Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos sign T JaWuan James

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Elway signed Stephenson for $14 million over 3 years in 2016. Franklin signed with the Chargers for $36 million over 5 years and $20 million guaranteed in 2015...

Granted, Stephenson was terrible - but the deals weren't really close, let alone "a lot more money."
    He said on the radio yesterday that he told his agent when he got the FA deal with the Chargers "tell the Broncos I will come back for less." They weren't interested. They wanted Stephenson.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    He said on the radio yesterday that he told his agent when he got the FA deal with the Chargers "tell the Broncos I will come back for less." They weren't interested. They wanted Stephenson.
    Did he say that or you are interpreting what he said as Denver wasn't interested?
    Last edited by TXBRONC; 03-13-2019 at 04:46 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Most important for me is how they answer the question 'can I trust this guy?' Orlando says some obvious shit, but I feel like he's got my back. If that makes sense.
    debo is definitely that dude you want on your side in a dark alley, or a bar fight. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

4. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Jake Butt

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    I could see that, but I would be pretty upset if a franchise QB was there and we passed for a TE....We can have Kelce 2.0 all day but if we cant fix QB it wont matter. Also heard Detroit has interest in him as well as Buffalo....good for him if he goes that high....
    10 Is too rich for a TE unless it’s a generational prospect. This dude is not generational that I know Of.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

White, Haskins, Lock or trade back. We can help our team soooooo much if we gain early picks in this draft. I really like Risner and the 3 big TEs if my top 3 aren't around. Wouldn't be mad if we got the Sooner Guard or Michigan MLB either if we trade back.

We get Risner and Irv Smith or Fant and we are a much better team immediately.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

On the offensive side, Elway and Fangio see James as a player who could potentially fill a void at the right tackle position.

“Like I said, we think he’s a perfect system fit for us,” Elway said. “He’s had five great years down there in Miami, but [we] really think he can solidify that right tackle [position] and that’s our expectation.”

Added Fangio: “[He’s a] good athlete with length and size to him, and I like that he’s in the middle of his career. I think he’s got the chance to be a Bronco for a long time.”
    https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/j...e-of-free-agen
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Anyone listen to Orlando on the fan? He's actually pretty damn good!
    Everyone hates DMac but I’ve been checking in with the Big Al replacements (Orlando, Chad Brown, Nalen).

Orlando was good but Nalen I have really enjoyed. He’s going to be tough to beat.
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

9. The Following User High Fived tomjonesrocks For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I have no clue as to the validity of this, but curious what our local football junkies think:

Report: Dolphins 'laughing' at Broncos for signing Ja'Wuan James

https://247sports.com/nfl/denver-bro...mes-130244536/

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

how can the dolphins be laughing at anyone?

They are the dolphins.

12. The Following 4 Users High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    I have no clue as to the validity of this, but curious what our local football junkies think:

Report: Dolphins 'laughing' at Broncos for signing Ja'Wuan James

https://247sports.com/nfl/denver-bro...mes-130244536/
    Apparently Dolphins fans are denying the validity of it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/miamidolphi...RC&sh=f24d4b3c

Talking s*** about our players as soon as they walk out the door...a timeless Dolphins tradition
    Guessing they're desperate for fans to have the perception that the FO did the right thing
    Who are these "some in Miami", considering we've just had a regime change in the coaching room and there's no around of any real authority who've had hands-on experience coaching James??

Secondly, we've had a LONG LIST of questionable OLinemen in Miami who've required assistance on nearly EVERY passing down since James was drafted by us, but I don't remember (having actually watched the games) that James was ever one of them, other than when he was up against a real stud pass-rusher. Think Dallas Thomas and Billy Turner, Steen, Urbik, Douglas, Bushrod, as well as Sterup and Young in 2018 -- all those guys needed assistance on every down basically. And before James showed up we had some complely disastrous tackles like Jason Fox and Tyson Claybo (<shivers>), and a few other fill-ins who were nearly all absolutely terrible!
    Broncos current assistant O-line coach is our former assistant O-line coach (Chris Kuper). I imagine if there were any truth to this bulls****, he would have sounded the alarm bells.
    seems pretty sensationalist. he might not be the best RT in the game today, but he's far from the worst. he's a good tackle, and there aren't a lot of those out there.
    I'm not real worried about it. Kuper knows him, he'd be well aware if it was as bad as the spin is claiming.

14. The Following 4 Users High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

I have to think Kuper, who is familiar with him, and Munchak were consulted on this before it happened. So, I'm not too worried.

16. The Following 5 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    I have to think Kuper, who is familiar with him, and Munchak were consulted on this before it happened. So, I'm not too worried.
    To be honest I think walterfootball.com has a valid take on the signing:

http://www.walterfootball.com/freeagents2019OT.php

Broncos sign OT Ja'Wuan James (4 years, $52 million): B+ Grade
    There have been many foolish big-money signings today, but this is definitely not one of them. The Broncos made a terrific move in acquiring Ja'Wuan James even though they'll be paying him more than any other right tackle in the NFL.

James was the 18th-ranked player in my Top 100 NFL Free Agents list, and he plays a very important position. He also provides a huge, much-needed upgrade on the offensive line. The Broncos had horrible play at right tackle last year, and this signing will change that.

A couple of other things to consider: James is just 26 (27 in June), so he still has plenty of time to improve his overall game. James has been stellar at times for the Dolphins, though not so much last year because of a strained patellar tendon. He should be 100 percent by training camp, so he figures to perform on a high level once again for his new team.

This signing won't be in the "A" range because it's not a bargain, but I think a B+ is certainly warranted.

Read more: http://www.walterfootball.com/freeag...#ixzz5idDSyseP
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

18. The Following 3 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    To be honest I think walterfootball.com has a valid take on the signing:

http://www.walterfootball.com/freeagents2019OT.php

Broncos sign OT Ja'Wuan James (4 years, $52 million): B+ Grade
    There have been many foolish big-money signings today, but this is definitely not one of them. The Broncos made a terrific move in acquiring Ja'Wuan James even though they'll be paying him more than any other right tackle in the NFL.

James was the 18th-ranked player in my Top 100 NFL Free Agents list, and he plays a very important position. He also provides a huge, much-needed upgrade on the offensive line. The Broncos had horrible play at right tackle last year, and this signing will change that.

A couple of other things to consider: James is just 26 (27 in June), so he still has plenty of time to improve his overall game. James has been stellar at times for the Dolphins, though not so much last year because of a strained patellar tendon. He should be 100 percent by training camp, so he figures to perform on a high level once again for his new team.

This signing won't be in the "A" range because it's not a bargain, but I think a B+ is certainly warranted.

Read more: http://www.walterfootball.com/freeag...#ixzz5idDSyseP
    My biggest concern with him is the injury bug. If he can avoid...or even minimize that, I have high hopes.

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Didn't they reject trading him to us last year? All I need to know.

22. The Following 3 Users High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    Didn't they reject trading him to us last year? All I need to know.
    That’s my philosophy. If he was so terrible, why not trade him to us last year when they could’ve gotten something and “fleeced” us. Whatever.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

24. The Following 3 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information