Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13

Thread: Broncos sign T JaWuan James

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    The convincing metric, was science

I just hated how he was a cripple, didn’t practice, then would play and get graded as good yet the line was terrible.....I believe the line was terrible with him because they never practiced together and as a result, I hate him forever

Simples
    The OL was bad with him because the players on the OL sucked, not because of Paradis. It's not complex.

They kept drafting guys who sucked like Garrett Bolles and Ty Sambrailo, while signing big $ FAs who sucked like Menelik Watson, Donald Stephenson, and Ron Leary.

One Dalton Risner doesn't make up for about 10 years of failure.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Paradis has played more snaps than any other Panther lineman. He's missed about 10 snaps all year.

As far as playing well, it's hard to judge. This is a good write-up that hits on the good and bad. The conclusion from that writer is that Paradis has done well with what he's been asked to do.

https://theriotreport.com/film-break...-in-paradis/2/
    I don't watch all their games, I was going off published articles from Panthers beat writers who argued that Paradis hasn't had a good season.

But, obviously he is better than Connor McGovern. I don't remember DTs yelling at Paradis at the end of games "Do you remember my name NOW?!" after blowing right by him up the middle.

Elway decided to go with the cheaper option and it didn't work out. Like most of his personnel decisions.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    I don't watch all their games, I was going off published articles from Panthers beat writers who argued that Paradis hasn't had a good season.

But, obviously he is better than Connor McGovern. I don't remember DTs yelling at Paradis at the end of games "Do you remember my name NOW?!" after blowing right by him up the middle.

Elway decided to go with the cheaper option and it didn't work out. Like most of his personnel decisions.
    Is he better than McGovern? I’m only asking because the OL has been noticeably better since the second he took over for P-Stiff last season, they still suck in Pass Pro but they’re much better in the run and the C isn’t getting trucked by smaller DL’s and out-quicked by bigger DL.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

4. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Here’s another problem with PFF rankings, they’re comparing C’s in different systems with different expectations ... in an outside zone the C has to reach block and get then out to 2nd level but even if he gets beat as long as the defender stays blocked it doesn’t hurt his grade, in gap/power if a C gets beat he failed and it hurts his grade.

There’s a reason ZBS practitioners aren’t picky about offensive lineman.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

6. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Here’s another problem with PFF rankings, they’re comparing C’s in different systems with different expectations ... in an outside zone the C has to reach block and get then out to 2nd level but even if he gets beat as long as the defender stays blocked it doesn’t hurt his grade, in gap/power if a C gets beat he failed and it hurts his grade.

There’s a reason ZBS practitioners aren’t picky about offensive lineman.
    This is starting to change under newer variations of the scheme. To paraphrase you from a few years ago "I hate what they think they need in OL," referring to a past OL coach and OC. One of my favorite aspects of updated versions of older offenses is that OL's are starting shirk the undersized OL requirement.

Regarding your comment, are you sure that's how it's graded?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    This is starting to change under newer variations of the scheme. To paraphrase you from a few years ago "I hate what they think they need in OL," referring to a past OL coach and OC. One of my favorite aspects of updated versions of older offenses is that OL's are starting shirk the undersized OL requirement.

Regarding your comment, are you sure that's how it's graded?
    You’re right that I was right about how they thought they needed shit OL and I’m right that I was right about that not needed shit OL and I’m right that PFF grading system is apple/oranges.

They’re grading assignments and ZBS assignments are different, Stink says you can have 5 shitty linemen as long as those shitty linemen are shitty together. That goes to out the window when those shitty linemen are asked to do something else ... like pass pro and short/goal line.

Kubiak has a hardon for shitty linemen, it’s far easier for shitty linemen to grade above their ability in a ZBS.
    Last edited by Simple Jaded; 12-07-2019 at 04:00 PM.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

10. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

P-Stiff was supposed to be “country strong” coming out of Blue Field State ... he’s not.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

12. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information