Thread: Facebook, Instagram go down around the world in apparent outage, but back up for some

Default Facebook, Instagram go down around the world in apparent outage, but back up for some

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/...ge/3151883002/

Roland Dobbins, an engineer with network performance firm Netscout said the outage was due to an accidental traffic jam issue with a European internet company that collided with Facebook and other websites.

"While not malicious in nature, such events can prove disruptive on a widespread basis," he said.

This really sucks. It may not seem like a big deal unless you use your Facebook to log in to other services. Bleacher Report Live carries the Champions League. I wasn’t able to watch through that because I log in through my Facebook. Luckily, it was showing in TNT also and I logged in to that app.

2. The Following User High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

With our "Cyclone Bomb" storm in Denver today the City was closed down and I had to post updates and assist social media. It was a pain in the butt for a while on top of everything else for that to be down. People LOVE their twitter updates about closures, plows, etc.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

I didn't notice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

5. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    I didn't notice.
    How will people know what you ate for dinner?

7. The Following 3 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    How will people know what you ate for dinner?

I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I noticed as i do a lot of networking on FB but it was only down for a few hours. Its back up now and life can carry on.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I noticed as i do a lot of networking on FB but it was only down for a few hours. Its back up now and life can carry on.
    Say for instance CBS or Fox had a Broncos playoff game and you could sign in with your Facebook log in to watch it. Would it be a big deal then? Mine was messed up at 3 and still messing up close to midnight. I guess that was a few hours.

I’m hoping I can change my account setting on Bleacher Report. This was definitely a wake up call.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    Say for instance CBS or Fox had a Broncos playoff game and you could sign in with your Facebook log in to watch it. Would it be a big deal then? Mine was messed up at 3 and still messing up close to midnight. I guess that was a few hours.

I’m hoping I can change my account setting on Bleacher Report. This was definitely a wake up call.
    Hard to say, ive never really had to log into FB for anything that i view online like that. I mean, ive watched the World Cup on CBS i think but didnt need to access FB to do that so im not sure why you need to do that personally. Is this something you have to do through your phone im assuming? I mean, it would be a bit annoying but considering that FB isnt down all that often it i would be hard pressed to be that upset about it. I would probably have a bigger grievance if my cable provider went down in general over one specific website. IMO

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Hard to say, ive never really had to log into FB for anything that i view online like that. I mean, ive watched the World Cup on CBS i think but didnt need to access FB to do that so im not sure why you need to do that personally. Is this something you have to do through your phone im assuming? I mean, it would be a bit annoying but considering that FB isnt down all that often it i would be hard pressed to be that upset about it. I would probably have a bigger grievance if my cable provider went down in general over one specific website. IMO
    When you set up your account initially it normally gives you the option of setting it up to log in using Facebook. If you set it up like that it's how you log in, as long as you're logged into Facebook it will automatically log you in. If not, you must log in to Facebook and if it's down you can't log in

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Don't have a Facebook account so I was entirely unaffected. Say hello to the Chinese spies for me.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    Don't have a Facebook account so I was entirely unaffected. Say hello to the Chinese spies for me.
    Are you sure? If we tell them you said hi you'll be on their list.

It's too late... they're on to you!

18. The Following 3 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    I didn't notice.
    Notice what?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    You're so cool.

21. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information