Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos sign T JaWuan James

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Default Broncos sign T JaWuan James

That's a lotta money for a right tackle... But now we've addressed the two biggest holes in DB and offensive line. And I'd rather pay a tackle than a center (Paradis).

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Hellz yeah!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Glad the team is going into the draft with needs at DB and RT filled. This team definitely isn't done yet, either.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Good move John
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

At least this means that the Broncos need RG and C. James gets the highest contract for a RT in NFL history. He will have to be very, very good to be worth this much.

But, RT is very important in that many teams have two pass rushers or else DE/OLB who moves around the line to create mismatches against slower Ts. You can't have a slower less able RT any more.

RT and CB were two of the Broncos 3 big needs (along with QB). Now they just need a TE and a RG and they may be able to find a RG in the draft. DOn't have to use a 1st round pick to fill any desperate hole any more.

They could simply draft the best player available at #10 - which might be ILB Devin White.

It is now unlikely to be a T with the 10th overall pick unless Muchak has decided that Bolles is a bust and that they have to replace him.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Paradis still in play

These are the big money FA signings. The $34 million they had under the cap is mostly gone now, and they will be limited to lower tier FA players from this point on, unless they free up some more cap room somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    That's a lotta money for a right tackle... But now we've addressed the two biggest holes in DB and offensive line. And I'd rather pay a tackle than a center (Paradis).

Hell. Who says he won't play LT. Put Bolles at RT. I'd feel a lot better about that scenario!
    I've always felt Bolles would be better on the right side.
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

I don't see Bolles at RT. We'll see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

10. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    You're right. He'd probably make a better Gaurd!
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived turftoad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

thank goodness. . . that's stupid money for james, but our options were extremely limited. . . if we were intending to be competitive this year, something had to be done at RT. . . you can't get forced into drafting for need with your high rounders, especially when they're also early in the round-- you need to maximize those picks. . . we would still really benefit from a more athletic inside 'backer-- that's probably the one true priority that hasn't been addressed yet. . . if we could still fit a KJ wright or collins into the cap, that would be balls. . . and maybe add some low level guys at WR, NT, OG, maybe S or TE. . .

then keep our fingers crossed that james can stay on the field, because that contract quickly turns into an anchor if he can't. . . with plenty of selections in the later rounds, they really need to target a developmental OT with some upside who munchak can start working on. . . need to find an understudy for leary as well, obviously. . . lots of work to do, still. . . but it's good to see us at least get a bit of lifting out of the way today, while capable starters were still available. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

14. The Following 9 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    turf, we love ya, brother. . . but bolles is the left tackle, man. . . it'll hurt less when you just accept it. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

16. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    turf, we love ya, brother. . . but bolles is the left tackle, man. . . it'll hurt less when you just accept it. . .
    I have. And it hurts buddy!
    He may be a LT bit not a true franchise type LT. Let's not fool ourselves.
    Bill Williamson:

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived turftoad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by turftoad View Post
    I have. And it hurts buddy!
    He may be a LT bit not a true franchise type LT. Let's not fool ourselves.
    oh, i'm not. . . i've just accepted that there AREN'T any franchise tackles anymore. . . maybe tyron smith when he was fully healthy, but i don't see a single OT in the league right now who will get even the slightest consideration for the HOF when he's done. . . joe thomas was the last of the mohicans. . . that's obviously not to say that there aren't plenty of guys who are better than bolles. . . but true franchise type tackles? i don't see many, if any, around the league. . .
    - John Elway

20. The Following 3 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information