Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Broncos to host QBs Kyler Murray, Dwayne Haskins, Drew Lock and Daniel Jones for pre-draft visits: Real interest or smokescreen?

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    Cug, what does Taylor signing a contract with the Chargers this year have to do with his signing with the Browns last year? Absolutely nothing from what I tell.

You are incorrect, teams invest picks in players based on potential all the time. Apparently you didn't follow Browns situation at all. Taylor was expected to start and did until such time as Mayfield was ready. That is a fact Cug.

Lynch did start a few games for the Broncos so I have no idea what you're talking about.
    Lynch was never named the Broncos starter. He never won the starting job, which makes him almost unique in NFL history. He did start some games, but only due to Trevor Siemian being injured, sucking, etc.

They named Brock Osweiler the starter for a game too, and if he had done great, they could have continued to keep him around and possibly named him as the starter. OF course he sucked. . . . But he was never named the Broncos starter like Case Keenum was last year or Joe Flacco this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Cutler was better from the second he put on a Broncos helmet, and I’m A huge Plummer fan.

Shanatan lost that team when he scapegoated Plummer, imo, so I would agree that their handling of Plummer was criminal.
    From a locker-room perspective there's no doubt you're right. The players universally hated the move. THey had just gone 13-3 and beat the Patriots and Tom Brady in the playoffs to advance to the AFC Championship.

But, Shanny was right in thinking that was delusion. That 2005 team was a one-hit wonder that immediately self-destructed. Just like the 2015 Broncos SB team did.

The Broncos lost a bunch of ageing veterans like Courtney Brown, Gerrard Warren got his big contract and then mailed it in. Al Wilson's injury prevented him from being the player he was, they felt the loss of Rod Smith.

Jay Cutler was expected to go in the top 10 but fell due to teams taking Vince Young and Matt Leinart ahead of him. He had the talent of a Hall of Fame QB, he just didn't care.

3. The Following User High Fived Cugel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    TT is a solid QB. Led Buffalo to the playoffs. Cleveland was showing signs with him at the helm. He's not Baker, but he was the starter and was going to remain the starter until he got hurt.
    He's solid back up quarterback nothing more. He started all of two games I wouldn't say that was enough to say they were showing signs of improvement.

Adopted Bronco:

He's solid back up quarterback nothing more. He started all of two games I wouldn't say that was enough to say they were showing signs of improvement.
    Not to give him too much credit, but if I recall...he would have had them 2-0 if not for their kicking woes.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

If you watched their games it did. 1-1-1 is worlds better than prior seasons. OT vs Pittsburgh was a strong game for them. As was OT at New Orleans. IIRC...kicker botched both
    Last edited by SmilinAssasSin27; 04-02-2019 at 04:38 PM.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information