Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Chad Kelly pleads not guilty

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    i went to camp. he 100% outplayed Keesum and it wasnt even close.

Then he proceeded to do the same in the preseason.
    False.

We also all know all about your QB analysis skills. You are to QB analysis as Casey Anthony is to parenting.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    False.

We also all know all about your QB analysis skills. You are to QB analysis as Casey Anthony is to parenting.

3. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Kelly and Lynch have both set the Broncos back. Bad bets, Elway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    They all flopped.

Lynch was a guy they knew they should worry about, regarding his work ethic. They picked him.

TS was drafted and started for us for two years...at a certain point it's no longer the weird thing that a seventh rounder was the starter out of circumstances...he was just our starter.

Kelly was selected as a project...and as a project that had more upside than our starting QB...too bad we relied on him as a fallback plan when he didn't have his head straight.

Keenum was a horrible signing and it reeked of lack of understanding of not just his ability, but where the team was, too.

Sanchez was a guy who was supposed to be a stopgap for us. Bridging the way from him to Lynch...that entire thing imploded.

Now we have a fading 34 year old QB who hasn't been good in quite some time.

It just sucks, man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

yea all those "reporters" pining over keesums ducks in practice was hilarious.

Sure worked out well this last season.
    I don't recall anyone pining over Case, but plenty who were just pointing out that the competition was worse.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

8. The Following User High Fived FanInAZ For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Kelly outplayed him in all pre season games

People can argue it was against third stringers, but without question, Kelly looked better in pre season

If I remember correctly Kelly was inconsistent in camp, but he sure balled out in the games

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    They all flopped.

Lynch was a guy they knew they should worry about, regarding his work ethic. They picked him.

TS was drafted and started for us for two years...at a certain point it's no longer the weird thing that a seventh rounder was the starter out of circumstances...he was just our starter.

Kelly was selected as a project...and as a project that had more upside than our starting QB...too bad we relied on him as a fallback plan when he didn't have his head straight.

Keenum was a horrible signing and it reeked of lack of understanding of not just his ability, but where the team was, too.

Sanchez was a guy who was supposed to be a stopgap for us. Bridging the way from him to Lynch...that entire thing imploded.

Now we have a fading 34 year old QB who hasn't been good in quite some time.

It just sucks, man.
    Jesus King.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

i went to camp. he 100% outplayed Keesum and it wasnt even close.

Then he proceeded to do the same in the preseason.
    You see what you want see.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    Kelly outplayed him in all pre season games

People can argue it was against third stringers, but without question, Kelly looked better in pre season

If I remember correctly Kelly was inconsistent in camp, but he sure balled out in the games
    I've just seen too many guys tear it up on the second halves of preseason games and never be heard from again to put too much stock into it. Plus, in the 4th preseason game, when he actually got to play against guys who made NFL rosters, he looked like shit.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I've just seen too many guys tear it up on the second halves of preseason games and never be heard from again to put too much stock into it. Plus, in the 4th preseason game, when he actually got to play against guys who made NFL rosters, he looked like shit.
    I don't even disagree with this.

I just think it is fair to acknowledge that Kelly nearly played himself into a job

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I don't even disagree with this.

I just think it is fair to acknowledge that Kelly nearly played himself into a job
    Yes, Case nearly played Chad's way into a job as well. It was rumored Chad was going to get a shot and then he went and got himself arrested.

There is no way you can compare Kelly and Lynch in those terms. To call Kelly a bad bet as the last pick of the NFL draft is silly.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    There is no way you can compare Kelly and Lynch in those terms. To call Kelly a bad bet as the last pick of the NFL draft is silly.
    The bet was leaning on that guy to be your future quarterback, or even your long term development/backup when he’s a proven dipshit.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    The bet was leaning on that guy to be your future quarterback,
    There was no leaning on him to be the future QB, that's a stretch.

or even your long term development/backup when he’s a proven dipshit.
    This is just a ridiculous statement. All 6th/7th round developmental QBs are believed to not have the skills to be a starting QB or the character to be a reliable NFL player. Hence the reason they are developmental.

It's asinine to make the comparison between a first round pick in Lynch and a Mr. Irrelevant pick in Kelly, being on the same par in terms of "bad bets."

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    There was no leaning on him to be the future QB, that's a stretch.

This is just a ridiculous statement. All 6th/7th round developmental QBs are believed to not have the skills to be a starting QB or the character to be a reliable NFL player. Hence the reason they are developmental.

It's asinine to make the comparison between a first round pick in Lynch and a Mr. Irrelevant pick in Kelly, being on the same par in terms of "bad bets."
    Denver signed a vet to a two-year deal, didn’t draft another quarterback in a quarterback heavy draft class and cut a first round pick at the position in his third year. I’d say it was pretty clear they were betting on Chad Kelly when they made him the backup and the only young quarterback on the roster.

“On par,” ok, I’ll agree with you. But they were both bet on, and Denver lost on both.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information