Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Great 2019 top 7 QB Draft Class Review

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Default Great 2019 top 7 QB Draft Class Review

So this is a review that's been done the last couple years by Charlie Campbell at Walterfootball.com. I have heard how a lot of people don't like walterfootball, but they have a pretty good track record and spend a insane amount of time evaluating every aspect of the draft and FA. Walter sometimes tends to be a bit of a opinionated hack, but still usually provides some good insight and reasoning. Charlie Campbell however spends every off-season at the Shrine game, the senior bowl, the combine, at pro days, and doing interviews with various NFL scouts and personnel. He is read in pretty well in NFL draft circles and he has a pretty good draft pedigree.

Below is the link for a Position Review of QB of the top 7 2019 QB draft prospects in his eyes. Its a pretty worthwhile read. I'm sure many will have their own opinions, but hopefully you get some takeaways from it.

http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2...onreviewQB.php
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

2. The Following 5 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Many will have and do have polarizing opinions about this draft class at QB, but for me this just enhances that I would Love Lock or Thorson in Denver. However I am intrigued by Stidham, Tyree Jackson and Shurmur in the later rds. I also could understand Rypien later for development if he has a good visit with Denver. I would walk away from this draft with a better mindset at QB if we take 1 of these guys to groom. In my eyes its not the class of last year at the top or the supposed golden jewel 2020 1st rd class. With good coaching however I think we could get the guy were looking for in one of these 6 prospects.

I do like that this QB class has a lot of leadership, intangibles and work ethic. Those are good signs of being coachable and wanting to improve your game. With the new college offenses its very rare to find a plug and play QB that doesn't need development from College to the Pros. You can still develop a Franchise QB, by finding a guy that wants to work hard, has a NFL starter skillset, and has good intangibles and work ethic. There are QB's in this draft class that fit that and can help us.

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

The guy at the link seems to like Daniel Jones more than Drew Lock. He fails to see whatever the draftniks see in Haskins.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    The guy at the link seems to like Daniel Jones more than Drew Lock. He fails to see whatever the draftniks see in Haskins.
    I think the draft community loves Haskins accuracy and intangibles, but he isn't mobile as stated and he is quite raw, also being in a urban Meyer system doesn't guarantee success in the pros. I like Haskins but I am also concerned about the system he played in. The bottom line is he is the best throwing QB urban Meyer has ever had, but it is also the same Urban Meyer System that hasn't panned out for a dozen or so QB's in the Pro's. There is valid concern there. As for Jones, I think its more about the prospect he likes for the pros vs the draft spot he is going to be taken in.

I guess the big thing is all the QB prospects this year have flaws and as a GM they just have to decide which flaws they are willing to work with and coach, and which flaws they are okay with.

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Thorson seems like a great day 3 pickup.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

7. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

I think the biggest thing to worry about when it comes to waiting until the next year for a better QB draft is that eventually...Brady, Roeth, Manning, Rivers are going to retire. So, on top of the standard 10-12 teams that could use a QB upgrade, you'll have a handful of teams that have been ignored as needing a QB added to that mix. Going to be a lot of competition.

So, if Elway can fill out some more needs with other FA's, I'm certainly content with him drafting Lock and stashing him until Flacco is done. It's either that or pray Joe either plays well for 3-4 years...or flames out and we end up with a top 5 pick. Anything in between could be dangerous.

9. The Following 3 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    I think the biggest thing to worry about when it comes to waiting until the next year for a better QB draft is that eventually...Brady, Roeth, Manning, Rivers are going to retire. So, on top of the standard 10-12 teams that could use a QB upgrade, you'll have a handful of teams that have been ignored as needing a QB added to that mix. Going to be a lot of competition.

So, if Elway can fill out some more needs with other FA's, I'm certainly content with him drafting Lock and stashing him until Flacco is done. It's either that or pray Joe either plays well for 3-4 years...or flames out and we end up with a top 5 pick. Anything in between could be dangerous.

Good point, and good post, Coach.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Yes exactly, well put! Even if it’s not lock we need to try and develop a guy from this draft, because if we go 8-8 we sure ain’t getting a top 5 pick without trading the farm, and Flacco will be on the hot seat most likely....not good for Denver either way

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I think we take a QB this year. Whether it's at 10 or later, who knows.

Some of the FA signings might open the door to go QB at 10 if there is one there that the new staff likes. From what I understand this is a good year for defensive players.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Like: merging of multiple class ranks which I discussed a few weeks ago. I wonder how 2020 fits in with Tua, Eason, Fromm and Herbert.

Dislike: Daniel Jones love fest. Wasn't everyone saying how bad his arm was at the Senior Bowl and how he couldn't make all the throws?

14. The Following User High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

I think Walter Football needs a few more ads, how bout you guys?
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    I think Walter Football needs a few more ads, how bout you guys?
    Yeah, I've been timing my casseroles based on the page load time, but they are consistently undercooked. Maybe a few more layers of cookies and ad server exchanges would help.

17. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Yeah, I've been timing my casseroles based on the page load time, but they are consistently undercooked. Maybe a few more layers of cookies and ad server exchanges would help.
    My iPad keeps reloading, it can’t render all that shit at once.
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I use an ad-blocker. It counted 84 ads from that link.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    I use an ad-blocker. It counted 84 ads from that link.
    What? You ... what?

You can do that?
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information