Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos sign T JaWuan James

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

https://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/DEN

The Broncos depth on OL is hot ******* garbage, one draft pick and he’s a speed bump. This FO is completely arrogant.

Come time to answer questions about depth we will no doubt hear about how the “best OL coach (2nd best) in the NFL loves his former (scrub) Stealer Jake Rodgers”.
    Last edited by Simple Jaded; 05-22-2019 at 03:00 AM.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

"Privately, some people close to the Dolphins waited to see who signed James with the same eager anticipation with which you wait to see who sits on the seat with the whoopie cushion," Benoit wrote. "They believe a rude surprise awaits that GM. Turns out the GM is John Elway. He won’t hear the whoopie cushion until later down the road, but the Dolphins are already laughing. You can understand why Elway made the move; right tackles are hard to find, and playing with a bad one can significantly hinder your scheme. But the belief by some in Miami was that other teams wouldn’t know just how much energy was spent each week gameplanning ways to hide and help James. He’s not quick or nimble enough to get out in space in the screen game, and he’s prone to breakdowns (both physical and mental) in pass protection."
    The Dolphins aren't in a position to laugh at anyone. When was the last time they won their division? I actually can't remember. Probably some time before Tom Brady? The fish rots from the head.

The Broncos idea is that Mike Munchak can coach this guy up to being a good RT. He's done it everywhere else he's gone, but as for here we'll have to see.

I'm much more worried about LT when Bolles has been terrabad and they're expecting some kind of miracle turnaround.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    The Dolphins aren't in a position to laugh at anyone. When was the last time they won their division? I actually can't remember. Probably some time before Tom Brady? The fish rots from the head.

The Broncos idea is that Mike Munchak can coach this guy up to being a good RT. He's done it everywhere else he's gone, but as for here we'll have to see.

I'm much more worried about LT when Bolles has been terrabad and they're expecting some kind of miracle turnaround.
    So Munchak might be able to help James get better, but not Bolles?

Bolles hasn't been as bad as people love to claim...Has he struggled? Yes, but he's grown a lot since he got here and now he actually has a coach that doesn't have loose rocks rattling around in his head to learn from.

5. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post

Bolles hasn't been as bad as people love to claim...Has he struggled? Yes, but he's grown a lot since he got here and now he actually has a coach that doesn't have loose rocks rattling around in his head to learn from.
    All the penalties is what kills Bolles
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Bolles has led the league in holding for two straight years - if he's improved, I haven't seen it translate to production on Sundays.

8. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Bolles has led the league in holding for two straight years - if he's improved, I haven't seen it translate to production on Sundays.
    That's because your only metric is penalties. That can be coached out of him. He did well against the run and while not great against pass did improve last year.

I have faith in Munch's coaching abilities to take him to a higher level of play going forward.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    That's because your only metric is penalties. That can be coached out of him. He did well against the run and while not great against pass did improve last year.

I have faith in Munch's coaching abilities to take him to a higher level of play going forward.
    Yeah, there's the holding, and then there's also him getting beat over and over again.

His dumb tweet about how they finally got him a left guard tells me that he's as clueless as he's ever been. I think Dalton Risner is your future left tackle.

But I hope you're right.

11. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Yeah, there's the holding, and then there's also him getting beat over and over again.

His dumb tweet about how they finally got him a left guard tells me that he's as clueless as he's ever been. I think Dalton Risner is your future left tackle.

But I hope you're right.

90% of the time bolles does his job. Hes fine.
    Dalton does not have quick enough feet to be a LT

There are so few legit good LTs in the league right now too. The real good ones go Top 10. And even those are somewhat shaky.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

On Monday, Mark Schlereth compared Bolles to fellow former first-round pick Paxton Lynch, calling his play a “detriment” to the Broncos.

“It’s not good enough, and it’s the same mistakes that we saw last year,” Schlereth said. “It hasn’t improved.”

Schlereth said it comes down to Bolles not being able to process what he sees quickly enough to make the right play.

“I watch him and he makes the same mistakes. The same lack of awareness. The understanding of pinch. What’s going to happen in this situation,” Schlereth said. “He doesn’t put himself in a position to win. And it’s constant.”

Ultimately, Schlereth said he’d sacrifice whatever athletic edge Bolles has for someone who knows how to play the position.

“For whatever reason, between the coaching and the on-field playing, it doesn’t register,” Schlereth said. “… We’ll lose some athleticism. I’m fine with that if I can find a guy who can play.
    Pretty much this.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Schlereth has stated many times about the horrific play of Bolles and the entire OLine. I still think Munchak is the best offseason grab.

Lol. Reaching Stink.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Schlereth has stated many times about the horrific play of Bolles and the entire OLine. I still think Munchak is the best offseason grab.
    Let's see what this coaching staff can do before throwing in the towel on Bolles.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

I wonder if Bolles pees himself on the field?

19. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Let's see what this coaching staff can do before throwing in the towel on Bolles.
    I have no doubt they will be improved. This team will be unrecognizable from the last two years.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information