Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Third wave free agents to upgrade Broncos' roster holes

Default Third wave free agents to upgrade Broncos' roster holes

Anyone on here worth a look?

Let's take a look at who's still out there.

Blake Bortles, Mike Glennon, Blaine Gabbert and David Fales, QBs: Before you laugh, hear me out. This may be very unlikely, but the Broncos need someone to backup Joe Flacco. Kevin Hogan is a free agent, and their only other quarterback on roster is Garrett Grayson. Bortles has experience, though not great experience, and would be a better backup option than Grayson.

For the other QBs listed, you can apply the same logic to them as well. Denver needs to find a better backup quarterback and if they can get one for cheap to compete, potentially, with a rookie puts them in a better spot.

Pierre Garcon, WR: This one is simple. Garcon was in San Francisco last year playing in a similar system to what Denver will be running.

Mike Wallace, WR: Another simple one. Denver needs a burner, and while Wallace doesn’t have the speed he used to, there is still enough there. The last two good years of his career were with Joe Flacco in Baltimore.

T.J. Lang, OG: If Denver is still looking to add to their interior offensive line after losing Paradis than Lang is one of the better guys on the market. At the very least it gives them some veteran depth that they are lacking.

Josh Kline, OG: One of the best linemen still on the market, Kline was released from the Titans. He would step in as a starter at guard for the Broncos. That is worth exploring at the very least.

John Sullivan, C: With the loss of Paradis, the Broncos lost their starting center. They are moving their right guard to center and could need a veteran backup.

Quinton Spain, OG: This is a similar move to Kline and Spain. If Denver is looking for interior help, Spain is a quality player left.

Read the rest here:

https://247sports.com/nfl/denver-bro...les-130241620/
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

AJ McCarron is a street free agent. Keeps our comp picks, a non-threatening backup and allows us to not force a QB pick.

3. The Following User High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    AJ McCarron is a street free agent. Keeps our comp picks, a non-threatening backup and allows us to not force a QB pick.

Yes! I would like AJ as the backup very much.

5. The Following User High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I don't agree SA, McCarron has proven nothing other than he's an ok back up quarterback. On the other hand, it would be best to get a veteran back up quarterback even if Denver drafts one this year.
    Last edited by TXBRONC; 03-19-2019 at 08:57 AM.

Adopted Bronco:

There is a ton of depth at the interior OL spots in the draft, so I kind of expect us to address that in round 2. Whether it's a guard like Lindstrom that moves McGovern to center...or a center like McCoy that keeps McGovern at guard. His ability to play both gives us some options to go with the best available. No sense spending more money on an older and/or lesser talent

8. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    There is a ton of depth at the interior OL spots in the draft, so I kind of expect us to address that in round 2. Whether it's a guard like Lindstrom that moves McGovern to center...or a center like McCoy that keeps McGovern at guard. His ability to play both gives us some options to go with the best available. No sense spending more money on an older and/or lesser talent
    I thought I had read somewhere McGovern was going to be moved to center. Even if I'm remembering correctly that doesn't couldn't find a center that they really like leave McGovern at guard or vice versa for that matter.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

I would be fine taking a guard or center this draft. I like a lot of the options at those positions this draft....I wouldn't even be upset if we traded back a bit in rd 1 and selected Cody Ford, who could probably step in day 1 at RT guard and make the pro bowl as a rookie.
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

11. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

I think any of Ford, Risner, Bradbury, McCoy, Lindstrom, Jenkins, McGovern, Evans could be drafted in the first few rounds and immediately upgrade the line.

13. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Yeah I'm pretty High on Ford and McCoy myself....Would love for one of those guys to end up in Denver. I'm not as high on Risner, McGovern and Evans as others....But everyone you listed could be looked at as a viable attempt to upgrade our OL.

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    Yeah I'm pretty High on Ford and McCoy myself....Would love for one of those guys to end up in Denver. I'm not as high on Risner, McGovern and Evans as others....But everyone you listed could be looked at as a viable attempt to upgrade our OL.
    Well...keep in mind that when I saw any of those would be an upgrade, I am referring to Elijah Wilkinson and Max Garcia. So, the bar isn't exactly set very high. That said, my preference would be to get either Lindstrom or McCoy in round 2 and move McGovern accordingly to which ever spot is free based on the pick. I don't think Ford is there in the 2nd and 10 is too high for him if we stay there.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Well...keep in mind that when I saw any of those would be an upgrade, I am referring to Elijah Wilkinson and Max Garcia. So, the bar isn't exactly set very high. That said, my preference would be to get either Lindstrom or McCoy in round 2 and move McGovern accordingly to which ever spot is free based on the pick. I don't think Ford is there in the 2nd and 10 is too high for him if we stay there.
    Agreed on Ford draft spot for sure we need to trade back to the Washington range....lol

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    KJ Hamler

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the signing of Callahan negated any chance of receiving a comp pick earlier than the sixth round. Last I saw, DEN was in line for possibly receiving a 5th and 7th round pick before the Callahan signing. Hope I'm wrong though.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but the signing of Callahan negated any chance of receiving a comp pick earlier than the sixth round. Last I saw, DEN was in line for possibly receiving a 5th and 7th round pick before the Callahan signing. Hope I'm wrong though.
    Not really sure what we may have coming. I just mention it because the front office is reportedly considering that as a factor when looking to sign FAs.

19. The Following User High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Texans just picked up AJ McCarron so we can forget about that.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

That sux

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information