Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos combine notes: Billy Turner remains on radar, but not Antonio Brown

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Broncos combine notes: Billy Turner remains on radar, but not Antonio Brown

KUSA – As the Broncos contingent led by John Elway convene on Indianapolis this week for the NFL Combine, there will be two orders of business.

One, is getting a feel for free agency. Two is scouting and interviewing up to 60 rookie prospects for the upcoming NFL Draft.

Elway beat just about all Broncos to Indianapolis as he began NFL competition meetings on Monday. Adding some form of replay to subjective judgment calls like the pass interference missed in the NFC Championship Game was discussed Monday, although it was characterized as a scratch-the-surface informational meeting.

Here are some topics of interest for Broncos fans this week:
    rest - https://www.9news.com/article/sports...e-2092ec8ad422

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Can't read it because of their ad-blocker policy.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

It was a dumb article...or paragraph or whatever that was.

It said we are not interested in AB, we will look for a vet wr and are not scared off of Browns sickle cell trait. hes not afraid of denver either, if we are interested.
    Said we want Billy turner back, but the cards, vance joseph, kubiaks teams may be interested in him as well.

Thats it. I just did the whole thing in 2 sentences.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post

It said we are not interested in AB, we will look for a vet wr and are not scared off of Browns sickle cell trait. hes not afraid of denver either, if we are interested.
    Said we want Billy turner back, but the cards, vance joseph, kubiaks teams may be interested in him as well.

Much appreciated.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Why was it a dumb article? Klis is a mega homer and his propaganda gets annoying - but because of that he's got an inside track on what the front office is thinking. If anything - his free agency reporting is his most valuable...

I think you can reasonably deduce that we're going to sign at least one WR in free agency... Whether it's John Brown or one of these other guys: Tyrell Williams, Golden Tate, Donte Moncrief, Pierre Garcon and Jamison Crowder...

And of our free agent linemen - it sounds like Turner is the guy we're most interested in, which stands to reason that we're going to let Paradis, Garcia and Veldeer walk.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Why was it a dumb article? Klis is a mega homer and his propaganda gets annoying - but because of that he's got an inside track on what the front office is thinking. If anything - his free agency reporting is his most valuable...

I think you can reasonably deduce that we're going to sign at least one WR in free agency... Whether it's John Brown or one of these other guys: Tyrell Williams, Golden Tate, Donte Moncrief, Pierre Garcon and Jamison Crowder...

And of our free agent linemen - it sounds like Turner is the guy we're most interested in, which stands to reason that we're going to let Paradis, Garcia and Veldeer walk.

because the entire article was 3 sentences.

We are not interested in AB
    Brown is a possibility despite the sickle cell
    Turner is one we want to keep.

Thats it. He could have just tweeted that.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.

10. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

You do realize he gets paid to write these articles, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    You do realize he gets paid to write these articles, right?
    which is the biggest travesty here.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

It's called his job friendo.

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

I know he gets paid to do it.
    I know he has to do it.
    I dont fault him for doing what he is instructed to do.
    I know that news this time of year is scarce.

It's still a dumb article. I can critique it. Its dumb. Fluff pieces are better. I'd rather read a fluffy on Billy big pants turner.
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

I have problems where the text of a report is smaller than the photo. Or worse, when the headline says (implies) something the text doesn't say.

If it's only a few sentences, why not flesh it out with some details. If the Broncos like Turner then...

If the Broncos aren't interested in Brown, what WRs are they interested in and do they expect to be at an impasse with Sanders?

I agree with U29 that it is laziness to post just a few sentences as a story. As a tweet, okay. Different medium.

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    I have problems where the text of a report is smaller than the photo. Or worse, when the headline says (implies) something the text doesn't say.

If it's only a few sentences, why not flesh it out with some details. If the Broncos like Turner then...

If the Broncos aren't interested in Brown, what WRs are they interested in and do they expect to be at an impasse with Sanders?

I agree with U29 that it is laziness to post just a few sentences as a story. As a tweet, okay. Different medium.
    This is the dumbest debate I'll participate in all year - but I'll take the bait.

Klis literally listed 6 WRs that they are potentially interested in and has singled out John Brown a couple times.

They hope to re-sign Turner but will be competing with AZ and MIN who both have needs and former Broncos coaches who know his potential.

I'm not sure what else you guys expect at the start of the combine a month out from the start of free agency. If they end up signing John Brown and Billy Turner then you and UR should both write an apology letter to Mike Klis.

20. The Following 6 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

As I mentioned a fluff piece on Billy.

There is no possible way, you if all people, read that article and hold the position you are.

Also, klis should apologize to us, and dog, and a few others who have mentioned brown long before this 1st grade paragraph of an article.
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

yeah, but we mentioned Brown because we pulled up a list of FA WR's and went "which guy is fast and has some production," so it's not like we were delving in, either.

He listed why we weren't interested in Brown and made points that at least appear to be solid. Then there were the names of other players like Tate and Crowder. Then he moved onto the Turner stuff and had a few thoughts that were okay.

I see no offense here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

23. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Hating Klis just for the sake of hate is pointless. We all know he is to close to the team but he also gets legit insider info that no one else ever will. He has the trust of the front office. Much better than legwold or bagel bill ever were

25. The Following 3 Users High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information