Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos sign T JaWuan James

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Pretty much this.
    Since he's not on the coaching I wait for them to make the decision.

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    Since he's not on the coaching I wait for them to make the decision.
    They already made the decision when Elway drafted him. When has Elway ever admitted that his brilliant draft picks were busts -- until their utter failure forced him to do so?

Example #1: Paxton. When Elway failed to draft a QB in 2018 draft he was asked why. His answer: "We're not kicking Paxton to the curb." He still insisted on developing Paxton -- even though everybody in the known universe not named John Elway could see he was a bust. He refused to admit it and insisted they give him one more chance in training camp and the pre-season. It was hopeless of course.

Just ego and a refusal to admit mistakes. Bolles is something similar. He's better than Paxton but not starter caliber LT and he's certainly not lived up to his 1st round draft pick. They will stick with him until he proves conclusively that he can't do it. They didn't get anybody who can replace him at LT in case he busts again, so he's your stater. It's either going to work or its not.

Unless he turns it completely around this off-season this will be the year he proves he can't play in this league and they have to move him to G or something.

3. The Following User High Fived Cugel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

God forbid Bolles gets hurt.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

They already made the decision when Elway drafted him. When has Elway ever admitted that his brilliant draft picks were busts -- until their utter failure forced him to do so?

Example #1: Paxton. When Elway failed to draft a QB in 2018 draft he was asked why. His answer: "We're not kicking Paxton to the curb." He still insisted on developing Paxton -- even though everybody in the known universe not named John Elway could see he was a bust. He refused to admit it and insisted they give him one more chance in training camp and the pre-season. It was hopeless of course.

Just ego and a refusal to admit mistakes. Bolles is something similar. He's better than Paxton but not starter caliber LT and he's certainly not lived up to his 1st round draft pick. They will stick with him until he proves conclusively that he can't do it. They didn't get anybody who can replace him at LT in case he busts again, so he's your stater. It's either going to work or its not.

Unless he turns it completely around this off-season this will be the year he proves he can't play in this league and they have to move him to G or something.

There are actually very little quality starting LT's in the League. even more so at RT, they just aren't developed very well in college anymore with all the gadget offenses and spread looks.....For me Bolles wasn't a bad pick, and its actually a saving grace we have him, as the FA class and draft class were pretty thin as well. To me he is a avg starting LT that needs to be more consistent, he has flashes of brilliance followed by dumb obnoxious mistakes......hopefully Munchack will be a help here. If not we move on.....

The only true draft pick I think Elway refused to give up on has been Paxton, Bolles cares about his craft he just Ain't amazing at it. Paxton gave zero shit about his craft and wasn't very good either.....

Don't get it wrong though, our OL is not close to strong, but our starting options with Munchack can provide a solid OL....if there are any injuries though we could be screwed.....
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

6. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Like I said, the Coaching Staff and VJ did far more damage setting the Franchise back there is no barometer for this. Again, Elways fault too, but VJ was his biggest mistake. Im thrilled with Fangio and Elway realizing his mistakes.

All it will take is some success this year to erase the last two years.

If they don't finish 9-7 at least with the minimum of a promise of something to build on for the future, then the Season was another lost year.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

9. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    There are actually very little quality starting LT's in the League. even more so at RT, they just aren't developed very well in college anymore with all the gadget offenses and spread looks.....For me Bolles wasn't a bad pick, and its actually a saving grace we have him, as the FA class and draft class were pretty thin as well. To me he is a avg starting LT that needs to be more consistent, he has flashes of brilliance followed by dumb obnoxious mistakes......hopefully Munchack will be a help here. If not we move on.....

The only true draft pick I think Elway refused to give up on has been Paxton, Bolles cares about his craft he just Ain't amazing at it. Paxton gave zero shit about his craft and wasn't very good either.....

Don't get it wrong though, our OL is not close to strong, but our starting options with Munchack can provide a solid OL....if there are any injuries though we could be screwed.....
    Everything on that OL should be fine IF Bolles is OK at LT. It all depends on that.

At LG Dalton Risner is penciled in as starter already.

At C they expect Connor McGovern to take over and be adequate in replacement of Paradis. It's his job not to have too much of a drop off in play at the C position. It's a gamble not re-signing Paradis, and one they may come to regret if McGovern doesn't do well. But, for now they think they're fine at C.

At RG -- Elijah Wilkinson? A wild stab in the dark there. If they don't keep Ron Leary and move him to RG, and cutting Leary would cost them around $7 million, but keeping him will cost them $9m.

I don't know that Elway views Ron Leary as being worth $9.2 million this season. That is wildly overpaying considering how injured he's been, and not playing great when he was on the field. Definitely under-performing expectations was our Ron Leary, for whatever reason. Entering into his contract year he would like to change that, but I can't believe they will agree to pay him $9.2m.

I would think they would try and re-negotiate him downward, but they could just bite the bullet and keep him around for his last year because they're already into him for $7.1 million. That's the dead cap hit if they let him go.

So they might conclude: "might as well spend the additional $2.1 million and keep him rather than pay him $7.1 million this season to play golf."

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Risner was playing RG in OTA’s, I believe, the immortal Dan Barclay was running first string LG.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Everything on that OL should be fine IF Bolles is OK at LT. It all depends on that.

At LG Dalton Risner is penciled in as starter already.

At C they expect Connor McGovern to take over and be adequate in replacement of Paradis. It's his job not to have too much of a drop off in play at the C position. It's a gamble not re-signing Paradis, and one they may come to regret if McGovern doesn't do well. But, for now they think they're fine at C.

At RG -- Elijah Wilkinson? A wild stab in the dark there. If they don't keep Ron Leary and move him to RG, and cutting Leary would cost them around $7 million, but keeping him will cost them $9m.

I don't know that Elway views Ron Leary as being worth $9.2 million this season. That is wildly overpaying considering how injured he's been, and not playing great when he was on the field. Definitely under-performing expectations was our Ron Leary, for whatever reason. Entering into his contract year he would like to change that, but I can't believe they will agree to pay him $9.2m.

I would think they would try and re-negotiate him downward, but they could just bite the bullet and keep him around for his last year because they're already into him for $7.1 million. That's the dead cap hit if they let him go.

So they might conclude: "might as well spend the additional $2.1 million and keep him rather than pay him $7.1 million this season to play golf."
    The OL is set-up to be Boles at LT, Leary at LG, McGovern at center, Risner at RG, and James at RT, the changes might be swapping Bolles or Leary out for Risner perhaps, Leary however is going nowhere if he shows he is healthy, his salary was guaranteed this year because of his injury last year, he will either be a starter or back-up as we have to pay him this year regardless, so we will use him if he shows anything as it would be better then Dan Barclay me thinks.....Then let Leary leave the books next year and help our comp picks out....

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Risner was playing RG in OTA’s, I believe, the immortal Dan Barclay was running first string LG.
    Leary will be in there for TC or week 1, i think.....no idea if that will work out for the season, but he has proven to be good before. If he stays healthy he could help us inside.....

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

14. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Bolles is terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    The OL is set-up to be Boles at LT, Leary at LG, McGovern at center, Risner at RG, and James at RT, the changes might be swapping Bolles or Leary out for Risner perhaps, Leary however is going nowhere if he shows he is healthy, his salary was guaranteed this year because of his injury last year, he will either be a starter or back-up as we have to pay him this year regardless, so we will use him if he shows anything as it would be better then Dan Barclay me thinks.....Then let Leary leave the books next year and help our comp picks out....
    I have heard that the team is very pleased with Risner currently. Looking forward to seeing him on the field.

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived Mike For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

“I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

19. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

SR

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Bolles is terrible.
    Munchaks masterpiece will be making Bolles average.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Update from Leary at Minicamp is that he is going to stay at RG and Dalton will be LG....

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

22. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information