Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: White might be a top five pick

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

I can tell you this. One of Baker, Williams, lock, white, Oliver, any of the top tackles is going to be available in the top 15 picks. So if the guy you like with the 10th pick isn't there. There are plenty of amazing defensive talents available in the middle of the first to the early twenties. I agree I would love to have light, I'm coming around to Haskins Murray or lock, and I like Baker and Oliver, but at the end of the day there is a ton of defensive Talent available in this draft. And we're finding out at this combine that many of these guys who showed good numbers during the season on the offensive side of the football are going to be available as well. If we learned anything from the combine over the last 3 days it's that there are phenomenal athletic talents, and there are so many guys that are blowing stuff up that actually have good resumes and good tape that we can pick BPA either at 10 or 12 or 15 or 18 or 21 and Come Away with a good starter with the potential to be a pro bowler down the line

2. The Following User High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

I don't think White goes before pick 8.....The top DL prospects, and top 3 QB's all solidified their draft status. Montez sweat is looking likely top 10 now as well. Pass rushers are looked at more then ILB. I think Detroit is our only competition for White in the top 10. I really am hoping they fall in love with Sweat though instead. But If we cant take White or a QB, Baker at CB or a player like Oliver or Gary for the DL is very worthy of a top ten pick for our defense.

Arizona- Murray
    San Fran- Bosa
    NY Jets- Josh allen
    Oakland- Haskins
    Tampa- Quinnen Williams
    Giants- Jones or Lock
    Jacksonville- Rashaan Gary or Ed Oliver
    Detroit- White or Montez Sweat
    Buffalo- Jonah Williams or Jawan Taylor
    Denver- Possibly Lock but more then likely Baker, White or a DL player. If we Lose out on White to Detroit and don't want baker for CB or a DL player we need to trade back.
    Last edited by Elevation inc; 03-04-2019 at 04:49 AM.
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

4. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    I don't think White goes before pick 8.....The top DL prospects, and top 3 QB's all solidified their draft status. Montez sweat is looking likely top 10 now as well. Pass rushers are looked at more then ILB. I think Detroit is our only competition for White in the top 10. I really am hoping they fall in love with Sweat though instead. But If we cant take White or a QB, Baker at CB or a player like Oliver or Gary for the DL is very worthy of a top ten pick for our defense.

Arizona- Murray
    San Fran- Bosa
    NY Jets- Josh allen
    Oakland- Haskins
    Tampa- Quinnen Williams
    Giants- Jones or Lock
    Jacksonville- Rashaan Gary or Ed Oliver
    Detroit- White or Montez Sweat
    Buffalo- Jonah Williams or Jawan Taylor
    Denver- Possibly Lock but more then likely Baker, White or a DL player. If we Lose out on White to Detroit and don't want baker for CB or a DL player we need to trade back.
    Tampa is keeping McCoy, so I'd pencil them in for an edge rusher.
    Maybe:
    Arizona: Murray
    San Fran - Bosa
    Jets: Allen
    Oakland: Q. Williams
    Tampa - Sweat
    Giants - Haskins
    Jacksonville - Metcalf
    Detroit - Oliver or White
    Buffalo - J. Taylor or Ed Oliver
    Denver - White, Lock, or Oliver.

Which, gives the Broncos a better chance. Honestly, if White is there now I'm sold that we have to take him, QB be damned. This guy is Patrick Willis 2.0.

6. The Following User High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    Tampa is keeping McCoy, so I'd pencil them in for an edge rusher.
    Maybe:
    Arizona: Murray
    San Fran - Bosa
    Jets: Allen
    Oakland: Q. Williams
    Tampa - Sweat
    Giants - Haskins
    Jacksonville - Metcalf
    Detroit - Oliver or White
    Buffalo - J. Taylor or Ed Oliver
    Denver - White, Lock, or Oliver.

Which, gives the Broncos a better chance. Honestly, if White is there now I'm sold that we have to take him, QB be damned. This guy is Patrick Willis 2.0.

slight difference of opinion but the overall point we agree on is Denver will have a chance at a blue chip elite Defensive player or possibly Lock at 10....That's a win....Personally I would be stoked if we got white, lock or Baker at 10, if we took someone like Oliver at 10, I wouldn't be upset at all just not as excited as I would the other 3.

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

8. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

As stated, I think Tampa and Detroit stand as the 2 teams ahead of us that could be a threat to take White. I see Bosa, Williams, Allen, Williams and Gary as 5 obvious top 10 picks. Assuming NYG takes a QB and someone else trades up for another, then there are only 2 other teams where we'd have to worry about it. But that said...there would still be a TON of talent available at spots where we need help. Whether it's White or not, we will/should/better get a stud player and immediate starter at 10.

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    slight difference of opinion but the overall point we agree on is Denver will have a chance at a blue chip elite Defensive player or possibly Lock at 10....That's a win....Personally I would be stoked if we got white, lock or Baker at 10, if we took someone like Oliver at 10, I wouldn't be upset at all just not as excited as I would the other 3.
    Not sure Oliver really fits a 3-4 scheme. Houston ALWAYS seemed to use him wrong and had him line up as a 0 tech most of the time, but he should be a 3 tech/under tackle in the NFL. I think he'll be much better there. That's not to say he couldn't add a few pounds and be a 5 tech, but at 6'2", he lacks the length and also has a tendency to drop weight during the season. So, running a 3-4, I take a pretty hard pass on Oliver, all things considered.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Not sure Oliver really fits a 3-4 scheme. Houston ALWAYS seemed to use him wrong and had him line up as a 0 tech most of the time, but he should be a 3 tech/under tackle in the NFL. I think he'll be much better there. That's not to say he couldn't add a few pounds and be a 5 tech, but at 6'2", he lacks the length and also has a tendency to drop weight during the season. So, running a 3-4, I take a pretty hard pass on Oliver, all things considered.
    I would think 5 tech would be his only option in the 3-4 as well. I personally agree with you on him myself...but the bottom line is while many of us differ on what player the overall point is there should be a blue chip defensive player at 10 if we go that route.

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

13. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Real question is, would Elway pass on Drew Lock for Devin White?
    If there hadnt been a trade for Flacco i would say it would be real difficult for Denver to pass on Lock. But i do think that taking White is BPA and a far more immediate impact than Lock would be at this time.

15. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    If there hadnt been a trade for Flacco i would say it would be real difficult for Denver to pass on Lock. But i do think that taking White is BPA and a far more immediate impact than Lock would be at this time.
    This I agree with. I like lock and we need a future Qb, but we would get more day 1 impact from white, with Flacco currently the guy.

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

But if White is gone...I'm good with Lock.

19. The Following 3 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

But if White is gone...I'm good with Lock.
    I would be fine with it but still would prefer an immediate impact guy personally.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I would be fine with it but still would prefer an immediate impact guy personally.
    Agreed. Just tough to say who that is until after FA. IMO, when I take need, immediate impact and the #10 pick into consideration, I only come up with White, Baker, Williams and Murphy. Yeah, there are other guys that are studs, but do we have an immediate need for a 5 tech or edge rusher? Is #10 where we want to be taking ANY of the offensive linemen?

But if we address CB in FA, is it as much of an immediate need? Or even if we address MLB. If we signed guys like Mosely and Darby, I think Lock would make the most sense at 10. Either that or trading back.

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

I'm buying the Aaron Donald comparison on Oliver. I expect him to ball out at the next level, even in a 3-4 scheme. I honestly don't expect him in Denver, barring a trade back, but he definitely deserves consideration.

Adopted Bronco:

I'm buying the Aaron Donald comparison on Oliver. I expect him to ball out at the next level, even in a 3-4 scheme. I honestly don't expect him in Denver, barring a trade back, but he definitely deserves consideration.
    I'm not going to comp ANYONE to Donald, but I do think Oliver is far better suited in a 4-3 scheme. They actually had him work with the edge guys at the combine to see how he would fare in schemes like that and from what I read, he did miserably. But, going from being primarily used as a 0 tech to doing coverage drills is a hell of a leap. Still...I just don't see him as a 0 or a 5 tech at the next level, which leaves out 3-4 schemes.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

I think Jax will take the Rebel.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information