Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Great 2019 top 7 QB Draft Class Review

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    We did miss last years class in some ways, but only Darnold and Mayfield were actually worth top picks. Allen had huge question marks as did Jackson. Rosen bombed his visit with The broncos apparently from a character standpoint, so I cant really fault them for passing on a guy they didn't like....we really got burned by not trading up early.....We should have gone for it, but Kubiak sold Elway on Case, I think that's a bigger reason why Kubiak is no longer in Denver as well.....
    It's an interesting dynamic that we actually see unfolding right now. With old school guys like Kubiak...they want their types of guys or guys they know from previous roles that they think can be good, regardless of proof. With Fangio...even though he has an old school mentality...we get players that fit the system and actually want to play for him. So, he doesn't have to sell Elway on players...they sell themselves.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    It's an interesting dynamic that we actually see unfolding right now. With old school guys like Kubiak...they want their types of guys or guys they know from previous roles that they think can be good, regardless of proof. With Fangio...even though he has an old school mentality...we get players that fit the system and actually want to play for him. So, he doesn't have to sell Elway on players...they sell themselves.
    Yeah agreed, its nice to hear a coach talking about adjusting to what players do best rather then square peg them into a round hole like Musgrave and VJ and woods attempted to do.....
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

4. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Which is an interesting take at the NFL level. It use to drive me crazy watching my boys play high school football because the coach would always try to get the players to conform to his system. As a high school coach, you are a slave to the talent in your city and if the next class isn't a speed class, you should move to a power game...or vice versa. But he would always try to get big and slow players to be speed players and force kids into roles they don't need to be in. One of my twins earned all district honors at TE as a junior and was moved to guard as a senior. What?!?!? In college, you have a little more latitude in recruiting kids that fit what you are doing, but you can still figure out a way to find a role for them. But in the NFL, coaches typically take players that fit a 3-4 or a 4-3 or ZBS, etc. But with Fangio, players want to play for him and he is willing to make adjustments to get a player to fit into his system. Not something that typically happens in the NFL.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

http://www.walterfootball.com/scouti...19cthorson.php

Interesting to see what happens draft day with Thorson I have been saying rd 3 from the get go, now there is talk of rd 2.....

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Will he get picked ahead of D. Jones?

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    I don’t think so. I think jones will be QB 4 taken late rd1, early rd 2. Thorson I think will go late 2nd early 3rd.

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    D Jones is the wildcard QB in the first round. He could go as high as 6 to the Giants, or drop down as low as the 20's. Either way, he goes ahead of Thorson.

11. The Following User High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information