Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Does it make a difference in this draft?

Default Does it make a difference in this draft?

With the current talk about bringing in someone like greedy Williams or Devin White, I wonder if this will have any bearing on who is taken? I have to acknowledge that Coach Fangio was the DC in these situations, not HC so will that change the potential outcome? Will it be Williams or another CB in the first?

Avatar courtesy of Artist Faith Coyote

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Seems like a pretty cherry picked stat with a small sample size. Wouldn't read too much into that.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I would not say that means anything. The year he got to San Francisco they signed Carlos Rogers and he had Kyle Fuller (just drafted the year before in the first) and Tracy Porter in Chicago.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

That's a pretty damn interesting stat. Not sure it means anything, but it could mean.....everythiiiiiiiiiiiiiing. Or not. Muahahhahhahahah!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

False flag, I suspect. Despite the BS they all spout about "best player available", most early drafting is for "best player available at a position of need" and, in Round One, it seems generally also a position of need where salaries are high (QB, DT, LT, pass rusher, CB).
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I understand the Broncos have needs at both positions but if White is available I would not hesitate to take him. I think one of biggest problems with corners last year was that they were playing off the ball rather than playing right up on the line.

8. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    I understand the Broncos have needs at both positions but if White is available I would not hesitate to take him. I think one of biggest problems with corners last year was that they were playing off the ball rather than playing right up on the line.
    The other problem is we currently have two "capable" ILB's on the roster right now and only one capable CB. Maybe Yiadom makes some strides, but we still need depth. I love White, but if he and Baker and Murphy are available at 10...I go with Murphy or Baker first. Add one of them to Harris and a hopefully improved Yiadom...and I'm still hoping we can bring Roby back on a team friendly deal, as I can see him being much better under Fangio/Donatell...and I think our secondary is looking good. Especially if we can get Amos or Collins to play in the box and allow Simmons to truly stay at free safety.

To me...that whole scenario will be much more beneficial to our defense than adding White to share reps with Davis and Jewell.

10. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Allegedly Greedy doesnt like blocking and tackling?
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Allegedly Greedy doesnt like blocking and tackling?
    I think he has the raw potential to end up as the best CB to come out of this draft, but even if that's the case...it's not like he would be miles above Baker or Murphy. Those 2 are guys you can line up for the next 10 years and not look back.

13. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I dont think Denver is giving up on Roby just yet but i dont think the tweet means a whole lot anyway.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I dont think Denver is giving up on Roby just yet but i dont think the tweet means a whole lot anyway.
    I think when Roby was bad last year...he was really bad, and those are the moments people tend to focus on. But I also think he was also good more than he was bad. Provided the price is right, bringing him back under Fangio/Donatell could get him back to where he was in 2017. Plus, he's stated he really wants to stay in Denver. We'll see.

16. The Following 3 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    I think when Roby was bad last year...he was really bad, and those are the moments people tend to focus on. But I also think he was also good more than he was bad. Provided the price is right, bringing him back under Fangio/Donatell could get him back to where he was in 2017. Plus, he's stated he really wants to stay in Denver. We'll see.
    He just floundered when they wouldn't let him play his style. Part of it is like yeah, man, sheesh, you can't be that awful. But, coaching definitely did him no favors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

18. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritguy View Post
    With the current talk about bringing in someone like greedy Williams or Devin White, I wonder if this will have any bearing on who is taken? I have to acknowledge that Coach Fangio was the DC in these situations, not HC so will that change the potential outcome? Will it be Williams or another CB in the first?

Its something to consider, but also consider those teams may have had more than just 1 capable option on the table....we have Chris Harris and possibly a inconsistent and unproven Yiadom, a consistently benched Langley and a castoff Taylor.....I’m not so sure on those teams they had as big a CB needs as we do....in fact I don’t remover ever having a CB need the way we do now since the days of getting roasted by Peyton in the secondary every playoff game for a bit there....the roc Alexander and bob slowik days so to speak....we had champ and then no one....that’s pretty much where we at now.....
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    He just floundered when they wouldn't let him play his style. Part of it is like yeah, man, sheesh, you can't be that awful. But, coaching definitely did him no favors.

If the price is right we should bring back Roby....he is inconsistent but he is better then what we have outside Chris Harris....i mean we had to play Simmons in the slot for crying out loud that’s how bad it got....we had to go get a cast-off from Cleveland’s woeful secondary days.....i think roby’s problem was more scheme and coaching....i mean at what point do you decide Pac-Man jones is your guy..seriously because he can catch a punt....zero return skills but he can catch a punt so now he is our 3rd CB.....woods and Joseph didn’t have a clue what to do with our secondary last year.
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

21. The Following 3 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    The other problem is we currently have two "capable" ILB's on the roster right now and only one capable CB. Maybe Yiadom makes some strides, but we still need depth. I love White, but if he and Baker and Murphy are available at 10...I go with Murphy or Baker first. Add one of them to Harris and a hopefully improved Yiadom...and I'm still hoping we can bring Roby back on a team friendly deal, as I can see him being much better under Fangio/Donatell...and I think our secondary is looking good. Especially if we can get Amos or Collins to play in the box and allow Simmons to truly stay at free safety.

To me...that whole scenario will be much more beneficial to our defense than adding White to share reps with Davis and Jewell.
    From What I understand, Fangio likes to have both his safeties to be interchangeable and play off the line in cover 2 shells.
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information