Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Legendary Quarterback John Elway Can’t Figure Out Quarterbacks

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

I'm pretty much convinced Elway believes he has his next best version of a FA Peyton manning in Flacco. View it however you like good or bad, but that's where I think we stand.
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    I'm pretty much convinced Elway believes he has his next best version of a FA Peyton manning in Flacco. View it however you like good or bad, but that's where I think we stand.
    A playoff winning veteran with Super experience available in FA who can throw downfield. Its very similar
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Umm...no

4. The Following User High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I don't think so El. If Elway decides to rework Flacco's contract giving him guaranteed money and extension then I could agree with you.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    I don't think so El. If Elway decides to rework Flacco's contract giving him guaranteed money and extension then I could agree with you.
    Maybe after Denver returns to contention in 2019

7. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Maybe after Denver returns to contention in 2019
    Maybe but I doubt it even if Denver does return to contention. I would support it for 35 year old quarterback who doesn't resume of a Peyton Manning. I think he's a much better option as transitional quarterback than Keenum but I don't see where it is like Denver will need him past the age of 37.
    Last edited by TXBRONC; 03-19-2019 at 07:56 AM.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    Don't worry as soon as they see Flacco throw the deep ball in OTA's in shorts he will have a extension prior to the season....I'm convinced Elway only believes he can win from now on with a Veteran FA QB....

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    A playoff winning veteran with Super experience available in FA who can throw downfield. Its very similar
    Last year Keenum had a higher yards per attempted pass number. Not saying anything other than that. I can't find the article but I also read that Flacco attempted a whole bunch of long passes but connected less than Keenum.

There is that.

11. The Following User High Fived Ground Control For This Post:

Don't worry as soon as they see Flacco throw the deep ball in OTA's in shorts he will have a extension prior to the season....I'm convinced Elway only believes he can win from now on with a Veteran FA QB....
    Please see the above regarding how Keenum connected on more deep passes than Flacco last year. Stats suck because they are math. Not debatable.

I've been reading Baltimore sports articles lately and if you do, you would see how silly it is to assume Flacco owns the deep ball or spreads the field. It's actually kind of crazy how much the Denver media hypes this but has no clue. So we have no clue. To be clear: Flacco reeeeeaaaaaally sucked at deep ball completions last year. The fact that Keenum was better than him is not a good thing. Of course, his Oline sucked but if we are to say that Flacco can spread the defense effectively.....well, we really shouldn't say that actually.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

How have Baltimore WRs been recently?

14. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

We'll see. Elway has drafted six quarterbacks two of which were taken in the first two rounds. There is nothing in what Elway would has done that leads to think he will only be looking to veteran quarterbacks.

16. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Ground Control View Post
    Please see the above regarding how Keenum connected on more deep passes than Flacco last year. Stats suck because they are math. Not debatable.

I've been reading Baltimore sports articles lately and if you do, you would see how silly it is to assume Flacco owns the deep ball or spreads the field. It's actually kind of crazy how much the Denver media hypes this but has no clue. So we have no clue. To be clear: Flacco reeeeeaaaaaally sucked at deep ball completions last year. The fact that Keenum was better than him is not a good thing. Of course, his Oline sucked but if we are to say that Flacco can spread the defense effectively.....well, we really shouldn't say that actually.
    You're misreading him entirely. Elevation is not a Joe Flacco fan at all.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    You're misreading him entirely. Elevation is not a Joe Flacco fan at all.

Thanks for the back-up, I didn't feel like responding to him....I have made it pretty clear to everyone I think....where I stand with regards to flacco lol.....

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

There's zero doubt that you are correct. Elway kept looking for a younger version of himself to draft. Only there are no Elways in the draft, and if there were that player would be the consensus #1 pick just as Elway was. And there would be zero chance Denver would get him.

Elway scouted Andrew Luck, but of course the Colts had the #1 pick and were uninterested in trading. He did move up in the first round to draft Paxton Lynch - who had all the physical tools to be a great QB, but was a goof-ball pirate, and not an NFL QB.

Elway reportedly like Sam Darnold but was unwilling to move up in the draft to get him because of the cost.

The Jets gave up the 6th pick of the draft, plus 2 second rounders in 2018, plus a second round pick in 2019 to move up 3 spots. To beat that offer Denver would have had to surrender two #1s (2018 and 2019) and a #2 in 2018 (Denver did not have 2 second rounders in 2018).

No Bradley Chubb, no Courtland Sutton, and no #10 pick in this year's draft. The depth on this roster would be a lot worse than it is, but they would have a prospective Qb.

Since he didn't do it, he decided to get a veteran who was ready to "win now." Elway is always in win-now mode, which is great if you're a player. It's not as great in a GM who must plan for the future. I don't think this team is strong enough to win any SBs with Joe Flacco at this stage of his career. He had one miracle season, and that's it. And that was a long ass time ago.

20. The Following User High Fived Cugel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Ground Control View Post
    Last year Keenum had a higher yards per attempted pass number. Not saying anything other than that. I can't find the article but I also read that Flacco attempted a whole bunch of long passes but connected less than Keenum.

There is that.
    Which long passes, exactly? And against what teams? What kind of coverages? Down and distance?
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information