Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: Murray's measurables

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    King you make out like people wanted TS, CK, or JF.

Like WE have a choice at who Elway brings in now?

I root for the uniform and whoever is playing the position until they fail. No one here is defending Keenum yet you continue on and on and on.

I was done after the KC game like most here.
    I watched in awe, shock and awe when people wanted more TS after the first one. I watched in awe in the CK signing thread. JF was the one where most people were like wtf.

You don't have a choice in who JE brings in, but you have a choice in stance.

The KC game was late.
    In his first season filling in for a friggin Legend, Siemien wasnt awful in 2016 and there was reason for optimism. He was a seventh rd pick for Christ's sake taking over for PFM. He did a decent job.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

In his first season filling in for a friggin Legend, Siemien wasnt awful in 2016 and there was reason for optimism. He was a seventh rd pick for Christ's sake taking over for PFM. He did a decent job.
    2016 season
    In 2016, with Peyton Manning retiring and Brock Osweiler signing with the Houston Texans, it opened up a competition for the Broncos starting quarterback job between Siemian, veteran Mark Sanchez, and rookie Paxton Lynch.[33] On August 29, Broncos head coach Gary Kubiak named Siemian the starting quarterback for the 2016 season.[34]

Against the Carolina Panthers in the 2016 regular season opener and Super Bowl 50 rematch, Siemian completed 18-of-26 passes for 178 yards, one touchdown, and two interceptions in his first NFL start and 21-20 victory.[35] He was the first quarterback in NFL history to start the season opener for the defending Super Bowl champion without having thrown an NFL pass.[36] He was the first Northwestern quarterback since Randy Dean in 1979 to start an NFL game.[37] The following week, Siemian threw for 266 yards in a 34–20 win over the Indianapolis Colts, 215 of those yards came in the first half.[38]

On September 25, 2016, Siemian became the first quarterback in NFL history to throw 300 yards and complete 4 touchdowns with no interceptions in his first career road start in a 29–17 win over the Cincinnati Bengals.[39] His 132.1 quarterback rating was the highest achieved in the league that week.[40] He was named the AFC Offensive Player of the Week for his performance against the Bengals.[41]

During Week 12 in a Sunday Night Football game against the Kansas City Chiefs, Siemian threw three touchdowns with no interceptions on 20-of-34 passing for 368 yards. Although the Broncos ultimately lost 30-27 in overtime, he achieved a quarterback rating of 125.6, the second best of his career to date when playing in the majority of a game.[42][43]

From Weeks 8 to 14, Siemian was one of only three quarterbacks who averaged over 300 passing yards per game (the other two were Tom Brady and Kirk Cousins).[44] By Week 16, he averaged 300.2 passing yards in his previous six games.[43]

Although the Broncos finished the season with a 9–7 record and missed the playoffs, Siemian compiled an 18-10 touchdown-to-interception ratio and an 84.6 passer rating.[45] On both measures, Siemian significantly outperformed the Broncos' Peyton Manning-Brock Osweiler quarterback duo of 2015.[46]

On January 23, 2017, Siemian was named as an alternate for the 2017 Pro Bowl, but declined the invitation due to recovery from left shoulder surgery two weeks prior.[47]
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trevor_Siemian

There was reason for optimism.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Agreed. He looked the part...until he didn't. Nobody wanted CK but if JE set a financial limit on his QB, we were never getting Cousins. CK appeared to be solid enough after his season in Minnesota to at least not make people wanna vomit while we get the guy for the future.

4. The Following User High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Siemien was NOT the trash he os made out to be despite Kings wailing and flailing.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Siemien was NOT the trash he os made out to be despite Kings wailing and flailing.
    Maybe because his best game came against the Bengals?

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Wasn't he amazing vs Dallas?

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    Wasn't he amazing vs Dallas?
    There were several games that showed there was reason for optimism. Especially for a 7th round pick.

9. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Maybe because his best game came against the Bengals?

This is hurtful, Joe. I was especially happy that day. I will always wish you well, but your attacks on my fandom are unreedemable. You're just a cruel mean man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

No, there wasn't. He was on a solid team and was one of the worst QB's in the league. He showed he could not throw a deep ball, work the middle of the field, and that he did not have NFL talent. Everyone made excuses for him...and then the second year suddenly those who could not see the obvious truth changed their tune.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

12. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Slim, how you feel bout that young man, Murray?

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

No, there wasn't. He was on a solid team and was one of the worst QB's in the league. He showed he could not throw a deep ball, work the middle of the field, and that he did not have NFL talent. Everyone made excuses for him...and then the second year suddenly those who could not see the obvious truth changed their tune.
    Doesnt have any talent. Right.

Doesnt have any talent. Right.
    Yeah, seventh round backups who were almost undrafted usually ooze talent. What is his talent, Shazam? Is it his little boy arm? Oh, maybe it's great speed? His swiftness and acceleration? Or is it his great intellect that he showcased...never?

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Slim, how you feel bout that young man, Murray?
    Does MO like Murray better than Mayfield? That's the question.

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Does MO like Murray better than Mayfield? That's the question.
    I treasure you, Nomad.

I assume he likes most things more than Mayfield.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information