Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Chiefs receiver Tyreek Hill under investigation for alleged battery

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    what does that mean - every day to be sunday?

Is it a reference to religious people only being "good" one day in the week?
    I think he's referring to this idea of playing a violent game but turning that violence off when not playing said game.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    I think he's referring to this idea of playing a violent game but turning that violence off when not playing said game.
    Gotcha.

Makes sense now.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

I really despise child abusers.

5. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

But, but...if he can catch a football and run really really fast with it, then these things can be overlooked - right? Right?
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

7. The Following User High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    what does that mean - every day to be sunday?

Is it a reference to religious people only being "good" one day in the week?
    Every day to be a big game under the lights with lots of adrenaline and violence where said person thrives.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Every day to be a big game under the lights with lots of adrenaline and violence where said person thrives.
    I can't comprehend abusing a child, or woman, regardless the job. I know many Marines, Soldiers, PJs, etc that sees a lot more violence than any NFL player, and they treat their family like gold. I'm sure you know those same folks as well. It's the individual with the issue.

10. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    I can't comprehend abusing a child, or woman, regardless the job. I know man Marines, Soldiers, PJs, etc that sees a lot more violence than an NFL player, and they treat their family like gold. I'm sure you know those same folks as well. It's the individual with the issue.
    Of course.

He's really good at football though. If only he could spend all his time there, that's my point.
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

12. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Of course.

He's really good at football though. If only he could spend all his time there, that's my point.
    I did understand your point. It was a good one. But, there are deeper issues needing attention for Hill. I'm sure we agree on this, too.

14. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Is it wrong to want to be a vigilante against child abusers?

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Is it wrong to want to be a vigilante against child abusers?
    Nope. That's exactly how I felt during my first criminal law class. I remember one case in particular I felt a visceral reaction. I'll see if I can find the case and the language.

17. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I can't find it. The gist:

Boy is 4 years old, father has history of violent punishment (abuse). Something goes sideways with mother and father, father is lathered up. Ends up breaking his bones, burning his hands on lit stove, and striking him in the head causing skull fracture and death. The part that just tore at me was that during this outburst, the kid says 'no daddy, I love you, I'll be good!' God I just wanted to take up vengeance.

19. The Following 4 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Boy is 4 years old, father has history of violent punishment (abuse). Something goes sideways with mother and father, father is lathered up. Ends up breaking his bones, burning his hands on lit stove, and striking him in the head causing skull fracture and death. The part that just tore at me was that during this outburst, the kid says 'no daddy, I love you, I'll be good!' God I just wanted to take up vengeance.
    Terrible. You & King have tough jobs. Also, Dave.

I couldn't do it. I'd be thrown in jail for strangling the life out of that coward.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

What's the point of burning the boy's hands on the stove? Children cry when pain is inflicted. It doesn't make them more quiet. Hoping the perp got his while in the slammer. I'm told even ruthless butchers view child killers with a certain level of disgust.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Break a kids arm.... Everyone loses their mind

Beat a kid with a switch..... Only half the population thinks there is a problem

Suggest that children should never experience violence at the hands of an adult.........you are a doogooding hippie

It's crazy how we all think we hold a balanced and righteous position on this, yet even something like assaulting a child carries significant social nuance

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information