Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Free Agency megathread

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    True, but how much playing would he get with all-star cast that would be in front of him?
    The only real all star is Donald. It doesnt look like Suh is going to be back and he's better than say Brockers.
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

Chiefs signed Carlos Hyde, one year $2.8 million

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Chiefs signed Carlos Hyde, one year $2.8 million
    So that what 3.3 ypc & 10 receptions for 3.3 ypr during the previous year gets you these days https://www.pro-football-reference.c...H/HydeCa00.htm
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Official: Antonio Brown to the Raiders for third and fifth rounders

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

https://247sports.com/nfl/denver-bro...3lgYa42hEOkaqc

I'd actually be content with all 4...although I don't like Lamb's injury history.

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Official: Antonio Brown to the Raiders for third and fifth rounders
    http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...rs-raiders-won

In making this trade now, the Steelers are passing up the opportunity to keep one of the five best wideouts in football on their roster for $22.2 million of cap space for the opportunity to eat $21.1 million in dead money on their 2019 cap and let that guy play for somebody else. Organizations only eat that sort of dead money when they have a player commit some serious off-field indiscretion (Junior Galette, Ray Rice), or if they're rebuilding and dumping underwater contracts from the previous regime (Marcell Dareus), and that's usually over two seasons.

AB is a tool. Ben Roethlisberger is a tool. Mike Tomlin let both get out of control, and Tomlin is supposed to be a great 'leader', thus making me question how good of a coach he really is. How can a guy who is known to be a bland X's and O's coach be a 'good' coach if he lets his locker room spiral out of control like that? It's just a comedy of tragedy, and it couldn't happen to a better fanbase. The fact that the Steelers are essentially losing an elite player, getting financially smacked for doing so, while being left with a douchey and aging QB, and a head coach who let AB turn into this monster and Big Ben just call out his teammates (while his own teammates have acknowledged that Big Ben isn't a hard worker, ala James Harrison) despite his own struggles...

It's a beaut.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

7. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Yeah it got ugly in Pittsburgh, but here's the final tally for the Raiders.

Raiders get..
    Antonio Brown
    First Round Pick

for...
    Amari Cooper
    3rd Round Pick
    5th Round Pick

Cancer or not, that's a smoking trade for Gruden.

9. The Following 4 Users High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...rs-raiders-won

In making this trade now, the Steelers are passing up the opportunity to keep one of the five best wideouts in football on their roster for $22.2 million of cap space for the opportunity to eat $21.1 million in dead money on their 2019 cap and let that guy play for somebody else. Organizations only eat that sort of dead money when they have a player commit some serious off-field indiscretion (Junior Galette, Ray Rice), or if they're rebuilding and dumping underwater contracts from the previous regime (Marcell Dareus), and that's usually over two seasons.

AB is a tool. Ben Roethlisberger is a tool. Mike Tomlin let both get out of control, and Tomlin is supposed to be a great 'leader', thus making me question how good of a coach he really is. How can a guy who is known to be a bland X's and O's coach be a 'good' coach if he lets his locker room spiral out of control like that? It's just a comedy of tragedy, and it couldn't happen to a better fanbase. The fact that the Steelers are essentially losing an elite player, getting financially smacked for doing so, while being left with a douchey and aging QB, and a head coach who let AB turn into this monster and Big Ben just call out his teammates (while his own teammates have acknowledged that Big Ben isn't a hard worker, ala James Harrison) despite his own struggles...

It's a beaut.
    I fuggin hate the Steelers. Tomlin is a loser. Hated him ever since he tried to trip the kick returner. He's a loser POS

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    I fuggin hate the Steelers. Tomlin is a loser. Hated him ever since he tried to trip the kick returner. He's a loser POS
    Yeah, when BB retires I bet the Pats will bring in Tomlin as his replacement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Yeah it got ugly in Pittsburgh, but here's the final tally for the Raiders.

Raiders get..
    Antonio Brown
    First Round Pick

for...
    Amari Cooper
    3rd Round Pick
    5th Round Pick

Cancer or not, that's a smoking trade for Gruden.
    Ultimately yes, but as Barnwell pointed out in that linked article, the Raiders didn’t know Brown would be available when they traded Cooper. So I’m not giving Gruden credit for any amazing foresight but it did work out well for them with some luck

Chiefs released Justin Houston

Raiders traded Kelechi Osemele to the Jets - not sure for what yet

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    And don't forget how he punked that Army Ranger OT by leaving him in the locker because he wouldn't kneel during the anthem.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

well, shit. . . johnathan hankins was our reported top choice at nosetackle, but he is re-signing with da faders. . . who's plan B?

also, kyle rudolph is staying in minnesota, and the athletic is reporting detroit as the favorite to land anthony barr. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    well, shit. . . johnathan hankins was our reported top choice at nosetackle, but he is re-signing with da faders. . . who's plan B?

also, kyle rudolph is staying in minnesota, and the athletic is reporting detroit as the favorite to land anthony barr. . .
    I was just coming here to post about Hankins. We were reportedly very interested in him. Oh well

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information