Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    What's wrong with style?
    It ain't got shit on substance.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    It ain't got shit on substance.
    Do you listen to anything that is lacking a bit in substance?

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    Do you listen to anything that is lacking a bit in substance?
    I'm sure I do, but I don't classify it as the greatest music of all time the way Beatles fans do.

I've just always hated the Beatles. I hear them and I just can't understand the hype at all. The stones are a clearly superior band.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Oh, and I love to be especially harsh in Beatles threads because MO eventually loses it. It's hysterical.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Oh, and I love to be especially harsh in Beatles threads because MO eventually loses it. It's hysterical.
    Your takes are hilariously bad on the subject. To say the most prolific No. 1 charting songwriters have no substance is just purely absurd.

I’ve been mostly laughing at the nonsense this afternoon knowing you were trying to troll.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Chaz, do you mind defining 'substance' in this context?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    It really is. It became apparent when I tried making a list and I got to thinking...this is oil and water. Beatles hit me in a kind of introverted intimate way, Stones speak more to my asskicker ethos.
    The Beatles were considered rock, but really they're pop by today's standards. The Stones are definitely rock, with a bit of pop mixed in but only on a few of their hits. Different genre's.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Chaz, do you mind defining 'substance' in this context?
    Its like the difference between a jingle intended to sell lip gloss to teenage girls and a National Anthem.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Its like the difference between a jingle intended to sell lip gloss to teenage girls and a National Anthem.
    So it's a matter of compositional depth? I don't think that definition holds--Tumbling Dice is an exquisitely simple blues tune. Both bands are supremely catchy in that sense. Perhaps musicianship is the angle you are trying to hit? I think more experts would give the nod to the brilliance of Beatle song composition as compared to Stones. There are actually a lot of inventive chord concepts in the Beatles discog...stuff that had not been done to that point.
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I think many equate the Beatles with boy bands and write them off as not manly enough to openly appreciate. Sexual identity posturing. That's never made sense to me, but I'll admit I'm into the music itself and not the social context.

14. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

I think many equate the Beatles with boy bands and write them off as not manly enough to openly appreciate. Sexual identity posturing. That's never made sense to me, but I'll admit I'm into the music itself and not the social context.
    I'll admit. When I think of the Beatles, I think of it as my Mom's music when she was in high school. She graduated in '67, so not sure the years when the Beatles were big time.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

This.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I don't care about manly enough. I call them a boyband because there's a contrived feeling to them for me. I like a lot of music that wouldn't be considered manly.

It's all subjective though isn't it. There's no scientific formula to figure out which music is good and which isn't.

All we can really know for sure is that if MO likes it it sucks.

19. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Music is a very personal thing. Almost religious. There's no right or wrong. Just opinion and taste.

As a side note, Amazon has Fleetwood Mac: The Dance concert available. Yes, I spent 2 hours watching it.

21. The Following 4 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information