Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos sign T JaWuan James

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    The OL is set-up to be Boles at LT, Leary at LG, McGovern at center, Risner at RG, and James at RT, the changes might be swapping Bolles or Leary out for Risner perhaps, Leary however is going nowhere if he shows he is healthy, his salary was guaranteed this year because of his injury last year, he will either be a starter or back-up as we have to pay him this year regardless, so we will use him if he shows anything as it would be better then Dan Barclay me thinks.....Then let Leary leave the books next year and help our comp picks out....
    You could be totally right if Leary's salary is fully guaranteed due to injury. In either case, $7.1m would be rather a lot to pay to someone and then cut them. It would be a lot better to wait till next year when the cap hit is minimal.

Update from Leary at Minicamp is that he is going to stay at RG and Dalton will be LG....
    That's what they were reporting on the radio last week. Risner at LG and whoever at RG. Leary if he's fully healthy, and if not then maybe Wilkinson.

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Bolles is terrible.
    This is correct. Bolles is terrible. It's the consistent holding calls that kill drives. You just can't hold on three consecutive plays like he did against KC.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    You could be totally right if Leary's salary is fully guaranteed due to injury. In either case, $7.1m would be rather a lot to pay to someone and then cut them. It would be a lot better to wait till next year when the cap hit is minimal.
    I suspect we will let Leary play his contract out, and look elsewhere next year unless he dominates this year, but even then age and injury history make a extension a dicey proposition.....
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

I suspect we will let Leary play his contract out, and look elsewhere next year unless he dominates this year, but even then age and injury history make a extension a dicey proposition.....
    It doesn't look like Ron Leary is in their long term plans. They are already trying out guys to replace him. Some are bit long shots, but still the intent is clear:

PFF DEN Broncos @PFF_Broncos
    #Broncos UDFA John Leglue was one of college football's best pass-protecting guards last season.

Among the 76 draft-eligible right guards with at least 100 snaps last year, Leglue's 86.6 pass-blocking grade ranked 5th! #BroncosCountry

In a recent interview with Draft Diamonds, Leglue stated that he patterns his game after both Ryan Ramcyzk and Andrew Whitworth. Both of those guys play tackle, which Leglue played in college but he also has experience at center.

His versatility will be a plus and in that same interview, he describes that versatility along with his work ethic and football IQ as reasons why a team should take a chance on him.

If he wants to get better and fine-tune his game as an offensive lineman, he has come to the right place as there might not be a better guy to learn from than Mike Munchak.
    They supposedly like him a lot, although who knows if that's hype at this point?

Then there's Sam Jones, Elijah Wilkinson, Don Barclay. One of these guys might emerge in training camp as a potential future starter.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    It doesn't look like Ron Leary is in their long term plans. They are already trying out guys to replace him. Some are bit long shots, but still the intent is clear:
    Your "logic" is astounding.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

7. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Leary is 30 years old and had has injury problems since he's been in Denver. It wouldn't surprising if plays out his contract and then is gone.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by SR View Post
    Your "logic" is astounding.
    Can’t believe that they’re already planning to replace Von and Chubb with Hollins and Holland.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

dude has played 32 snaps this season

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

what the **** is going on

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

I remember being excited for this signing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

14. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post

what the **** is going on
    We aren’t good enough to be trying to play stupid ass games through the media about who’s starting and who isn’t. Name starters. It’s just stupid. And that announcement about Lock today was just ******* idiotic. Give him the ball. Make him the starter, inside the building and out.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

16. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    That's a lotta money for a right tackle... But now we've addressed the two biggest holes in DB and offensive line. And I'd rather pay a tackle than a center (Paradis).

Neither of these signings have done anything for us. Meanwhile Paradis is just having a bland season in Carolina. Eh. We were doomed we just didn't know it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    We aren’t good enough to be trying to play stupid ass games through the media about who’s starting and who isn’t. Name starters. It’s just stupid. And that announcement about Lock today was just ******* idiotic. Give him the ball. Make him the starter, inside the building and out.
    Broncos aren't bottom-feeders MO. Especially if you cover your ears, squeeze shut your eyes, and say LA LA LA LA until the bad men go away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

19. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Neither of these signings have done anything for us. Meanwhile Paradis is just having a bland season in Carolina. Eh. We were doomed we just didn't know it.
    We knew it, just weren’t willing to admit it.

21. The Following User High Fived LawDog For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information