Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Favorite concept albums

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    I couldn't tell you. The video was him and another guy in like big fat costumes and it was all about sex. It was odd.
    Hahaha. You have to embrace the absurdity. I know you don't like rap though so I understand. That's his most recent big hit so it's not the best starting place.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I kinda think of rap like speaking Japanese. I once heard that if you don't learn to speak Japanese when you're young and your brain is still moldable then it is nearly impossible to learn. Not even sure if that is actually true but I heard it and it stuck with me. I think rap is kind of the same. I didn't learn to appreciate rap at a young age so there is very little chance I can learn now. The way Japanese sounds like an alien language to me where as other Latin based languages have a faint recognizability to them, rap doesn't even really sound like music to my ear.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

It was this
    Pretty compelling imo. I don't take things as seriously as some. As a statement on contemporary mores, it's quite brilliant. Projecting Kanye into the words he speaks (I like the qik f**), it's a bit inane and trashy. Not sure what to make of it, but it capture a lot of what people are thinking these days, and it's kind of a shame.

It's brilliant in the same way a good Pravda facebook meme is. You hate it if the meaning matters, but admire it if you are agnostic to social affect. But then you think 'who wants art that destroys the value of meaning itself?'

Wait wut.

So about Dark Side of the Moon...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I kinda think of rap like speaking Japanese. I once heard that if you don't learn to speak Japanese when you're young and your brain is still moldable then it is nearly impossible to learn. Not even sure if that is actually true but I heard it and it stuck with me. I think rap is kind of the same. I didn't learn to appreciate rap at a young age so there is very little chance I can learn now. The way Japanese sounds like an alien language to me where as other Latin based languages have a faint recognizability to them, rap doesn't even really sound like music to my ear.
    :subscribes to Rosetta Stone, 'Japanese I':
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    :subscribes to Rosetta Stone, 'Japanese I':
    Or a speak and spell. Lol

7. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Interesting. I learned to like rap. I think if you listened to it all the time for a few weeks, you might be forced to appreciate it at least. Maybe not. It's probably not high on your priority list anyway.

Point being Kanye is a revolutionary musical figure and haters gonna hate!

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

alright knuckleheads.

I got one for ya.

Eagles - Hotel California.

IS NOT a concept album. Just some good songs strung together. Although the B-side has a soul.

What about Fleetwood Mac Rumours? This one has been torturing me since I raised the question.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

alright knuckleheads.

I got one for ya.

Eagles - Hotel California.

IS NOT a concept album. Just some good songs strung together. Although the B-side has a soul.

What about Fleetwood Mac Rumours? This one has been torturing me since I raised the question.

That probably can apply to any album that someone considers a classic correct?

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Kanye West is nothing more than an egomaniacal shock jock.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    That probably can apply to any album that someone considers a classic correct?
    I don't know? What gives an album an identity? A forced narrative or boorishly imposed 'concept'? Segues and linkage between tracks? The silence between two tracks, does that matter?

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    King Diamond- Them
    Queensryche- Operation Mindcrime
    Devin Townsend- Ziltoid the Omniscient
    Styx- Paradise Theatre
    Opeth- Still Life
    Fear Factory- Obsolete
    Ayreon- 01011001
    Mastodon- Blood Mountain
    Sepultura- Kairos
    Pink Floyd- Darkside of the Moon
    Camel- Moonmadness
    Edge of Sanity- Crimson
    Nevermore- Dreaming Neon Black
    Was waiting for your take
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

14. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    King Diamond - Abigail
    Dude.
    Yea bro

Greenday - Dookie

This came out when I was 13, and my god was it glorious, said the rez boy from wtf Montana.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

17. The Following User High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

The only list Green Day needs to be on is the wet garbage on a hot day heap of shit list.

19. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    So, this will sound crazy, but American Idiot album from Green Day. Mostly because given their beginnings and style of music I never imagined in the 90s they'd still be making music on that level 20 years later, much less an album like that with many interlaced songs, themes, etc.

It's a hell of an album start to finish
    See previous post, but this is their best album. The story is even better. After there last album, Warning (which in fact, does suck) sucked, they spent a bunch of time (years) getting a new album together. Somehow all the music was stolen or some shit (no really, Google it) and they said **** it and threw American Idiot together in like 3 months, and it's a brilliant rock opera.

It gets a lot of shit for political reasons, but if you even close to the badass lvl of Davii (lol, good luck) and can put any preconceived political feelings aside its brilliant album.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information