Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Tom Nalen on Losing Matt Paradis and on Garrett Bolles' Play!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    McGovern has only started a handful of games at C, he can get better.
    Maybe. I don't know. Orlando Franklin kept watching him on tape and saying "he doesn't play like a center. He plays like a G." Maybe they can fix that.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Everything here is complete speculation. You can’t possibly even look at how a guy played last year and compare it to how he’ll play this year. We now have one of the best OL coaches in the league. Something we haven’t had since Alex Gibbs. Having Musgrave as the OL coach is like swapping VJ for Belichick and not expecting improvement.

I’m in wait and see mode with this coaching staff but I’m optimistic that this staff with their long history of success will make a huge difference over the guys we just got rid of who have no idea what success really is. VJ and his staff were terrible - worst staff in the league - and still won 6 games last year.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

3. The Following User High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    Everything here is complete speculation. You can’t possibly even look at how a guy played last year and compare it to how he’ll play this year. We now have one of the best OL coaches in the league. Something we haven’t had since Alex Gibbs. Having Musgrave as the OL coach is like swapping VJ for Belichick and not expecting improvement.

I’m in wait and see mode with this coaching staff but I’m optimistic that this staff with their long history of success will make a huge difference over the guys we just got rid of who have no idea what success really is. VJ and his staff were terrible - worst staff in the league - and still won 6 games last year.
    That's the operating theory. Hire Munchak and have him whip the feeble OL into shape. Maybe it will work. He's gotten improved OL play everywhere he's coached before.

And Garrett Bolles does have elite athleticism, but he also is a complete bonehead with horrible technique who gets multiple holding penalties on successive plays.

Mark Schlereth insists that he blatantly held on three successive plays against the Chargers but the ref didn't call the last one purely out of pity, even though that hold was the worst of the three.

I'm not a former OL with 12 years experience and multiple SB rings, so what do I know? I just watch and see Bolles sucking all the time.

5. The Following User High Fived Cugel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Maybe. I don't know. Orlando Franklin kept watching him on tape and saying "he doesn't play like a center. He plays like a G." Maybe they can fix that.
    Did he elaborate? And did he play with Paradis, can’t remember?

One thing I know about former OL teammates, from listening to Ryan Harris, is they’re not exactly objective. If Deebo is anywhere close to being as biased as RH then his opinion can’t be taken seriously.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information