Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Bands that Suck

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Hagar kicks ass.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

2. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    That and OU812 are great records.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Any clean living country singer

I like my country dirty, whiskey soaked and smelling of regret

5. The Following 4 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    That and OU812 are great records.
    I thought their stuff was excellent when it was Van Hagar

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Basically if you made late 80s hair metal and your band name isn’t Guns & Roses, you suck.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Great thread.

I disagree with North on Hip Hop but I'll say that 98% of all rap after.. oh around 2006 suck mightily.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I think Bohemian Rhapsody is the most overrated song in history.
    Yeah I agree. It's a good song and I can understand for it's time how it was revolutionary, kinda, but one of the greatest songs ever? It's not even Queen's greatest song. I personally don't think they suck but I'll admit that I only like their hits. And the theme to Flash Gordon.

10. The Following User High Fived Devilspawn For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Basically if you made late 80s hair metal and your band name isn’t Guns & Roses, you suck.
    Whitesnake was good Coverdale is excellent even when he was Deep Purple mk3

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Devilspawn View Post
    And the theme to Flash Gordon.
    :thumb:
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

That's a thumbs up emoji there.
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Prefacing this post: I listen to Taylor Swift, Justin Bieber, and modern pop music unironically and generally hold the opinion that hating on music that people like is a lame and pointless thing to do.

Here are the bands/artists/songs that I mostly hate:

• Just about any metal - There are exceptions. Master of Reality is a great album, for example. But in general metal really gets on my nerves, especially nu-metal and modern metal. Think Five Finger Death Punch, Disturbed, Slipknot, etc.
    • 80s Hair Bands - I listened to this when I was in Jr. High but it gets a big cringe from me now. There are probably a few exceptions, but not many.
    • Culture Club, specifically the song Karma Chameleon.
    • The Thompson Twins, specifically the song Hold Me Now.
    • Techno - I'm talking like rave music and shit like that. Fatboy Slim, etc. No thanks.
    • Eric Clapton - He's talented and probably a nice guy, but boy do I dislike his voice and the tone of his guitar usually.
    • Smoke On The Water - **** that song
    • Steely Dan - Just let me jump off a bridge
    • Overly polished country music - Some of it has grown on me, but in general overproduced country is terrible.
    • 70s pop music - Could there be anything worse than this cheesy singer-songwriter bullshit? Cats In The Cradle? The all-time worst decade for pop music.
    • Jump Around - I'm sick of this song. It's had its time. Let it die.

15. The Following 4 Users High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

I'll agree with Abe in regard to the futility of telling other people what kind of music or what bands suck. Everyone has their own preferences and despite the hatred of a few...if we know the name of the band really well...then there are WAY more people that like it compared to those that don't. Gotta be something to that. So, even some cheesy songs or band or artists still have their value in a playlist, even if just for nostalgia purposes.

All that said, there is one band, that if I never hear again, I'd be perfectly fine with. Not because they are a bad band per se, but because they have been overplayed and vastly overrated in my opinion. Especially in the south. For me...if every media outlet and human being lost every track they owned that was performed by the Eagles...I would be extremely happy. Besides that, I can listen to pretty much anything for a song or two.

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I'll take flak for this but I think Smashing Pumpkins is awful. Billy Corgan's voice should be used to extract information from terrorists. I like singers with unusual voices but Corgan's voice is just bad. He seems to do a really good job of emulating a screeching cat meeting it's ultimate demise.

I can't stand bands in which not only do they suck but all their crappy songs sound the exact same. Green Day wins this atrocious award with me every day of the week.

20. The Following User High Fived WTE For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by WTE View Post
    I can't stand bands in which not only do they suck but all their crappy songs sound the exact same. Green Day wins this atrocious award with me every day of the week.
    Are you feeling like a social tool without a use?

22. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    Prefacing this post: I listen to Taylor Swift, Justin Bieber, and modern pop music unironically and generally hold the opinion that hating on music that people like is a lame and pointless thing to do.

Here are the bands/artists/songs that I mostly hate:

• Just about any metal - There are exceptions. Master of Reality is a great album, for example. But in general metal really gets on my nerves, especially nu-metal and modern metal. Think Five Finger Death Punch, Disturbed, Slipknot, etc.
    • 80s Hair Bands - I listened to this when I was in Jr. High but it gets a big cringe from me now. There are probably a few exceptions, but not many.
    • Culture Club, specifically the song Karma Chameleon.
    • The Thompson Twins, specifically the song Hold Me Now.
    • Techno - I'm talking like rave music and shit like that. Fatboy Slim, etc. No thanks.
    • Eric Clapton - He's talented and probably a nice guy, but boy do I dislike his voice and the tone of his guitar usually.
    • Smoke On The Water - **** that song
    • Steely Dan - Just let me jump off a bridge
    • Overly polished country music - Some of it has grown on me, but in general overproduced country is terrible.
    • 70s pop music - Could there be anything worse than this cheesy singer-songwriter bullshit? Cats In The Cradle? The all-time worst decade for pop music.
    • Jump Around - I'm sick of this song. It's had its time. Let it die.
    "Hating on music is a pointless thing to do."

*Makes longest list of hate in the whole thread*

24. The Following 11 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information