
    I don't think the breaks are a bad idea at all, I do question the frequency and time though.

Is it really every 20 mins? Wow.

I can see 15 every 45 so you're getting a 15 min break within every hour. This also only gives you on average 30 mins of unbroken work/meeting time as people wander back late, getting tech up and running, etc.

Every 20 mins?

I guess it all depends on how he structures it. He did it in college and that seems to have worked out for him....

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    I don't think the breaks are a bad idea at all, I do question the frequency and time though.

Is it really every 20 mins? Wow.

I can see 15 every 45 so you're getting a 15 min break within every hour. This also only gives you on average 30 mins of unbroken work/meeting time as people wander back late, getting tech up and running, etc.

Every 20 mins?

I guess it all depends on how he structures it. He did it in college and that seems to have worked out for him....
    I don't know, man. If my boss told me I had to stop working every 20 minutes to take a break, I would be at work 18 hours a day just to get everything done.

Maybe treat them like adults and expect them to roll up their sleeves and get shit done? What kind of professional needs a break every 20 minutes?
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    I don't know, man. If my boss told me I had to stop working every 20 minutes to take a break, I would be at work 18 hours a day just to get everything done.

Maybe treat them like adults and expect them to roll up their sleeves and get shit done? What kind of professional needs a break every 20 minutes?
    I don't see how anyone can anyone can get focused on what they're suppose to be doing if they're taking every 20 minutes.

24. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information