Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Prospects For the Defense In 2019!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Oliver at 10 and Bush in the late 20’s.

Edit

I think interior pass rush is the biggest misssing piece of the SB 50 defense, they never replaced Malik Jackson.
    That's true. But, remember that Malik was a 5th round pick. It's not necessary to find a pass-rushing DL only in the first 10 picks, those guys are simply more developed. However, DL take a year or two to develop anyway, so whoever they get is unlikely to have a huge impact in their rookie year.

Denver could have kept Malik (he said publicly later), but refused to renegotiate him until he hit FA and then he got a huge offer of $15m from Jacksonville.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    white is right, honkies!
    Who you calling honky, honky?

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Oliver has been rumored to have some Diva concerns among teams. Team sources say the media has overhyped his pro day a bit and that while had a good pro day, he showed some diva tendencies that caused some rumblings among team staff that had presence there. I have no issue with addressing the OL or DL at 10, and I still think Oliver would be a beast pick, especially if white is gone and we don't see a QB we want. However where there is smoke there is often fire, so its either teams wanting him to drop talking trash, or there are some personality concerns with him.
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

4. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    Oliver has been rumored to have some Diva concerns among teams. Team sources say the media has overhyped his pro day a bit and that while had a good pro day, he showed some diva tendencies that caused some rumblings among team staff that had presence there. I have no issue with addressing the OL or DL at 10, and I still think Oliver would be a beast pick, especially if white is gone and we don't see a QB we want. However where there is smoke there is often fire, so its either teams wanting him to drop talking trash, or there are some personality concerns with him.
    I'm all for adding to Denver's pass rush, the more the better. But I also believe Denver should draft a quarterback as long as it isn't Thorson. He sucks ass.

Seriously, Thorson wouldn't be my first choice for mid-round quarterback but if Denver does select him I'll root for him because he's a Bronco.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    I'm all for adding to Denver's pass rush, the more the better. But I also believe Denver should draft a quarterback as long as it isn't Thorson. He sucks ass.

Seriously, Thorson wouldn't be my first choice for mid-round quarterback but if Denver does select him I'll root for him because he's a Bronco.
    We can no longer be friends

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

7. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

We can no longer be friends
    Sorry El it's just the way I see it my friend.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    Sorry El it's just the way I see it my friend.
    You're not alone. With some significant development, I think Thorson can be a solid back-up and spot starter, but his arm strength, accuracy and progressions are very inhibitive.

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    You're not alone. With some significant development, I think Thorson can be a solid back-up and spot starter, but his arm strength, accuracy and progressions are very inhibitive.
    Denver doesn't need a backup and spot starter, it needs a future franchise QB who can be developed. Whoever Elway drafts I imagine they try to do what they tried with Osweiler. Develop him for a couple of years behind Flacco and then give him the starting job.

Of course Osweiler turned out to be a bust, but it worked with Jimmy Garopolo. Unfortunately, Elway keeps looking for the next giraffe who can't play so this might not work.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Actually Cugel, they got rid of their backup/stop starter. He gone.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Most of his tape directly contradicts what you say about progressions and arm strength. Accuracy I could buy due to perhaps mechanics....but last 2 years over 60%..., forcing the ball, not trusting his teammates enough and turnovers are his big issues. I have seen tons of plays on film where he gets to 3rd and 4th progression with ease, but I have also seen him stare down and force throws he shouldn't have like any college QB with middle tier coaching......I'm pretty confident a good OC or Qb's coach gets to work with him he is gonna develop nicely. If he goes to Miami or something he is probably screwed lol

Anyways always love for ya Coach! We will just have to see I guess......

On a side note, newest rumor has us not taking a QB at 10, because we don't want to create controversy for Flacco, If that's true they must have seen what most of us saw from Flacco last year after Jackson was drafted.....but don't worry Flacco is a SB MVP in his prime with apparently a delicate make-up......Were good

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

No we just replaced him with another one that apparently has a delicate make-up as well....Anyone see Mayock's comments.....he is doing it right. He states "Derek Carr is a franchise QB, but if there is a better player at QB in this draft then we would look at taking him, because at the end of the day you have to do what's best for the organization.....

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Denver doesn't need a backup and spot starter, it needs a future franchise QB who can be developed. Whoever Elway drafts I imagine they try to do what they tried with Osweiler. Develop him for a couple of years behind Flacco and then give him the starting job.

Of course Osweiler turned out to be a bust, but it worked with Jimmy Garopolo. Unfortunately, Elway keeps looking for the next giraffe who can't play so this might not work.
    If we don't go Qb in rd 1. We did look at some guys in Thorson, Stidham, Rypien that could be developed into that franchise guy....so there is always hope, but I'm not holding my breath Elway knows what he is doing at QB anymore.....I think were just hoping Flacco can manage the game, take a couple shots and get lucky. I think Elway wants to jumpstart the defense again, and pound the ball. We got a SB that way, and he saw what NE did to the Rams last year.....I expect interior Pass rush, ILB or a trade back from pick 10

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

He proved that he was a starting caliber QB. Then Brady had a period tantrum that some dude was looking over his shoulder, and after a little chat with Bob Kraft, apparently not involving Busty Asian Beauty Massage techniques, Kraft insisted that they deal Garapolo.

Belichick said "alright. SF, would you like Garapolo for a 2nd round pick."

But, that success in developing Garapolo is exactly what the Broncos need to shoot for. They haven't been able to do it, ever.

Tommy Maddox - no.
    Brian Griese - no.
    Jay Cutler - uh, no.
    Tim Tebow - no.
    Brock Osweiler - nope
    Trevor Siemian - no
    Paxton Lynch - Big NOPE.
    Chad Kelly - Negatory.

The Broncos have literally never been able to draft and develop a QB going back to Elway (they didn't draft him remember?).

Adopted Bronco:

Most of his tape directly contradicts what you say about progressions and arm strength. Accuracy I could buy due to perhaps mechanics....but last 2 years over 60%..., forcing the ball, not trusting his teammates enough and turnovers are his big issues. I have seen tons of plays on film where he gets to 3rd and 4th progression with ease, but I have also seen him stare down and force throws he shouldn't have like any college QB with middle tier coaching......I'm pretty confident a good OC or Qb's coach gets to work with him he is gonna develop nicely. If he goes to Miami or something he is probably screwed lol

Anyways always love for ya Coach! We will just have to see I guess......

On a side note, newest rumor has us not taking a QB at 10, because we don't want to create controversy for Flacco, If that's true they must have seen what most of us saw from Flacco last year after Jackson was drafted.....but don't worry Flacco is a SB MVP in his prime with apparently a delicate make-up......Were good
    I guess I still disagree...with love for you too, bro. When I watch his games, I see a slow process through his progressions. Maybe coaching can help that, but I also just dont see a solid amount of arm strength. I'm not expecting a Drew Lock cannon, but to me he just reeks of back-up material. And I'd be good with that if we drafted him for that purpose. But in all honesty, I dont have a ton of faith in the top 4 QB's ever panning out into top 10 QB material, so my faith in anything after that is even more limited.

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post

The giraffe meme is a bit tired and played out.

Current QB's 6'6 (yes, Flacco's tall...big difference is he's got some talent) 6'4, 6'2
    2018 QB's Brock and Paxton 6'7, Starter Trevor 6'3, Kelly 6'2
    2017 the pre-existing giraffes, kelly, Trevor and Sloter who was 6'4
    2016 the Giraffes, Trevor, Manning 6'5, Sanchez 6'2, Davis 6'2

He's taken two tall guys in the draft, but most of the rest of the QB's we've had have been shorter than 6'6. This meme that Elway only goes after tall QB's doesn't hold water when held up against scrutiny. Let it go already...

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information