Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Murray's measurables

Default Murray's measurables

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2019/st...-8-nfl-combine

Two quarterbacks Murray has been compared to in terms of size are the Saints' Drew Brees and Seahawks' Russell Wilson. Brees was 6-0¼ and 213 pounds at the 2001 scouting combine, while Wilson was 5-10⅝ and 204 pounds at the 2012 combine. Wilson is the only starting quarterback in the NFL under 6 feet tall.

Well, if he's Russell Wilson size I don't see how he's not a first round QB.

If he's there at ten he's easily BPA. Don't worry though, Elway won't draft him. Per a quote today, Elway doesn't want to draft a QB and 'wait three years.'
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

2. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2019/st...-8-nfl-combine

Two quarterbacks Murray has been compared to in terms of size are the Saints' Drew Brees and Seahawks' Russell Wilson. Brees was 6-0¼ and 213 pounds at the 2001 scouting combine, while Wilson was 5-10⅝ and 204 pounds at the 2012 combine. Wilson is the only starting quarterback in the NFL under 6 feet tall.

Well, if he's Russell Wilson size I don't see how he's not a first round QB.

If he's there at ten he's easily BPA. Don't worry though, Elway won't draft him. Per a quote today, Elway doesn't want to draft a QB and 'wait three years.'

He has def helped his draft stock with his weigh-in, however I don't think he fits what Elway wants for our system.
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

4. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

With that much talent you change the system to highlight the QBs strengths. If by some miracle this guy is on the board, and we don't take him, Elway should be fired for malpractice.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

With that much talent you change the system to highlight the QBs strengths. If by some miracle this guy is on the board, and we don't take him, Elway should be fired for malpractice.
    I don't know that you fire Elway for not taking him, but I do agree that if he's there @ #10, he is BPA at that point.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Just for perspective - the league is now the least violent towards QB's it has ever been. Murray has a plus arm, but not an absolute cannon arm, is an incredible runner, accurate, has touch, literally can do everything you could ever ask a QB to do. With the exception, maybe, of snaps under center consistently, etc. Assume he can't for sake of argument - do you think that would have stopped someone like prime Shanahan from massacring defenses?

If you accept the premise, and for sake of argument please do, that he is of NFL size, this guy is the number one pick in almost every single draft class we're going ot have from here on out. I can only pray that Elway will get back to his senses, realize that retread QBs don't translate to 'competing' now, and send the picks so we can trade up for number one. And if not, I can only pray he will trade up with New York so we can scoop up Haskins.

Elway's not going to do that, though.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    I don't know that you fire Elway for not taking him, but I do agree that if he's there @ #10, he is BPA at that point.

I believe even with Murray's talent he doesn't fit our coaching staff we just hired at all. It doesn't make a lot of sense to hire a staff to run a west coast offense then have them change it to a open spread offense just because Murray might be great at it in the NFL. I wont argue the kid has a chance to be special. I just wont fault Elway for not picking a kid that isn't a great fit for what we just hired offensively coaching wise. We also would have to cut Flacco and keenum(which wouldn't bother me), but makes very little sense financially for this team to change the offense, then we need to get a back-up identical to Murray's skillset...just to many variables

FWIW I also don't see Murray making it to 10.

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

11. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    He's BPA from pick one if you think he's NFL size. He runs like Vick. He throws like Mayfield or any other big time recent prospect. Well, he throws as well as, I should say.

Eh - maybe we can take White and I can enjoy watching the defense struggle to get us to .500. Maybe at that point in the next QB draft class, if it's as loaded as people think, some team will trade with us and we can give up even more draft capital.

His weight looks great at the combine, but it's show weight. Look at the tape. People want to compare the weight to Russell Wilson's at the combine. Wilson lost around 15 pounds for the combine. Murray gained around 15 pounds. They are nowhere close in body weight on game days.

That's not to say that Murray won't be an effective QB in the NFL. I just wouldn't put too much stock into that weight.

14. The Following User High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

But if it's show weight it's still weight he can put on if he has to. And that's ultimately the point.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    His weight looks great at the combine, but it's show weight. Look at the tape. People want to compare the weight to Russell Wilson's at the combine. Wilson lost around 15 pounds for the combine. Murray gained around 15 pounds. They are nowhere close in body weight on game days.

That's not to say that Murray won't be an effective QB in the NFL. I just wouldn't put too much stock into that weight.

I don't.....I think he has a chance to be fools gold just as he does to be special....

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Don't forget everyone is a liar this time of year.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

LOL

If he is BPA he shouldnt make it to 10.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

He's BPA from pick one if you think he's NFL size. He runs like Vick. He throws like Mayfield or any other big time recent prospect. Well, he throws as well as, I should say.

Eh - maybe we can take White and I can enjoy watching the defense struggle to get us to .500. Maybe at that point in the next QB draft class, if it's as loaded as people think, some team will trade with us and we can give up even more draft capital.
    Maybe you should just go back to being a Bengals fan. You seemed to have packed it in already. lol

20. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Hard pass.
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

22. The Following User High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    Don't forget everyone is a liar this time of year.
    I hope so.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information