Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Legendary Quarterback John Elway Can’t Figure Out Quarterbacks

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    How many games did you watch last Season?

They were afraid. VJ said as much by saying they cant run the ball against a stacked box. Who says that?
    I'm sorry Shaz, I disagree.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Case was Capt Checkdown and was so scared to turn the ball over.

Musgrave was terrible should have ran the ball more.

Or it was VJ
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

3. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Or it was VJ
    Checking down is not proof that he was scared. I agree that Musgrave was terrible, but running against stack box isn't terrible idea where your best back is shelved because of injury.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post

Or it was VJ
    Checking down is not proof that he was scared. I agree that Musgrave was terrible, but running against stack box isn't terrible idea where your best back is shelved because of injury.
    The offense had no identity and no defense feared anyone on the Broncos.

Case didn't try to test defense and kept his passes short and safe stuff dink and dunk crap
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

The offense had no identity and no defense feared anyone on the Broncos.

Case didn't try to test defense and kept his passes short and safe stuff dink and dunk crap
    It had developed identity as the season went on with Lindsey but when he went down that killed it. Also, his reliable most reliable target (Sanders) it changed what they could do. If you're just going those facts. I don't know what else to say other than I respectfully disagree.

8. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    It had developed identity as the season went on with Lindsey but when he went down that killed it. Also, his reliable most reliable target (Sanders) it changed what they could do. If you're just going those facts. I don't know what else to say other than I respectfully disagree.
    Lindsay only missed one game. He was hurt in our 2nd to last game against Oakland.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Lindsay only missed one game. He was hurt in our 2nd to last game against Oakland.
    Yeah and Sanders was injured in the Bengals game.

11. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

For whatever the reason blowing it on Osweiler was his major **** up because

A - He was *supposed to replace PFM

B - Blew the pick because even after watching PM for years and winning it all he wasn't a real Q1

C - His first option he let walk out the door. THEN, picking up Sanchez made total sense as a backup to Oz as the projected Starter. I get why because Elway knew he wasnt worth the money.

I know... I know... but dont forget Simien.

He wasnt dreadful as he is perceived with GK in 2016.

2017 and onward he was the victim of a terrible HC, a garbage time OC and an OL that was a shit show (Watson, another blown Elway move) from the first play in preseason in 2017.

There is no gauge for how bad VJ was or how far he dragged this team down but there should be. Hes is the worst Coach ive ever watched probably since Rich Kotite w/NYJ.

I blame him for most of it.
    All that and plus Elway picked Owild, instead of Russell Wilson. That one will hurt forever.

13. The Following User High Fived Ground Control For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    You're misreading him entirely. Elevation is not a Joe Flacco fan at all.
    Fair enough. I probably missed the sarcasm, not knowing him. I'm sure it was there, if you say it was (no sarcasm). Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Which long passes, exactly? And against what teams? What kind of coverages? Down and distance?
    I don't know, man. All I know is that I read a crap ton of articles from Baltimore and the guy is not liked there and his failure at deep ball passes is a constant. As for stats, I defer to articles. I can't find the original Denver article I read that spelled it out succinctly but please read and argue on the follwing. Flacco is top 5 at getting out of his own 20, but mostly sub par at passing, in general. The media hype here is that he somehow transcends when he throws deep but the facts show that is nonsense.

https://www.milehighreport.com/2019/...and-joe-flacco

https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/joe-flacco/

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/st...p-ball-project

I could give you the endless Baltimore perspective but these article pretty much cover it. Please counter with any facts you find, if you are so inclined. Otherwise, anyone in Denver believing that Joe Flacco can actually spread the field is buying into a fantasy. As I've said elsewhere, teams do to Flacco (for years) the EXACT same thing they did to Keenum last year...they flooded the short and mid field and single covered the deep ball...because Flacco sucks...at everything.

Except the playoffs. If Fangio can get us there, then the guy shows up. That would be nice! I'm down for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    There's one big difference. Keenum was mobile. Flacco is an equestrian statue. So, the sucky OL affected Flacco more than Keenum. That's a big reason why Elway went out in FA and got a RT. I expect him to draft some OL as well. If they want to run the ball effectively and protect Flacco, they need a great OL. Right now the OL is about the same as last year - add James, lose Paradis. Net of zero.

A lot will depend on whether Garrett Bolles can be trained to stop holding on every play.
    In theory, Keenum should have been able to help his Oline by being mobile but horrible and predictable play calling left him having to be a master defense reader and play caller, which he is not. So, he was erratic and his line had little clue how to protect him. And he had less clue how to make things happen...at least when given the options he had (and his lack of deep options).

Flacco should definitely benefit from Munchak, Fangio, and Scangarello. My comparing Keenum and Flacco is maybe misplaced. Flacco just sucks, and he is not good at deep passes, so he cannot actually spread the field. At least, historically. But! Maybe some magic will happen with Scangarello and I'm hoping Fangio is a master of offense, because he is a master at shutting down offenses. I'm a huge fan of out receivers also. I hope we draft TE early....or, our existing TEs stay healthy and powerful. We'l see...

Adopted Bronco:
    Randy Gradishar Steve Atwater

Anybody else remember when they used to say that Elway couldn't win the big game until he did? Pretty much the same here. No GM hits on every pick in this league. Especially at QB.

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived broncofaninfla For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ground Control View Post
    All that and plus Elway picked Owild, instead of Russell Wilson. That one will hurt forever.
    Russell Wilson was short. Osweiler was Treebeard. That's why Elway picked him.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	treebeard.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	95.8 KB 
ID:	14040

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived Cugel For This Post:

And black. But that may be heretical to say...

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Jaded and i spoke for days about Wilson prior to the draft that year. He had everything you could ever want in a qb minus height. Damn his height was so overstated. That one still kills me

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information