Thread: Emmanuel Sanders unwilling to restructure contract

Default Emmanuel Sanders unwilling to restructure contract

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...cture-contract

Emmanuel Sanders has no time for your speculation that he might restructure his contract.

The veteran receiver tweeted in response to a story by a local Denver radio station contemplating whether the Broncos should approach Sanders about adjusting his contract. Sanders replied: "It ain't happening... no way Jose..."

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Is Denver even considering asking him at this point or is this just someone throwing shit in the wind? Either way, if Denver is it was nice knowing you Eman.

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Is Denver even considering asking him at this point or is this just someone throwing shit in the wind? Either way, if Denver is it was nice knowing you Eman.
    It was a radio station throwing it out there. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if John tried though. Reality is he's coming off a major injury and has a healthy cap number.

Without restructure we'd owe him 13m this year but a dead money number of 2.6m if cut. No chump change either way.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him offered an incentive laden contract that would allow him to hit his original salary if he has a normal year for him, but guarantees a decent salary against injury.

He won't make 13 elsewhere without proving that Achilles is ready to go.

Don't get me wrong, I love Eman, he follows me on Twitter, but it's a business. A fully functioning E deserves that kind of cash without doubt, but will he be fully functioning?

5. The Following 5 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

He should restructure and maybe an extension for another year and finish his career with Denver. If not, thanks for all ES you were beautiful to watch.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I don't blame him for wanting to get paid and I wouldn't blame Denver if they wanted to move on. He probably knows with his injury he isn't getting another big contact, so it's hard to fault him for not wanting to give back money.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I don't blame him for wanting to get paid and I wouldn't blame Denver if they wanted to move on. He probably knows with his injury he isn't getting another big contact, so it's hard to fault him for not wanting to give back money.
    No doubt. In my mind, and it's not my millions, but it seems to me I know nobody else is offering me big money until I prove it. That being the case, give me a deal that allows me to make a good salary with incentives to get back what I'm giving up. WHEN I prove it, I'll make the same.

If I can't... well, I wouldn't have gotten that money outside Denver either

10. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

He is not the first to say he won't restructure, and he wouldn't the first not too as well not be the first to go back on what he said previously.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    No doubt. In my mind, and it's not my millions, but it seems to me I know nobody else is offering me big money until I prove it. That being the case, give me a deal that allows me to make a good salary with incentives to get back what I'm giving up. WHEN I prove it, I'll make the same.

If I can't... well, I wouldn't have gotten that money outside Denver either
    He might very well wind up doing just that. Don't blame him for trying to keep his guaranteed money before settling for that though.

I agree with Wave.

I wouldn't mind seeing him get cut, tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

15. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

If I was a smart GM. I would ask if he was interested in a cut, if he said no, I wouldn’t get all wrapped around it....the reason i would ask though is because the dude is in his 30’s coming off a injury known to affect speed and agility which is a big part of his game. It’s a risk....As sanders I would just say no.....the public ah hell no thing sanders does rubs me the wrong way, but I don’t fault him for saying no, cause i know damn well I would to. However if we did decide to trade him or whatever I could understand why we would make that call.
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    If I was a smart GM. I would ask if he was interested in a cut, if he said no, I wouldn’t get all wrapped around it....the reason i would ask though is because the dude is in his 30’s coming off a injury known to affect speed and agility which is a big part of his game. It’s a risk....As sanders I would just say no.....the public ah hell no thing sanders does rubs me the wrong way, but I don’t fault him for saying no, cause i know damn well I would to. However if we did decide to trade him or whatever I could understand why we would make that call.
    It doesn't bug me that he said it. I care about his production a lot more than what he said in a tweet.
    Last edited by TXBRONC; 02-21-2019 at 08:51 PM.

18. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    It doesn't bug me that he said it. I care about his production a lot more than what he said in tweet.
    Agreed on production, I would have said no as well, just in private not all up in the media acting like a diva WR lol
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

20. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    Agreed on production, I would have said no as well, just in private not all up in the media acting like a diva WR lol
    I would expect nothing less of you.

22. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information