Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Bands that Suck

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    1a - the Beatles

1b - the Dave Matthews band
    I see you, mother******.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

2. The Following 6 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    1a - the Beatles

1b - the Dave Matthews band
    Couldn't have said it better myself.

4. The Following User High Fived WTE For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Nirvana is trash.

6. The Following User High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

SR

Styx

8. The Following User High Fived BroncoNut For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    Nirvana is trash.
    I really like Nirvana.

10. The Following User High Fived BroncoNut For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    Prefacing this post: I listen to Taylor Swift, Justin Bieber, and modern pop music unironically and generally hold the opinion that hating on music that people like is a lame and pointless thing to do.

Here are the bands/artists/songs that I mostly hate:

• Just about any metal - There are exceptions. Master of Reality is a great album, for example. But in general metal really gets on my nerves, especially nu-metal and modern metal. Think Five Finger Death Punch, Disturbed, Slipknot, etc.
    • 80s Hair Bands - I listened to this when I was in Jr. High but it gets a big cringe from me now. There are probably a few exceptions, but not many.
    • Culture Club, specifically the song Karma Chameleon.
    • The Thompson Twins, specifically the song Hold Me Now.
    • Techno - I'm talking like rave music and shit like that. Fatboy Slim, etc. No thanks.
    • Eric Clapton - He's talented and probably a nice guy, but boy do I dislike his voice and the tone of his guitar usually.
    • Smoke On The Water - **** that song
    • Steely Dan - Just let me jump off a bridge
    • Overly polished country music - Some of it has grown on me, but in general overproduced country is terrible.
    • 70s pop music - Could there be anything worse than this cheesy singer-songwriter bullshit? Cats In The Cradle? The all-time worst decade for pop music.
    • Jump Around - I'm sick of this song. It's had its time. Let it die.
    If this thread was titled "posts that suck", this would be the first post in that thread.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

12. The Following 4 Users High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I see you, mother******.
    Those guys would not know good music if it slapped them in the side of the head like a bloody dildo.

14. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by SR View Post
    If this thread was titled "posts that suck", this would be the first post in that thread.
    I think i really need to meet Abe and just help him out with life in general. He needs my guidance so badly right now.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

1) pretty much any country unless I’m hammered drunk
    2) pretty much any hip hop except the beastie boys
    3) Green Day and any other pop punk bullshit like Blink 182, Lit, Sum 41, etc. if you want punk, listen to a real band like the Sex Pistols, Exploited, or the Clash. Brits really do do this better
    4) Marilyn Manson. Loser to the extreme half of whose songs that everyone knows are ******* butchered covers.

BTW, what the F is up with Ghost? I hate them so much for their retarded satanic stage show combined with Eurotrash pop songs. They actually make me laugh and get angry at the same time. Well, except one song - Cirice is friggin dope AF. The rest of their shit is just so bad it’s almost like it was meant to be a joke...

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

18. The Following User High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post

BTW, what the F is up with Ghost? I hate them so much for their retarded satanic stage show combined with Eurotrash pop songs. They actually make me laugh and get angry at the same time. Well, except one song - Cirice is friggin dope AF. The rest of their shit is just so bad it’s almost like it was meant to be a joke...
    Ah now see we cant be friends anymore.....

I will say the last Ghost album was terrible but the first 3 are amazing.

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

I'm not going to bother listing artists in genres I don't like in general anyways. Waste of time, and I don't know them well enough. Not a country guy, not a hip-hop guy, and certainly not a fan of pop, so I couldn't honestly tell you the difference between Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, or Pink.

As far as rock musicians I dislike, well lets start with Bob Dylan and his heinous voice. Others noted on this thread are Billy Corgan and Green Day, and I heartily endorse those sentiments. I even kinda like some Smashing Pumpkins and still hate Billy Corgan's voice. I will add in Bob Seger and Zach De La Rocha of RATM, maybe the worst vocalist in history. I am with Chaz in hoping never to hear the Eagles again. My ex-wife was obsessed with Sting and the Police - I never liked them all that much anyways, and now add to that floods of negative energy and bad memories when I hear 'em. Hair metal was a dismal phase in between the end of both Classic rock and early punk, and the great indy, grunge, and Madchester stuff that came out at the end of the 80's and early 90's, but to me its more uninteresting and duplicative rather than truly bad,

And Buff, while we have had our differences, we will always share our disdain for Bruce ******* Springsteen.

Last, worst song ever is Imagine by John Lennon. I dislike everything possible about that song.
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

21. The Following 3 Users High Fived Dreadnought For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Ah now see we cant be friends anymore.....

I will say the last Ghost album was terrible but the first 3 are amazing.
    I’ve onlyvreally heard the released stuff: Square Hammer, Rats, Dance Macabre, i listened to some stuff off their first album like Stand by Him (which Tobias Forge makes it sound like is the heaviest metal song of all time and it’s so Euro trash not even hard rock. To me, Ghost sounds like a bad ripoff of the Scorpions except that the Scorpions were actually heavier and Forge is no Klaus Meine nor can the “ghouls” hold a candle to Matthias Jabs and Rudolph Schenker on guitar.

Like I said, I do love the song Cirice.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

23. The Following User High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    I’ve onlyvreally heard the released stuff: Square Hammer, Rats, Dance Macabre, i listened to some stuff off their first album like Stand by Him (which Tobias Forge makes it sound like is the heaviest metal song of all time and it’s so Euro trash not even hard rock. To me, Ghost sounds like a bad ripoff of the Scorpions except that the Scorpions were actually heavier and Forge is no Klaus Meine nor can the “ghouls” hold a candle to Matthias Jabs and Rudolph Schenker on guitar.

Like I said, I do love the song Cirice.
    Well, that is kind of what i like about them is that they go with a very nostalgic "classic rock" vibe with their music. But the band is hit or miss with people so its understandable that not everyone will be into it. This is probably my favorite song from them,

25. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought View Post
    I'm not going to bother listing artists in genres I don't like in general anyways. Waste of time, and I don't know them well enough. Not a country guy, not a hip-hop guy, and certainly not a fan of pop, so I couldn't honestly tell you the difference between Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, or Pink.

As far as rock musicians I dislike, well lets start with Bob Dylan and his heinous voice. Others noted on this thread are Billy Corgan and Green Day, and I heartily endorse those sentiments. I even kinda like some Smashing Pumpkins and still hate Billy Corgan's voice. I will add in Bob Seger and Zach De La Rocha of RATM, maybe the worst vocalist in history. I am with Chaz in hoping never to hear the Eagles again. My ex-wife was obsessed with Sting and the Police - I never liked them all that much anyways, and now add to that floods of negative energy and bad memories when I hear 'em. Hair metal was a dismal phase in between the end of both Classic rock and early punk, and the great indy, grunge, and Madchester stuff that came out at the end of the 80's and early 90's, but to me its more uninteresting and duplicative rather than truly bad,

And Buff, while we have had our differences, we will always share our disdain for Bruce ******* Springsteen.

Last, worst song ever is Imagine by John Lennon. I dislike everything possible about that song.
    Yep- except I really like the Eagles, Bob Seger, the Police, RATM, and 80’s hair metal.

80’s hairbands had the best guitarists. Pure ridiculous talent. I miss the guitar heroes.

27. The Following 2 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Quote Originally Posted by SR View Post
    I apologize. I didn't realize you were a Boy George fanboi.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information