Thread: Anyone Following the Patrick Frazee (Kelsey Berreth) case?

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Default Anyone Following the Patrick Frazee (Kelsey Berreth) case?

I've been reading a bit on the Kelsey Berreth murder case and the trial of fiance Patrick Frazee who apparently got an old girlfriend to assist with the cover-up.

Berreth's body is still not found but the testimony Monday (2/25/19) in a preliminary hearing accounts that Frazee solicited the murder to ex-girlfriend Krystal Kenney who lives in Idaho beginning in September of 2018. She later confessed she had participated in covering up evidence and misleading police. The first idea was for her to poison Kelsey and Kenney, being a nurse, had access to prescription drugs that could be mixed into her Starbucks coffee. Kenney was posing as a neighbor. Kenney admitted she couldn't just drug Kelsey so they shared a moment over coffee and then Krystal left.

Twice more she drove down from Idaho at Frazee's behest to murder Kelsey, once with a rod and the second time with an aluminum baseball bat. Both times, Krystal chickened out and drove home after travelling all the way to Kelsey's Colorado townhome.

Frazee angrily told her he'd "have to do it himself" and allegedly did so on or before Thanksgiving Day with a baseball bat in Kelsey's townhome. Frazee told Kenney she "better come down here" because she had "a big mess to clean up". For fear that her own car had been spotted before at the townhome, she asked a friend to borrow her Volkswagon Passat in order to drive from Idaho to Colorado. Sure, said the friend, but the plates are expired. Krystal loaded it up with cleaning supplies and sped down there.

When she arrived, "there was blood everywhere", including some on Kelsey's baby's toys which were thrown out along with towels, clothes and a Bible. The sniffer dogs did not find any traces of blood until the third time visiting and then used luminol to show the presence of more.

Kelsey's body was loaded into a large tote and taken to a ranch near Florissant. There, the tote was put with a bale of hay and burned. Police believe what's left of the remains is now in a landfill between Colorado Springs and Pueblo which will take about 35 days to sift through.

Frazee's mother was asked to testify at the hearing but she refused citing her fifth amendment rights. While the prosecution disputed this, the judge allowed that this wasn't the actual trial yet and he would not compel her to testify at this point.

Kelsey, a pilot for a small company near Pueblo, had a history of depression and the Frazees intimated that she was abusing her baby. Patrick Frazee, the accused, used this as part of his reasoning when recruiting Krystal to kill Kelsey. When Krystal visited Kelsey and the baby, she said the baby showed no signs of abuse which is why she chose not poison Kelsey the first time.

Kelsey's last text to Patrick asked "Do you love me at all?" I guess we know the answer to that one.

I think when it all comes out, Patrick's mother may have a larger role in this than publicly acknowledged. I think she probably took care of the baby while Kelsey worked her piloting job and probably schemed how to be the permanent guardian. There is a side custody battle going on between Kelsey's parents and Patrick's parents over caring for the baby.

What a sordid tale this is turning out to be.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Must be some serious hate to beat a blindfolded woman to death.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

I can just imagine Krystal asking her friend to borrow her car.

"Say, can I borrow your car for a few days? I need to help an ex-boyfriend cover up a crime scene."

Love makes some people so stupid.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Love makes people stupid

Strategic manipulation makes people cover up murders

Total and utter narcissism leads you to beat someone to death with a baseball bat and recruit others into the mop up

6. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information