Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Does it make a difference in this draft?

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

i doubt it means much. . . he may have had some input, but he wasn't the guy running any of those drafts. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

2. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

I think you have to look at last year's blueprint. The Broncos more than likely are going to bring in players with the following traits:

1. Good character
    2. Leadership skills
    3. Love of the game
    4. Coachable
    5. Great motor

I truly think that any prospects outside of those guidelines will be off the board with the 10th pick, and maybe the rest as well. It worked for Denver last year. I don't see them changing that model, especially after the 2017 draft debacle. So who can we rule out?

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    Its something to consider, but also consider those teams may have had more than just 1 capable option on the table....we have Chris Harris and possibly a inconsistent and unproven Yiadom, a consistently benched Langley and a castoff Taylor.....I’m not so sure on those teams they had as big a CB needs as we do....in fact I don’t remover ever having a CB need the way we do now since the days of getting roasted by Peyton in the secondary every playoff game for a bit there....the roc Alexander and bob slowik days so to speak....we had champ and then no one....that’s pretty much where we at now.....
    Since he wasn't a head coach in all those other instances it's hard to say if he's ever made pitch for a cornerback, because ultimately it was never his decision. He is still is not the one making the final, but as the head coach he'll have a lot more influence on who the Broncos draft.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    i doubt it means much. . . he may have had some input, but he wasn't the guy running any of those drafts. . .
    Fangio has been in the League a long time so seems doubtful that he's never made a pitch for corner. Even as Denver's head coach he doesn't have final say but he does have a lot more influence.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    I think you have to look at last year's blueprint. The Broncos more than likely are going to bring in players with the following traits:

1. Good character
    2. Leadership skills
    3. Love of the game
    4. Coachable
    5. Great motor

I truly think that any prospects outside of those guidelines will be off the board with the 10th pick, and maybe the rest as well. It worked for Denver last year. I don't see them changing that model, especially after the 2017 draft debacle. So who can we rule out?
    I would rule out greedy Williams for sure then at CB, leaving baker and Murphy if we go cb at ten
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

8. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Simmons is out as well. He'll drop with the ACL issue anyways.

10. The Following User High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

I’m hearing we could be interested in Taylor or Ford for the OL as well. Haven’t really paid to much attention to the OL at ten simply because of the caliber of Defensive talent and the primary need at CB
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    I’m hearing we could be interested in Taylor or Ford for the OL as well. Haven’t really paid to much attention to the OL at ten simply because of the caliber of Defensive talent and the primary need at CB
    Williams and Little are the only two that I'd consider at the 10 spot

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

I doubt he drops that much. He had surgery already and takes about 2 to 6 month for normal guy to get right/healthy. He will have the best care and is extremely good shape, and will be ready for training camp.
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Skin did no favors for our young defensive backs the past two years. Chris Harris is one of those rare players who really can do whatever he wants regardless of scheme. Roby needed to be in physical Pressman settings more than he was. Simmons was all over formations which just totally confuse the poor kid. I know a lot of people been saying that Simmons is mediocre, but I honestly still believe that he has huge potential as a ball-hawking over safety if he's utilized correctly

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    Skin did no favors for our young defensive backs the past two years. Chris Harris is one of those rare players who really can do whatever he wants regardless of scheme. Roby needed to be in physical Pressman settings more than he was. Simmons was all over formations which just totally confuse the poor kid. I know a lot of people been saying that Simmons is mediocre, but I honestly still believe that he has huge potential as a ball-hawking over safety if he's utilized correctly
    Playing off the ball wasn't a benefit to Harris either. The strength of both is press coverage.

16. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

With the op questioning the possibility of adding someone like White to the team I thought some of you might find this interesting. Even has a Bronco twist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dV4t663pPQ">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dV4t663pPQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="385">

It doesn't want to come up for me so here is the link. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dV4t663pPQ
    Avatar courtesy of Artist Faith Coyote

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information